1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The trumpians got one thing right...Biden is UNFIT to be president

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Aug 16, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

It should've never happened.
    20 years for what is the question
    this shouldn't be us americans talkig about who did it right bush.vs.obama.vstrump,vs biden ,it shouldbe that for 20 years, ttrillions of OUR dollars that they don't seem to have when it comes to american infrastructure, and millions of lives both of ours and civilians of theres who have nothing to do wit hwar, but certaily that made them recruit to be anti american after this **** show.

Read the afghan paperse, even the generals throughout from the very beginning had no clue waht to do. We're here IMPOSING the idea o acountry on them. Do they understand afghani geography? Its tribal in nature, with 0 infrastructure meaning that people in different parts don't even speak the same language and don't relate to eachother..a centarlized govertnment was laughable from the start in a place like this...but we kept going thing well building something in kabul and itll work....read the papers, itwas never going well, they jut lied and move the goal post.

Bush passed it to obama who passed it to trump, who began a withddrawal with a bad plan, and biden who just stuck with it and did it finally. Its a terrible sunk cost, there are no winners except the lobbyist, the arms dealers, and contractors who made a killing. And the politicians jut funneled our money to them and said yes please.

T_Man likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

At the moment it’s chaotic and messy but we yet to know what’s the actual causality and how many people we have to leave back vs a more orderly exodus. Let’s also not forget that there was, on a somewhat bright side, no civil war…

Lots of people are caught up in the moment. History will have a much wider lens to view this.

edwardc likes this.
  3. Gioan Baotixita

They’ve been lying to us about this shiit show from the start. They fukked everything up and now turning friends into enemies.

edwardc likes this.
  4. DonatelloLimestone

they were never even friends
    but right now theres an article of a former official who has a hit out on him from the taliban and he is in hiding and slowly getting infuriated
    the afghans never asked us to come in.
    they never wanted afghan to be one country, because its not. we trained people who don't even believe in that concept and wondered why it didn't stick to a bunch of civilians who can hardly evne talk to eachother because its so tribal.

it was a gross ignorance that we cold do that, build a nation, and in 20 years they can protect themselves entirely new with a govertnment propped up by foreign poeple and a concept they don't get yet.

so we just created a bunch of new enemies, people hostile to america coming in a country burning it down, then 20 yers later saying whoops and i'm out only to make a deal with the god damn taliban. And the way we did that is going to serve as a massive recruiting tool for extremist on how americatreats the world and just lke oddly enough the hard right wanting good political theater made it a point to say we're againss islam is like everyoen saying the insurrectionist are against radicalchritianity or something...these people are barely literate rather than religious and reading religious text, the culture and language is just religious, these people aren't devout or any less power hungry than the last extremist..but ignorance sells, on both sides and they used those quotes to take the msulims and say this is what the west thinks of you, its a war against us and them, and htey sold it...we sold acommon enemy...

money, time, power exchanged and gained for a select few, the civiilains here and there lose.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where's kamala?

#46 Astrodome, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Don you hit on point....

The real LOSERS in all of this the U.S. Military and their families...... Thousands of lives lost and changed forever...

But all you see is SO CALLED proud Americans trying to blame one man... As you stated Red and Blue... Rep President and Dem President are too blame.... There was no happy ending in all of this and there was NO PLAN.. I MEAN NONE that would have not ended up in CHAOS!!!!!

We should be celebrating that our men and women are coming home and praise them for doing what 95% of the people on this board would not do...

T_Man

8. DonatelloLimestone

exactly, Ido recall at the time steve nash came out against this war...they barraged him as unpatriotic, including david robinson. the media is quick to use that to stifle any dissent

but the irony in that in my opinion all that is a critique of the suits and the money holders on top who don't risk their lives and families and sit in their arm chair and act like heros be it trump, obama, bush, or biden. Hell trump is bragging that his vietnam was not getting an STD...none of these dudes served except cushy bush's experience. We need people who've been ther and know whats at steak that OUR boys and girls and their families are just following orders and doing their job. I will always support the members, and I willalways apply pressure to the suits on top to get their damn decisions right as if these were your boys and girls you're sending away.

So when trump said no more wars. I said this guy is good. then he sent 5k troops to saudi saying 'they paid for it'...I realized that these ****ing swamp dwellers are all about themselves.

as you know, war is a rackett..always has beenhttps://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html
    In modern day which is based on economics and tech rather than land, its almost useless outside of egos for people who want to stay in power.

