1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. cebu

cebu Member

this is just a weird fight.

2. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

this is amazing

4. cebu

cebu Member

their first fight was more interesting, this one is boring.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

DC is gassed

6. teknokid

teknokid Member

4th and 5th rounds were horrible

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

wow good fight, but i think jones took it

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

what an anticlimatic last round. bones wins. hope the rematch is better

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Tough fight for Jones, but DC ran out gas in the fourth. Wasn't just hype, they really don't like each other.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well he did throw cormier around a bit. Not exactly like my dream but Jones won.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jones dominated. Well done and much deserved.

12. Asian Sensation

Cormier looked like trash in championship rounds. Adrenaline dump or bad cardio whatever it was... Looked horrible. Good fight until then. Credit to Bones.. He's tough.

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Cormier beats any other lhw tonight

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This. First three rounds very exciting. After the eye poke Cormier wasn't the same. I'm not blaming that, just looks like he ran out of gas.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The UFC is trouble too many of its good fighters are gone and there aren't any new guys coming up. Its just jon jones. LHW division used to be the best division in the UFC.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not if that LHW is named Alexander Gustaffson. (And yes i know Gus lost to Phil Davis).

The LHW division top 5 just might be one of the most entertaining in 2015.
    Guessing winner of Gus and Rumble fights Bones. (How crazy would it be if Rumble beats Gus? But nah, we the fans deserve Gus vs Bones again).

I figure loser of Gus and Rumble fights Cormier. That's still a really good fight in the future to look forward to.

Then the Glover Tex and Phil Davis' bring up the rest but between DC, Gus, Rumble and Bones. That might be a good battle in LHW for 2015.

17. ferrari77

Ha, funny I responded right after your post but with a different take I guess.

I feel between DC, Gus and Rumble, anyone can come out on top. I wouldn't pick a favourite but then I also feel Gus is the worst matchup possible for Bones as well. Too similar. I bet Bones will be hoping Rumble Johnson wins that fight(or maybe he will be rooting for Gus so he can try to avenge the beating he took from Gus last year).

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

man gus won that fight but its so hard to win a decision if you're not the champion.

as for DC, i'm appalled by how out of shape he was. its a championship fight 5 rounds. you train so you can last for 7 rounds and be fresh for 5. he gassed by the 3rd. just terrible cardio by him.

19. ferrari77

Maybe it was more the fact it went past the third round than the eye poke?

But seriously thank goodness, Bones didn't get him w/that again or else I'd hope the judges would've docked a point. Herb Dean didn't really give him a warning, mainly just telling him how to keep his fingers.

Cormier definitely needs to do better work to be ready for five. I guess Bones is definitely not Josh Barnett or another heavyweight that might gas out by the 3rd.

20. ferrari77

Agreed.
    I'm wondering if Cormier and his crew felt because he hung in for 5 rounds against Barnett that they could go w/whatever cardio routine they used previously for that fight, to prepare for this one vs Bones. They know better now and he better get that sorted before his next fight.