1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Thurs Day GOP Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by glynch, Aug 3, 2015.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well, they could try to restore some dignity and sanity to the process and the party by calling him out (and others who amp their rhetoric up to unhealthy levels) - but that would just open them up for attacks by vultures like Cruz in the lowest-common-denominator Thunderdome that is the GOPrimary.

Maybe Chris Christie (if he even makes the debate?) can try a desperation shouting match at Trump to stay alive - he really needs something

2. dragician

dragician Member

I don't Trump will show up.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

What did he say that made him sound like an idiot? The only thing I know about him is an 11 minute interview on meet the press.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

He said that prison proves that being gay is a choice.

That's just one off the top of my head.

5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Apparently there is a debate at 4 PM for the non-10 prime time guys at 8 pm CST. I really really want to see Perry, Trump, Cruz, Paul, and Huckabee, and Bush all in one room.

Why would Trump not be in the debate?

6. Butterfingers

He brings a good point. But that assumes they stay gay once free.

7. Baba Booey

I guess we differ on what counts as a "good point."

How about Carson saying Obamacare was the worst thing since slavery?

or saying our society is "very much like Nazi Germany?"

Are those good points as well?

If you have newborn twins conjoined at the the head, Carson is the man to call. If you need ANYTHING else done, I'd go a different direction.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not really. That would be like saying if someone smoked weed once they are a drug addict.

Just because someone who might engage in the act in an extreme and unusual circumstance doesn't mean that that is there persuasion. Rape is often not a matter of sexual satisfaction but also an act of power or asserting dominance. I would guess that in prison that is even a bigger issue.

I'm disappointed too that someone who is a neurosurgeon wouldn't also consider that there is a fair amount of evidence showing biological differences in homosexual brains than in the brains of heterosexuals.

9. Butterfingers

I don't care enough about politics to stay up to date and hear about his other comments. Just commenting on that single thing.

Edited: because this is the D&D and people take everything the wrong way.

#29 Butterfingers, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  10. Anticope

Anticope Member

So it takes a strong knowledge of politics to know about things like slavery and Nazi Germany?

11. Butterfingers

I was just saying I don't keep up with politics enough to have heard his other comments nor do I even know who this guy is. I just thought his point was interesting as I had never heard someone spin something that way.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most of those sound facetious. The interview I saw on meet the press he addressed being misquoted as calling the black lives matter movement silly.

What he was really calling silly, according to him, was that if someone says "all lives matter" they get in trouble. Then he had an example of someone I don't care about apologizing for saying all lives matter.

I don't think he is a guy that can be summed up in quotes. His answers weren't dittohead type repetitious taglines.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh yeah, he's a barrel of laughs that Ben Carson

Except that it's a stock line of us and he's dead serious - it's red meat for the tea party faithful and he believes every bit of it:

#33 SamFisher, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  14. Baba Booey

He brought up slavery and Nazi Germany to be flippant? That just doesn't make any sense at all. At some point the man needs to own up to the nonsense he spews. If someone compares our society with Nazi Germany, it not only show a total lack of knowledge on this country, but on the Nazis as well. It shows such a lack on knowledge that the guy should be dismissed outright for the comment.

Carson is irrelevant anyway. He has 0.0% chance of getting the nomination.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No clutchfans d&d get together for debates? Would be super cool, wish I could join.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/05/upshot/new-polls-give-better-view-of-gop-debate-field.html

17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

bigtexxxx invited everyone to his lair, you didn't get the invite?

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's called "The Roost" and it's on top of Rice Stadium.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well take the time to learn something up to date. There is more to life than sports (Go Rockets!!) and infotainment. It is one of the reasons why we have lost our democracy to a few selfish billionaires whose pr firms feed crap to the ordinary voters.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://abc13.com/902651/