I will call out biden for all the wars hes suppported, I will also say he finally did the right and tough decision to just not pass the buck for your 'legacy' and gtfo. The sunk cost is just goign, I'm glad our boys are home. my heart goes out to the afghans who helped us and then as our dumbass suits demolished their country only to have taliban back up. hey , i guess at least arms dealers made a shitload of money?

-go look at the peolpe who accepted these bribes of taking our tax money and essentially funneling them to contractors to do blank check BS.
    Go look even at ted cruz's article where he admits they look the other way for 'relationships' with companies ironically while writing about his principles...before you guys talkabout one side, go look at pelosi's history of insider trading oncompanies she directly has oversight of. Before you say but the other side...just how hunter biden stans say about ivanka or jared fans i guess say about hunter...how about we tell them all to go ****ng kick rocks and get anotehr employee to handle public service...sadly they'll never get this isn't about them, bc half the lemmings here and the media just keep making it about them. Biden should've never made it this far, neither should've trump

mdrowe00 and T_Man like this.
  9. T_Man

Man you preaching hard right now...

If they want a real survey ask the people who served over there and the families that lost love ones...

T_Man

DonatelloLimestone and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

Exactly, thats why i just role my eyes when i see this pundits be it onfox or cnn talk about 'loyalty' and being 'patriotic' while they all sit in their cushy towers lecturing and then getting off with just an apology....our boys and family who actally riskit all in the line,time with their familes,kids and just follow orders deserve better

sadly if i make an impassioned please here they say biden/trump/fill in whoever they worship 'lives rent free in your head' or your'obsessed'...usually what people retort to when they can't argue the material on hand.

You're 100 right on the family we need their say..it truly is the ultimate sacrifice...and then these assholes cant even protect our 9/11 first response heros while they capitalize on 'patriotisim' and its memory...they can't find the money for it but don't tell em they don't have money to fly private all the time or fancy state dinners etc. . Hopefully the tide changes like it is now, but i suspect the lobbying andbribing we have in america and access to our politicians will be really damn persistent....likewise with the israel and Saudi lobbies to keep some conflict goign...why we listen? why we were helping in yemen and creating a famine and ruining our own reptuation around the wrold as some defender of democracy be it obama who did that in yemen or trump who bent over for saudis. same **** different day

T_Man likes this.
  11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Best as I can tell, there is only one topic that Republicans consistently never flip on. White supremacy. For the last few decades, GOP softened their stance, theoretically speaking, to sound more palatable. However, Republicans have never been willing to dismantle white supremacy. The GOP continued to to institute new policies/laws that promote themselves and/or always seems to negatively impact people of color.

The war on drugs, war on immigration, war on Afghanistan/Islam, school vouchers, etc. etc. etc.

Abortion was an issue that conservatives did not support in the '70s. Conservative political strategists fined tuned the wedge theory of politics and elevated abortion as an issue as the tip of the spear to define/separate the population into us vs. them. Agreed that the GOP would drop this issue instantly if they felt it was politically advantageous.

Back on topic, Biden was setup. But overall, at least he has the courage to do the right thing even if that means taking a few hits. As usual, after the dust settles, I believe the Democrats will be on the correct side of history.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. T_Man

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The goal was fine. The execution was horrific.

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I disagree with this narrative. Tens of thousands of Afghan soldiers died in the war. Yes, they capitulated at the end, but then the relevant question is 'why did they do that, when they had been fighting all along'?

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Uhhh, no.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

As someone who was involved in training a single ANA unit and ANCOP in my time in Marjah, the vast majority of those in the ANA are poor people just looking for a job and money. There is no national identity or pride.

That is why the Taliban ran over them. It was a group of people with no identity and just wanting to love and a group of deep ideologies willing to die for their cause.

If you want to know why these things never work, it's because whenever we install a puppet government our incentive to that government and the people in that government is money, not national pride or identity, but money. So when their lives are at stake, they have no will power to fight for it. They'll go through the path of least resistance.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they've trotted the VP out of retirement for these remarks

Astrodome likes this.
  20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think that about sums it up. Why fight when there really isn't anything for them to fight for. This is the fundamental gap in our perspective there that caused everything to fail, I think. I don't think we ever understood there wasn't really even a concept of nation there. Still isn't. Would you concur?

They were fighting before...for the money, then?

fchowd0311 likes this.