1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The true Stupidity of Don't Ask Don't Tell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It is behind a subscription block.

2. Major

Major Member

Absolutely. That's almost always the case with policy. They've already made the determination to shut down Guantanamo too - but it won't be done until they have a full plan in place to handle the transition. And yeah, it sucks for the prisoners in the meantime, but that's just how policy is implemented. It applies in business, in government, and basically everywhere else.

Haphazardly implementing policy changes without considering the effects of those policy changes is both inefficient and irresponsible.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I totally agree. I understand casey's point about stopping the discharges, but lets say he sets that example, it may start a flood of people coming out.

4. uolj

uolj Member

That doesn't mean a link can't be posted.

5. Bandwagoner

I seriously doubt congress will pass a law repealing the code but not letting it happen for any significant period. Every discharged serviceman will be on CNN with Anderson Cooper.

I also think you seriously underestimate the military if you think they need counseling for a gay guy in their squad. They are dealing with PTSD, and other real problems.

6. Bandwagoner

It is a joke in reference to SF's nemesis, El Basso.

7. uolj

uolj Member

Ahh... gotcha.

At this point, I can only assume SamFisher's claim is made up or a misinterpretation. Otherwise he would have spent 2 minutes providing enough information about the source for others to verify what he stated. It's too bad, too. I wouldn't have minded if what he said turned out to be true.

8. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Haven't you heard? Sam is the lawyer of all lawyers. His services are so sought after that he's asked to advise on every legal matter in this country and even manages to find the time for all of them. EVERY SINGLE ONE! It's almost too good to be true! Sometimes I wonder how he finds time to squeeze in his legal advice in the D&D considering what all he has on his plate. We should be thankful for his time and effort.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^ you aren't thankful though, and that is what is truly sad.

1 person likes this.
  10. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I promise to be thankful if you could so kindly grace us with 20 seconds of your precious time and provide a link! :)

11. LScolaDominates

Homophobia is not a real problem in the military?

12. Bandwagoner

No. Stereotyping is a real problem on this board though.

13. LScolaDominates

Wow... I wasn't aware that anybody was murdered over stereotyping on clutchfans.

14. Bandwagoner

A decade ago a soldier was murdered? Wow what a huge problem. How many pregnant women have been murdered and raped in the military? Crap happens, even in the military where the members have a much lower probability of commiting a crime.