1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Thread of The Donald

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Fantasma Negro, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Department of Justice brings the case and we name Fred Trump, the father, and Donald Trump, the son, and Donald hires Roy Cohn, of Army-McCarthy fame. [Cohn, a Trump mentor, had served as Senator Joe McCarthy’s chief counsel during his investigations of alleged Communists in the government and was accused of pressuring the Army to give preferential treatment to a personal friend.] Cohn turns around and sues us for $100 million. This was my first appearance as a lawyer in court. Cohn spoke for two hours, then the judge ruled from the bench that you can’t sue the government for prosecuting you. The next week we took the depositions. My boss took Fred’s, and I got to take Donald’s. He was exactly the way he is today. He said to me at one point during a coffee break, “You know, you don’t want to live with them either.”

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

As far as discrimination, he wouldn’t discriminate against somebody who had $3 million to pay for a three-bedroom apartment. Eventually he had some very unsavory characters there. But if you read John O’Donnell’s book [Trumped! The Inside Story of the Real Donald Trump—His Cunning Rise and Spectacular Fall, written with James Rutherford and published in 1991], Trump talked about how he didn’t want black people handling his money; he wanted the guys with the yarmulkes. He was very much the kind of person who would take people of a religion, like Jews; or a race, like blacks; or a nationality, like Italians, and ascribe to them certain qualities. Blacks were lazy, and Jews were good with money, and Italians were good with their hands—and Germans were clean.

Hakeemtheking and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

The so-called Central Park Five were a group of black and Latino teens who were accused—wrongly—of raping a white woman in Central Park on April 19, 1989. Donald Trump took out full-page ads in all four major New York newspapers to argue that perpetrators of crimes such as this one “should be forced to suffer” and “be executed.” In two trials, in August and December 1990, the youths were convicted of violent offenses including assault, robbery, rape, sodomy, and attempted murder; their sentences ranged from five to 15 years in prison. In 2002, after the discovery of exonerating DNA evidence and the confession by another individual to the crime, the convictions of the Central Park Five were vacated. The men were awarded a settlement of $41 million for false arrest, malicious prosecution, and a racially motivated conspiracy to deprive them of their rights. Trump took to the pages of the New York Daily News, calling the settlement “a disgrace.” During his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump would again insist on the guilt of the Central Park Five.

4. Nook

Nook Member

In the summer of 2005, Donald Trump had an idea: What if the next season of his reality-TV show, The Apprentice, pitted “a team of successful African Americans versus a team of successful whites”? Trump thought the format would be a sort of social commentary—“reflective of our very vicious world.” The concept never made it to air, but Trump’s treatment of black contestants on his show generated controversy.

One contestant, Kevin Allen, a graduate of Emory University, the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of Chicago, was criticized by Trump on the show for being too educated; at the same time, Trump suggested that Allen was personally intimidating.

5. Nook

Nook Member

“Our current president came out of nowhere, came out of nowhere … The people who went to school with him—they never saw him; they don’t know who he is.” That statement, made at the February 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference, marked the launch of Donald Trump’s public efforts to sow doubt about whether President Barack Obama had been born in the United States. “Birtherism” had been festering for several years before Trump embraced it—supplanting other proponents and becoming its most prominent advocate. In March, on The View, Trump called on Obama to show his birth certificate. In April, he said that he had dispatched a team of investigators to Hawaii to search for Obama’s birth records.

For Trump, the run-up to birtherism had been a controversy that flared when a Manhattan developer proposed building an Islamic cultural center on a site in Lower Manhattan—the so-called Ground Zero mosque. In 2010, on the Late Show, Trump told David Letterman: “I think it’s very insensitive to build it there. I think it’s not appropriate.” Letterman pushed back, saying that blocking an Islamic facility would be akin to declaring “war with Muslims.” Trump answered: “Somebody’s blowing up buildings, and somebody’s doing lots of bad stuff.” Trump offered to buy out one of the investors in order to halt the project. The action made him one of the project’s key opponents and for the first time gave him national visibility on the political right.

6. Nook

Nook Member

He reportedly referred to African countries as “shithole” nations—asking why the U.S. can’t have more immigrants from Norway instead—and complained that, after seeing America, immigrants from Nigeria would never “go back to their huts.”

FranchiseBlade and Ziggy like this.
  7. foh

foh Member

Lol. It's ironic when Trump complains Biden to be treated with kid gloves in the above interview by Trump when he is the one throwing a tantrum by refusing to participate; stating that he "won second debate"; is not going to debate a computer; is not going to be cut off and wanting moderator of his choice because Chris Wallace was not to his liking. All of these things are lame LAME excuses.

Also, you sound triggered. Do you by chance have a trump deranged syndrome? It's the syndrome that makes people deny facts and science. It's what makes a most powerful man in the world contract an infectious disease and make country's command outpost (White House) be a hot spot and an international joke instead of place emanating power and control of a situation.

You people are the true losers unable to cope with realities of the world like adults and overcome problems with reason and poise. Instead you promise seniors and blacks miracle cures and use Chinese financed stimulus checks to advertise your election campaign. Ludicrous

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

trump wants biden arrested and going on tv saying it.

he is one step away from poisoning his enemies. i wouldnt be surprised if he tried to storm on biden and try to sneeze on him..

this dude is a bio hazard and has stinky following him around... flies coming off his head like pig pen.

this whole situation is certified nuts and it was nuts a week ago when i didnt know trump was the host. like serious. talk about october surprise!

who is guarding the nuclear football this azerbijan stuff is making my bpm go next defcon

9. foh

foh Member

Trump's failures this months and campaign posturing/flailing are so obvious that hardly anyone with critical thinking can take him seriously. And mail in voting pretty much makes October feel like election day, meaning that no one would blame Biden for abandoning debates in their regular format.

Remote debate format is what he should stick to and not bulk at Trump's tantrums.

In fact, he should point out all the unethical campaigning Trump is engaging in and cancel in-person debates all together - Trump literally is liable to lick Biden's face in roid rage if they meet on stage again.

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Full on TDS lol. This you? lol
    [​IMG]

IBTL likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

That’s the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i love these acronyms.. its very scientology of you.. how is shelly miscavige?

14. Fantasma Negro

15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I wonder how much he paid her lol

16. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I find it funny his full embracing of Q anon level crazy is doing him in. They started out playing with the crazies for votes but went bonkers themselves and lost the plot.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Enjoy!

Nook and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

n/m wrong day

#1018 heypartner, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

enjoy

Xerobull likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Live from Florida, it's Saturday Night Trump!

I think I'm gonna try to do a rally on Saturday night if we have enough time to put it together but we want to do a rally, probably in Florida Saturday night. Might come back and do one in Pennsylvania the following night. It's incredible what's going on. I feel so good.

#1020 J.R., Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020