1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, May 4, 2009.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

He's got a great show tonight though, Steve Martin and Paul Simon playing with the Roots. That's must see tv.

2. Kate81

Kate81 Member

C'mon, Jimmy was funny on SNL and you didn't like Fever Pitch?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hated him for the most part on SNL. Always giggling uncontrollably and looking right into the camera.

He had a few funny skits.

Boston Kids.
    Jared's Room? (The one where he's the stoner college kid on a webcam)
    Another one I can't remember right now.

Never been a fan of his.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

That's the funniest part EVAR!!!11!

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I've never found Fallon funny at all. I put him in the same category as Adam Sandler. They are similarly unfunny and I've never understood how either of them extended their careers beyond SNL.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

How dare you tarnish the genius that is named Adam Sandler!

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i enjoyed today.. Hanks and the meteor was pretty hilarious to me

8. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This is perfect. 12:30 was pushing it, and I only watched from time to time. 11:30 = watching Conan every night. It beats my previous routine of flipping the channel for 2 minutes and then giving up and finding p*rn online.

Both episodes have been great. Another +1 for Andy moving to the couch. What's the deal? Johnny and Ed did it. Conan and Andy did it previously. They had great chemistry, and it gives Andy a chance to interject in a non-awkward manner. Conan is best when he has someone to play off of.

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Although maybe not hilarious, he can be a great actor in some movies. Check out Punch Drunk Love, Reign Over Me, Spanglish (chick flick though), and the Wedding Singer.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Conan's best stuff was with Andy back in the day. I'm very glad they brought that back.

11. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

As others have mentioned on here before, Fallon's delivery is really awkward. I couldn't take 5 minutes of his monologue. I had never watched him when he was on really late.

12. Kate81

Kate81 Member

The Barry Gibb Talk Show.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

First time watching his monologue and not that impressed. Jays monologues I found much funnier and he didn't have to resort to making acting with his hands and body. Jay brought more jokes while Conan had to buy time with his antics. It wasn't as bad as fallon but not as good as leno or letterman or even kimmel.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Here it is.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I posted in the random thoughts thread, but I'll say it again. I'm glad Conan made it to "primetime". The guy is great. Much better than Leno or Letterman. Letterman was watchable, but I didn't like Leno. I'm glad more people get to see him.

I have to be to work early tomorrow, but I'm staying up....

Great skit...I love the Seeing in the Futures...

#115 Two Sandwiches, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think Conan is the funniest talk show host ever... by far. I honestly don't think I ever once laughed at a Leno joke. Not only were his jokes shallow in humor but his delivery was awful, in my opinion. I always figured Leno must appeal to old people who just found him to be a pleasant character and weren't worried much about the quality of his comedy/interviewing.

I never watched late night shows much until Conan came around. I find his wit and on the fly humor to be top notch stuff but to each his own. I also like the goofy stuff he does because he does it in an intelligent way. It's not like full blown slapstick. His interviews are so much more entertaining and dynamic than those of most other hosts. Letterman is a pretty good interviewer but I still like Conan better. Conan's monologues are simply the best but I guess you have to like his sense of humor to appreciate them.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree with all this stuff. I especially like how Conan never blows himself up, he is down to earth. Whereas a guy like Letterman talks trash to J. Phoenix for chewing gum on his show when Phoenix's antics are probably bringing in all kinds of viewers and buzz.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

meh. Phoenix's Kaufman ripoff was lame as hell.

19. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

thats what i'm saying. phoenix coming out as some other character...i thought it was hilarious letterman ripped into him

20. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Sadly, they changed it to "in the year 3000". It was hilarious how they kept using the 2000 tag when it was like 2006. I wish the show was a little bit more cruder like before.