1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ultimate Fighter] Kimbo vs Roy Nelson!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by sew, Sep 29, 2009.

1. sew

sew Member

Biggest fight in TUF history. Anyone else pumped for this?

Dana is predicting around 7 million viewers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...14?slug=dm-mmanotes092809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I got Big Country winning this fight, but I'm pulling for Kimbo.

Here's a still that was leaked. Possible spoiler.

[​IMG]

2. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Will definitely check out.

I haven't been into MMA very long but how is Kimbo transitioning from backyard brawler internet sensation to a MMA fighter?? I only saw that one fight where he lost to a substitute fighter.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Kimbo has zero ground game, but if he can land a few punches he can win against TUF contestants.

Against quality UFC fighters? I think he'll lose

4. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

About your spoiler:

BOOM HEADSHOT!!! Slice = Mr. T part 2?

5. Asian Sensation

Arms fully extended..... hips perfectly rotated.... looks to be on the button.

6. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Roy Nelson isn't just a "TUF contestant". He's was the IFL Heavyweight champion, fought some big names like Arlovski (although he got knocked out), has a black belt in BJJ from Renzo Gracie. He's easily the best and most experienced fighter on the show and Kimbo is going to have his hands full. I expect Nelson to pull out the win but from everything I've read I'm expecting Kimbo to impress some people and put on a hell of a performance.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That still shot looks pretty damning. That looks like a power shot right on the chin.

Obviously, Roy Nelson is the more skilled fighter but the guy's conditioning looks horrendous. I know some guys can carry some extra body fat and still have good overall conditioning (especially in a two round fight) but that cat is obese. He also seems to have a problem taking instructions so if that carries over into the fight Kimbo has more than a puncher's chance.

And how the hell is Kimbo still so weak on the ground (I'm assuming from what I have seen on TUF and in his MMA fights)? The guy trained with Bas Rutten and his crew for months and now he has Rampage helping him so he should at least be competent on the ground but I don't see it.

I'm pulling for Kimbo. I'll go out on a limb (even before the picture) and say he KO's Nelson late in the 1st round.

8. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I dont think Rampage and Rutten are great guys on the ground. Both of those guys have great stand up and mainly use that. Kimbo needs to go to a camp with stronger ground games, like ATT.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He is at ATT

10. JamesC

JamesC Member

I cant wait for the fight either. So far the first two episodes have been pretty good.

11. runamok

runamok Member

Definitely a worthy opponent for Kimbo to prove something. The dude is got a humble aspect about him (when not fighting). I like this different fighter class their doing, their all huge, real exciting until that last fight where both fighters got plane tired....

Rampage is just hilarious, natural comedian- to bad he is dropping out of the fight

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, that is definitely a spoiler. :eek:

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Kimbo has the build of a superhero. Its hard to believe Nelson is at 265.

14. YaosDirtyStache

Kimbo is a brawler who can beat you in a street fight but lacks any sort of training to make it in the world of MMA. What good is your knock out blow when your arm is in a vice.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What good is a vice if you are knocked out?

16. sew

sew Member

Whether or not Kimbo wins this fight, he'll be in the UFC.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/kimbo-slice-has-ufc-staying-power.html

17. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Wow, considering that Rashad wanted nothing to do with Kimbo when he stepped through the door... he earned their respect.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I cant wait for this fight. Dana White predicted 6 million viewers.

19. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

It's going down tonight!! :)

20. sew

sew Member

Yeah, even his fellow competitors have been heaping nothing but praise toward Kimbo.