1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The U.S. Constitution does not apply to you Houstonians per U.S. Government

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TexasStake, Jan 3, 2014.

1. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

[​IMG]

Judge Reaffirms Constitution Free Zones 100 Miles Inside U.S. Borders

District Judge Edward Korman, a US federal judge, has reaffirmed an Obama administration policy granting officials the authority to search Americans’ laptops, citing a controversial premise that makes citizens within 100 miles of the border eligible for a police check.

2. trustme

trustme Member

This map can't be accurate. The US border in the Wisconsin and Michigan area actually starts up in Lake Superior and cuts over Michigan. So Illinois and Indiana shouldn't be highlighted.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Well now, how else is the state going to be able to protect the interest of the ruling class? Now shut up, take your Soma and quit talking about that pesky outdated Constitution.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

can we get a link and a picture that wasn't from October 2008, please ToyCen/TexasStake?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Take this SENSE-MAKING LOGICAL ARGUMENT about politics and the government to the D&D.

KEEP the Hangout stupid! :cool:
    No, I believe that's right. If you take a ruler and measure the ratio that's about 100 miles off the border, those cities and states DO make it 100 miles away from Canada. :eek:

:eek: borders have changed?!?!? :eek:

(please don't tell me U.S.A. owns Mexico)

6. across110thstreet

not what I am implying at all.

I am implying that ToyCen/TexasStake logged in to abovetopsecret.com, blindly clicked on a link, blindly read the story, and blindly copy and pasted an ACLU graphic from 2008, then blindly shared it here in Hangout.

it is clearly D&D, and this same poster is the same one that got banned from Hangout for doing the exact same song and dance.

with ToyCen/TexasStake, ignorance is bliss.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Makes total sense now, this is the reason many Houstonians can't view the Rockets games...:eek:

Houstonians have no rights, Thanks Obama!

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So how can this be used against us? Can an officer stop me randomly and ask to look at my phone?

9. Pete the Cheat

suck it Hawaii...nowhere to hide!

10. across110thstreet

no. the ruling affects travelers from abroad and their devices at border checkpoints.

the ruling was made in reference to an Islamic Studies scholar who was detained on a train from Montreal to New York, his device was confiscated after they found images of Hamas and Hezbollah rallies on his laptop, and sued.

fwiw, he is a dual french-american citizen

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also where is the link for this story?

12. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Its really disheartening the erosion of our liberties that were so critical to the Founding Fathers in the last 10 years.

I thought George W. Bush did some horrendous things and I thought this would be something Obama wouldn't continue but he just continued and more these atrocious policies destroying our freedoms in the name of security.

13. across110thstreet

don't get duped by the thread title, headline, or the graphic- it's false.

the 100 mile constitution free zone graphic from 2008 has ZERO correlation with the recent ruling by Judge Korman out of Federal District Court.

from one of the links (since the OP failed to provide any info)