1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The truth(s?) about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Mar 10, 2013.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Actually, it shows how little you do. Baron Davis is one of the biggest wastes of talent the NBA has seen. I'm sure he's awesome in whatever video game occupies the vast majority of your life though

2. King1

No need to add to your post as expanding on stupidity isn't exactly a positive for the board.

3. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Averaging 16 and 8 for his first 2 years in the league and he's only 22 years old, yup wonder why?

4. Dementium

Dementium Member

I'm not going to get into a flaming war with you. We will agree to disagree on Baron Davis.

Those numbers he put up speak for himself. And you cherry picked one name from the entire list.

As for my subsequent post feel free to just ignore the points made and just focus on the personal attacks though. I'm not exactly going to be able to change your mind on Lin when so many other posters like torocan haven't been able to do so.

5. Dementium

Dementium Member

I am curious though. How exactly is a two time all star, with multiple seasons of 20+ ppg and 7+ apg a waste of talent?

6. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

If they're gonna draft scrubs like Xavier Henry in the first round, then Lin should've been drafted. Vasquez was a first round pick. Can we agree Lin is on par with Vasquez?

7. dxdx

dxdx Member

Aww, this is first nice thing I have heard King1 say about Lin. ;)

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

What the crap? Of all the PG busts you could've compared him with, you chose Vasquez?

Not johnny flynn?
    Not troy bell?
    Not Acie Law?

Vasquez is arguably better than Lin. Smh.

9. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Taht's because the wizards are a terribel team overall and lost hope for john wall. it's not even his fault really, he's surrounded by a terrible cast and just returned from injury.

10. King1

Baron Davis is far from an elite player. Nobody would agree with you on that. Ironically, you're talking to someone who was actually a big fan of his and enjoyed watching him put it together for a GS's run.

What points did I ignore and enlighten me on my stance on Lin. This should be good for a laugh. Oh, and why would I care what Torocan has to say? He isn't even a decent poster. There are plenty of intelligent Lin fans, he's just not one of them.

11. King1

Considering he had all the talent in the world but decided he'd rather eat then practice says it all. Want to see Stephon Marbury's best seasons too?

12. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

I'm not even saying that Jeremy Lin is All-star talent, but it seems you are missing the points on that there are certainly flaws in the scouting system. Although Shved was scouted at 16, he still has to prove that he can play at the senior level. Also like I said guys like Prigioni and Shved already played at the pro level in Europe and on their national teams so NBA teams would already have seen more. Lin played in the Ivy league as a combo guard, so it's more understandable why he want undrafted.

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

You realize that your whole argument is based on a stupid tautology, right?

Lin is not an all-star talent because he wasn't drafted.

Lin wasn't drafted because he's not an all-star talent.

That's brilliant logic right there.

1 person likes this.
  14. nickg

nickg Member

Wall is also the only option on a **** team. Of course he puts up numbers. Lin is maybe a third option, is hardly a point guard now, and has been fixed into more of a spot up shooter role. You're ****ing dumb if you expect anything from him, especially anything similar to 16 and 8

15. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

I'm comparing starters from his draft class

And yeah Vasquez is better than Lin... if you're playing Fantasy basketball and need more assists

Let me know when he figures out how to play D. Sure would've been useful in stopping that 25 pt comeback

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

What I don't understand is how Jeremy's handle is so weak. He's a proffessional NBA Point guard but has an obvious weak handle. I trust the ball with Beverley more than i do Jeremy.

17. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

While his handles are slightly below average, he's actually improved a lot from last year, which gives me hope that he can soon be average or even above average...

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is my biggest issue with him. But I still like him and all the Rockets!

19. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Bob Cousy finalist and drops 30 on lottery pick, Kemba Walker and 12th rank UConn...yet he still didn't pass the eye test to many scouts...I wonder why...

Playing at Harvard played a role as well as race, but he should have never been playing at Harvard in the first place. I'm not saying Lin should have been a lottery pick, but saying he should have been a very early second round pick is more than fair.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

We've been spoiled by Derrick Rose. Even for an NBA point guard, Lin's handle is considered above average. Yes, of course I would love to see Lin develop a lethal crossover, but reality is that may never happen and even if it doesn't, Lin's handle as of right now is still better than most NBA point guards.