1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nice writeup.

I wasn't trying to compare Young to Mahomes. Hope it didn't seem like that. I just feel as strongly about You long being good as I did aboutahomes being good. Durability is my only concern.

FWIW, I think my comparison for Mahomes coming out was Big Ben mixed with Stafford. Interesting to look back on.

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Man, I want Young BUT I am bracing myself for Stroud......and I think I have convinced myself it will be just fine, 1 and 1a I keep saying :D If its Stroud I will smile and say LETS GO

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like Young, he looks amazing, but really worried about his long-term durability. Don't want Stroud, just my gut so I may be completely wrong. Would rather take Will Anderson at #2 or go with one of the other QBs (Levis, then AR). But to your point, I'm ready to start the season--excited to see what Coach Ryan and staff can do!

ROCKSS, Colt45, Rudyc281 and 3 others like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Champs

Champs Member

Bryce Young to Carolina. Time for me to move on as its in my best interest.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Umm yeahhh no. Bryce Young does not have Kyler Murray type movement ability. Not in the same athletic category at all actually. Young is nifty and can move within a peaceful pocket just fine. We'll see real fast just how athletic he is and if he has the innate ability to feel pressure and evade accordingly within chaotic NFL pockets.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

if it's not Bryce i wouldn't mind a trade down if a team is willing to trade up a give good capital

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The terminator at #2 if Bryce is gone

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

“If you go back and look at the notes on him and compare to Joe Burrow, I know the size is different but the skill set is eerily similar.”

11. raining threes

If Bryce is gone I'm picking

1-2 Anderson
    1-12 Smith
    2-33 Washington
    Trade up 3-64/4-103 Schmitz
    3-73 Best WR
    Rd.5 Bennett and I would trade up into the 4th to get him.

Draft franchise QB in 2024.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14 year Panther Thomas Davis is hearing Carolina likes Richardson

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans are drafting Stroud or Young.

14. raining threes

To their detriment.

Unfortunately you're correct. I doubt they draft Stroud.

15. RocketsDraftTV

Bryce young will be a bust

watch cj strouds tape and when you factor in his rushing potential you could be looking at the next joe burrow

watch the Texans blow it on the midget

16. RocketsDraftTV

no use talking to raining threes or cmoak, they want the Texans to draft a white qb in the worst way. How many white qbs did we draft that failed before we landed Watson. Stroud is the guy we should take since there is no Caleb Williams this year. I think stroud goes above drake maye in a fantasy draft regardless, let’s see drake maye next year when teams in the acc get to face him the 2nd go round and latch on to his tendencies

also people are overlooking Bryce young’s height, he is more than likely gonna be a bust. Whether it be because of injury or failing to move the chains consistently because of bigger defensive players at the nfl level keeping him in the pocket. Kyler and Russell Wilson both have to scramble drill to make big plays, and when they are asked to carry a team and play 3down traditional pocket quarterback, drives stall and you get 3 and outs

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Shut up you racist little b****. You want a black QB no matter what. You’re still clamoring for a washed up Winston.
    It makes you so mad the 4.5 of the top 5 QBs are white in this league doesn’t it?

And damn near every pundit has Maye better than anyone in this class. Might end up above Williams.
    Elite size, elite athleticism, elite arm and elite production.
    Deal with it, cope as well as you can bigot

raining threes likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Overlooking? That has been the ultimate talking point on him. If anything they are overlooking his ability to create on the fly which is a skillset that only a few NFL QB's possess.

Russel Wilson won a ring and prior to last year had been playing like a top 5 QB for a while. If Bryce is Russel Wilson 2.0 then the Texans nailed that pick.

Kyler Murray has looked like most guys that come from Lincoln Riley's system and is someone who clearly has maturity issues.

Two Sandwiches and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That poster is an idiot.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Levis was black, he wouldn't be a 1st round pick. Racism in QB evaluation is still there. Maye's last 4 games showed ALOT. He needs to improve alot next season.