1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. SuraGotMadHops

f***in Lovie blowing that top pick. We're gonna be remembering this blunder for a decade.

whag00, Genesis and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I know Brees is taller I’m just saying it isn’t that much of a difference between Bryce and Drew

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Look where their foreheads end….

Keep in mind, I want CJ

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Huh?
    Top of his fro isn’t as tall as Brees

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What I’m saying it isn’t a huge difference in height between Bryce and Drew

Fulgore, cmoak1982 and mikol13 like this.
  6. Qan

Qan Member

I lost hope Texans will draft a stud defensive player at #2...if so, I hope it's just gonna be Young or Stroud. Whoever is there at #2, with Young the preferred pick. Just don't trade.

liveguy and vince like this.
  7. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

According to sauces they've already reached out to Davis Mills for the number of his neck guy! #periscopesup

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I hope young comes in at 5’10” 199. Make it so no team will want to risk trading multiple firsts to get him at 1 overall. Then he’s there at 2.

9. vince

vince Member

I like a quarterback to be 6’4” to 6’6” and weigh 220 to 235 lbs. With the intangibles and NFL IQ.

I’m well aware there are some shorter NFL QB’s, but I’d rather throw the dice on a less than ideal prototypical QB with a 2nd or a 3rd round pick.

I may be wrong and Young turns out to be a perennial pro bowl and NFL champion, but to me it seems risky.

raining threes likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Sooty likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

rfrocket likes this.
  12. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

According to your criteria, you wouldn’t even want Pat Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers in his prime because they’re only 6’ 2”! At some point, people have to value the play on the field over raw traits.

I’d also like to say that the Texans have already tried your route. Mills is as prototypical as it gets and as we can see, it just doesn’t matter as much as people think.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Everything matters. Play on the field can’t be the main factor because there’s no way to judge the play fairly with talent and play design discrepancies.
    It’s a big factor, but so are measurables. Plus leadership, communication skills, retention, etc.

Outliers like Young are harder to evaluate. He doesn’t have any elite physical traits, but several very good ones. Tape is great but so is a lot of Bama players. What sets him a part is he comes from a good family that has prepared him for adversity. It translates to leadership and chaos management imo.

He’s still too small, can be elite or he can completely bust

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

"Play on the field can't be the main factor..." Are you serious? So being able to throw 70 yards against AIR and throw to guys in shorts is more important? That is the biggest crock of **** I have EVER heard. Bryce Yound AND CJ Stroud played in the best conferences and played against the BEST team in college football. Both looked Superb against Georgia in atleast one game. Your thinking is the reason teams draft Blake Bortles, Zach Wilson, Jake Locker...etc... Measurables don't mean **** if the QB doesn't have it between the ears and can't read defenses.

Phillyrocket and houstonstime like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I'm sure NFL teams dream of QBs like that...in theory. You know how many QBs of that size actually have won big on the field? VERY few. Because many of them dont have the NFL IQ to go along with that type of body.

whag00 likes this.
  18. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Play on the field is an important factor but i don't think it can be the only factor or you'd end up with a bunch of Tim Rattay, Tim Couch, Timmy Chang, Tim Tebow types. Just don't draft any Tims.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, first, Stroud has not played against elite competition. Big 10 is not elite.
    Stop making excuses for them.

And if production is everything, then there are tons of QBs with better production and numbers that have failed. Physical attributes matter, bottom line. Production in college isn’t as important as ability.

And it’s real convenient that you prop up production for Stroud and Young, but Maye doesn’t get it. Who had better numbers than both this season.
    You also leave out Haskins (better numbers than Stroud) and numerous others that have done nothing but had production in college
    You’re a clown that shows your bias.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member