1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ticket] Scoops Callahan Asks Phil Jackson His Last Question Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by twhy77, May 9, 2011.

1. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

more ticket love from a displaced houstonian. i absolutely hate the mavs, cowboys, rangers, etc.. but i love the ticket. they def do not take themselves that seriously and 75% of the time theyre not talking about sports anyway.. if i had to listen to some of the cowboys and mavs homer talk they do up here i would poke a hole through both of my eardrums

2. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

1560 is pretty entertaining. especially since we get alot of offseason time in houston.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Funny concept, poor execution. Every question is the same: "Champ, Champ, you guys are the bees knees, etc"

And have you not heard of 1560 The Game?

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I always liked the fake Wade and Jerry before Wade was fired.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6nQ7YZXZKz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Oh man, my favourite was the one right before U2 were to perform at Cowboys "stagium" and they have fake jerry and fake wade singing "Where the streets have no name". I damn near lost it while listening to that bit and I still can't listen to that song without laughing, all thanks to Fake Jerry and Fake Wade.

Fake Tiger Woods isn't bad either and I love how they even go after their own hosts- e.g, Gordon Keith imitating Norm Hitzges and his over the top personality. Fake Norm is up there for me as well.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Ditto. I hate Hate HATE Dallas and their entitled, idiot, a-hole, sports fans with a passion, but I have to begrudgingly admit, the sports radio up there absolutely kills anything in Houston.

7. ferrari77

The show at noon-BaD radio(with which the guy behind Scoops Callahan is on) usually take a road trip with the Dallas Stars once a season. So last season they went on an east coast swing with them and in DC, Scoops Callahan made an appearance with a question for Ovechkin. This was after Ovechkin was just asked one in a series of generic questions after the game that night.
    The Caps head PR guy blew his lid and sent them out then decided to show how big a douche he was by calling the Buffalo Sabres PR guy(the team the Stars would be playing next) and telling them to beware of Scoops Callahan and the guys on his show. (Keep in mind it's not as if the Sabres had/have anyone that the station would want Scoops to question).
    The radio show discussed this for a bit after it happened and their fans took to twitter and got into it with the Caps PR guy on twitter and there's still some animosity on his part towards the guys on that radio show.
    Some folks just need to lighten the heck up.

8. crash5179

Corby Davidson is one of the guys on the ticket in the afternoon. Here is one of his live performances.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BLQiBtVGI3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Since the Ticket was the 1st all sports radio station and several of the original personalities are still there, they have a cult following. As a result a lot of their humor is inside and only obvious to the people that listens regularly.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely. what they're describing is 1560.

the seinfeldian mock draft rules all.

10. crash5179

11. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Unless it's changed a lot in the past 2 years, nothing I've heard in Houston even comes close to the Ticket. It's good if they lighten up a bit, but they need to hire some actual talent, not just a bunch of guys with goatees who watch too much sports.

12. twhy77

Yeah no one is going to get the whole Greggo saga unless they've been a listener for 10+ years.

Do you like this gig?

That wasn't a question. I mean, do you like your job?

1 person likes this.
  13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Obviously, you were exposed to Dallas for too long. :mad:

PS: are you moving back to Houston? Dallas? Texas?

14. twhy77

I don't know at this point. I've got two maybes from Dallas firms, but well you know, things suck.

For everyone out there not in law school, DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I totally expected to hate that, but it was so incredibly stupid that it was actually kind of funny.

16. twhy77

That's kind of their thing. They will be talking about it this afternoon I think on BaD radio: http://theticket.com/

Just ignore all the Mavs stuff on their homepage, and you can listen by clicking at the top.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

agreed...I don't listen to it...it's not a true sports talk show, just about current events, flavor of the month, etc...gets old after a while...

18. ferrari77

Too late.
    What school are you in? SMU? TWesleyan?

19. twhy77

No, I'm at Notre Dame.