1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The UFC thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dragician, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Lawler is such a baws.
    That last surge gave me chills.
    I thought Hendricks was about eek it out again, but I'm glad that clinch game and holding on to Robbie didn't pay off. Surprised he went so defensive as he was outstriking him earlier.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he just gassed in the 4th, whether from being a fat lard and cutting too much weight, or simply from the knees he took to the body.

3. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

I think a big part of it was complacency too. He thought he had atleast three rounds and could just play conservative. He had landed about twice as many shots as Robbie.
    I'm glad Lawler got rewarded though.

4. Beavis Stiffler

I think he will do well. He trains in the Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and has a background in Muay Thai and also some grappling experience due to his wrestling career.

Since this will be his first time fighting in the octagon, maybe Punk should start fighting guys with little to no cage-fighting experience on the Ultimate Fighter reality show.

He will definitely have a better UFC career than Kimbo Slice and James Toney.

5. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mvTbQOIDQuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

6. Beavis Stiffler

A great fight between Dos Santos and Miocic. Maybe a candidate for fight of the year.

7. Beavis Stiffler

A big victory for JDS. It was a close fight. He might get a interim HW title fight against Werdum if Cain is still injured.

Also, a good performance from Rafael Dos Anjos in his fight against Nate Diaz. Dos Anjos dominated that fight with his leg kicks and ground attack on Diaz.

Overeem is back in contention of the heavyweight division with his TKO win over Struve.

Later tonight, two former UFC fighters, Jon Fitch and Rousimar Palhares will be in the main event for the WSOF Welterweight Championship. That fight is on NBC Sport Network right now.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You know where I can catch that jds.

9. body slam

body slam Member

I don't see how JDS won that fight. To me he clearly lost rounds one and two. Won the third. The final two rounds were closer Miocic did more.

The Diaz brothers are tied at the top of my list for fighters I want to see lose. With Bisping coming in 3rd and Anderson Silva 4th.

10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Palhares with yet another leg submission. And yet another delayed release

11. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S0v2vUbV158" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vBgBvR0ZjgI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Beavis Stiffler

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CsT_cJCJi-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. body slam

body slam Member

Jones vs Cormier now there's a fight to get excited about

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

I really dislike Jon jones. He really comes off as so fake. I hope he gets knocked out.

1 person likes this.
  15. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AGzk8cT15VA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Asian Sensation

Can't wait for this fight!!

Jones is going to get rag dolled. Cormier is such a beast and most people don't give him enough credit. I wished the odds were a little better for Cormier and I would've place a bet for sure. Cormier is a +145 underdog on most sites. If it was +200 I would've put some coin down. Vegas is predicting a close fight (smart).

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Why don't you just make a small play on Cormier if you think Jones is going to get rag dolled? Not trying to diss you. Just a degen here trying to decipher if that's false bravado by a hopeful fan or a true opinion of an unbiased observer. Either way, it's not like it matters, lol, but I want to know, none the less.

18. gambingo

gambingo Member

anyone has a decent link? will rep:grin:

19. Asian Sensation

No offense taken at all.

It's more of a hassle more than anything to go online and place a bet at small odds. I don't bet online. I like making bets when I'm in Vegas during fight weekends because I can just give cash to the bookies. Even if Cormier wins (which I think he will) the payout isn't worth it at only +145. I'm not rich or a big better but betting even a $100 (small play as you mentioned) isn't worth it if I only win $145 bucks.

Like I said if the odds were greater than +200 I likely would've dropped $500 for a chance to win at least a grand (worth the hassle to me).

Long story short.... the odds (payout) just isn't quite good enough :)

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I randomly had a dream about this fight a few days ago. I've been waiting for this fight to happen and my thoughts all leading up to this fight was that Cormier would crush Bones Jones. That said in my dream Jones was dominating Cormier and going for sub attempts from back control on Cormier.

Last time I had a dream about a fight was the 2nd Silva v Sonnen match. In my dream Silva destroyed Sonnen. We were in Vegas for that one and my friend was dying to bet on Sonnen since he was a Chael fan boy. I told him I wanted to bet Silva and he looked like I shot his dog so I went along with betting Sonnen begrudgingly and obviously lost money.

Anyhow...it's going to be a hell of a fight and I'm pretty pumped up for it. I really like Cormier and I'll be rooting for him, but I have to go with my premonition and say Jones takes it. I know DC has fought a guy with the same length and height as Jones with Big Foot Silva, but Jones uses his length so much better than Big Foot and he isn't slow as molasses like Big Foot.

Jones has never fought a guy like DC either. DC has ragdolled guys much taller and heavier than himself. Plus DC has great quickness and I can see him getting inside of Jones' length since Jones' striking game is not amazing.

The only thing I'm worried about is Jones poking the **** out of DC's eyes since he does that crap all the time. I hope the ref warns him before the fight and warns him immediately if he does that stuff where he keeps his fingers out.

Man I can't believe a UFC fight that I want to see is actually happening for once. I'm kind of in disbelief. It's been so long with all these injuries and legends retiring.