1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. showa13

showa13 Member

Same thing was said with freakman before all of this happened. Putting that aside nothing about stroud says ‘elite qb’ to me. Fields has been the best Ohio state qb that has come out in decades, and the bears are weighing options, which still includes trading him and taking young. Hyped Ohio State QBs never work out.

Also want to put it on the record again that Caleb Williams is a better QB prospect than any QB in this draft.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. showa13

showa13 Member

VY had a Jeff Fisher problem. Off topic but there’s a good video that goes through that dynamic from the secret base YouTube channel

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yes he does. Go ahead and read the ringer article I had posted before. He has to be an outlier to beat all outliers to be successful

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I loved VY, wanted him to be successful because he’s a homegrown kid. But not sure he had what it took in the pros

5. showa13

showa13 Member

Not saying he would or would not be successful, but he was in a crap situation

JamesC, Fulgore and Shark44 like this.
  6. seank1986

seank1986 Member

7. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Bryce Young now expected to throw at Alabama's 2nd pro day on April 6th, and not their first (March 23rd) as previously advertised. (According to Andrew Groover on Twitter)
    Looks like that AC joint is more troublesome than expected.
    If it eventually needs surgery, his draft stock will plummet and with millions of dollars at stake, you can understand the waiting.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

This from an acquaintance with significant sports injury experience as a Doctor and avid Texans fan:-

"I just discovered that Bryce Young's shoulder injury last Oct not only included an A/C separation and a mild rotator cuff injury, but that he also suffered a shoulder joint subluxation on that play........an injury that has gotten no play by the media.............and has significant prognostic implications.

While sometimes the symptoms of subluxation are mild, it can potentially lead to long term problems including recurrence, full dislocation, rotator cuff injury and arthritis. Shoulder subluxation is defined as partial or incomplete dislocation of the glenohumeral (shoulder) joint or displacement of the humeral head (the ball of the joint) and glenoid fossa (the socket of the joint) while the humeral head is in contact with the glenoid fossa. The weakness of rotator cuff muscles or laxity of the glenohumeral ligaments causes the humeral head (the ball of the joint) to slip out of the glenoid fossa (the socket of the joint) easily and results in glenohumeral (shoulder joint) subluxation.

When a subluxation occurs, the labrum is not uncommonly torn from the bone and the capsule is stretched. These injuries can cause recurrent instability. During the Combine, there will be concentrated attention especially to the condition of his labrum.
    The shoulder joint's stability depends on the labrum, but just as importantly if not more so, the surrounding muscles including the rotator cuff muscles to protect it . Looking a Young's muscle development casts further doubt in my mind on his ability to avoid further shoulder (amongst other) issues in his NFL future."

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/03/06/takeaways-lamar-jackson-free-agency-scouting-combine-mmqb

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I can get excited about either Young or Stroud, so no reason to trade up.

Richardson seems like an unnecessary gamble given other options at #2, but at the very least he would be interesting.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I really want this guy. The more tape I watch the more I like him. Game reminds me a lot of Joe Burrow/Aaron Rodgers. The ball placement is incredible.

12. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Yeah if you actually pay attention to this game, he played really well. He could have ran it to help his team more though.

Wattafan and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I can see joe burrow in his game. Similar athletically also

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I just don't want the Texans to take a flyer on Richardson at 2. Guy was missing throws in shorts. Put yourself in an actual game situation and you probably shouldn't expect better. Just from the games of his I watched, he is not as quick twitchy as you would think. He also doesn't play like he is as big as Cam Newton who used to run all over guys.

red5rocket likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stroud/Young/Richardson all look intriguing for their own reasons. Wonder if Houston wants to draft defense with pick #2 and then trade up to get their guy assuming one of those 3 is still on the board in the 5-10 range.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

In the game that proved to be the final, he led his team to a game winning FG opportunity. I want those kind of players.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I think I have resigned myself to realize Young will probably not be there at #2 (Thanks Lovie, your final job was to lose and you F`d that up also) and we will probably select Stroud, if that's the path they take I will ride with it and be as excited as I can be

Two Sandwiches, Rudyc281 and napalm06 like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

How is his neck length, though?

mikol13, conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. raining threes

If there's a labrum tear or fraying in his shoulder, that's a death knell to a QB. Hopefully this hasn't happened to Young. It's a career killer, even if he plays well to begin with, this is an injury that almost always catches up to a QB.

Rudyc281 and Wattafan like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The shoulder thing scares me. Would pass if there is truth to that injury. Don’t know what I would do at that point. I don’t think you can trade down if you want stroud or levis

Rudyc281 and Wattafan like this.