1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Champs

Champs Member

We simply are not getting Young. So prepare yourself now.

2. houston19519

houston19519 Member

So be it.. roll with whatever qb they like and let’s get it :cool:

Champs and raining threes like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

But you don’t say anything to other posters stating their support over and over

Sooty likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/mcshay-tua-tagovailoa-getting-rag-191503788.html?src=rss

5. Buck Turgidson

Oh they're on the list, give me time...

But you're right, and that post was not directed at solely you, but more of a general blast, I feel like it needs to be said every once in a while.

ROCKSS, cmoak1982 and Sooty like this.
  6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That’s fair. I’m really not intending to spam the board or make it miserable on this forum.
    Texans and Astros forums are far less troll areas than the garm

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think it’s ok to respond to others with your opinion no matter how many times it’s been stated. As long as things stay cordial, arguing is what we’re here for. It’s not like you’re starting thread after thread like the SOF’s on the basketball forum. I’m with you the Texans’ and Astros’ forums are much more fun than the troll filled Rockets forum.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I love the draft and probably spend too much time delving into it!
    Texans need a franchise QB if they are to be in contention for a SB and the most promising one in this draft is Bryce Young.
    Waiting for next year doesn't guarantee you a shot at a top guy as other teams may want them and simply refuse to trade away their chance to get one.
    Bryce has played at a high level in college and the rules nowadays offer better protection for QBs.
    I see a lot of arguments suggesting an extra few inches in height would somehow protect him from injury better? I have to think about that one.
    And an extra 20 pounds will make a world of difference? Hmm...that still wouldn't guarantee him less injuries.
    It only takes one, and even big QB's get hurt.

10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

I love the draft and probably spend too much time delving into it!
    Texans need a franchise QB if they are to be in contention for a SB and the most promising one in this draft is Bryce Young.
    Waiting for next year doesn't guarantee you a shot at a top guy as other teams may want them and simply refuse to trade away their chance to get one.
    Bryce has played at a high level in college and the rules nowadays offer better protection for QBs.
    I see a lot of arguments suggesting an extra few inches in height would somehow protect him from injury better? I have to think about that one.
    And an extra 20 pounds will make a world of difference? Hmm...that still wouldn't guarantee him less injuries.
    It only takes one, and even big QB's get hurt.

moonnumack and Sooty like this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am fine with CJ Stroud as long as they absolutely love the kid and he "checks all the boxes", I dont want a Trey Lance scenario, I have come around on the scenario that if the Texans don't love Stroud, they maybe move back and add picks or stay put and get quality skill positions, we don't have to tank next year, if we trade back and get another first round we have the ability to move up next year...........no matter what scenario plays out, it will be better than the past few years and I know were building on something

12. Buck Turgidson

You're good, don't change a thing for me (great song, btw).

I think I have PTSD from the poster @[redacted] a decade or two ago (that's weird to type), who would go on and on and on and on for a few dozen pages in a verbal death match with anyone and everyone who didn't agree with him, while never really saying anything unique.

Sooty, raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I get it. I know I can bang the drum a bit much too.
    But know, I’m gonna be pissed on draft day if we draft him lol.
    I’ll get over it and hope he does well

raining threes likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

I would expect nothing less!

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I understand there are different points of view. I do have a problem when people tell me there is only one point of view. My preference is to build deep teams rather than a few stars surrounded by average at best team mates. But like I say. it's a preference. (One I think works, but a preference none-the-less)

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. RocketsDraftTV

cj stroud is the best qb in this class, maybe if young was taller but sadly he aint

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The Panthers continue to put out this information HOPING the Texans will panic and trade. The Texans are happy to sit a #2.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Trying to scare Nick and Meco

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. raining threes

Posters really aren't going to like it when Ryans/Caserio pick Anderson at 1-2 and then trade up fron 1-12 to the Raiders at 1-7 and pick Levis. To make this trade Caserio will probably have to give up 1-12/3-64/6th rd pick and a 2024 1st.

It's a lot to give up, but if Levis can play to his athletic abilities he will be a franchise QB. It's up to Slowik/Johnson to get the best out of Levis. Caserio's job probably depends on getting the QB pick right.

With all of that said, if Young's there at 1-2 he's going to be the pick.

Shark44 likes this.