1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans #1 Draft Pick Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Brando2101, Feb 7, 2014.

?

What should the Texans do with the #1 Pick?

1. Trade it Away

14.5%
  2. Draft Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

1.2%
  3. Draft Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

0.6%
  4. Draft Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

27.5%
  5. Draft Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

30.1%
  6. Draft Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

1.0%
  7. Draft Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

25.1%
  1. Remii

Remii Member

First you INSISTED the Texans would draft Teddy... We'll see if you'll be right THIS TIME about what the Jags will do with their 1st round pick...

2. Remii

Remii Member

Nothing about drafting Bortles with the #1 overall pick makes sense. I hope they are just blowing smoke and trying to trade down.

3. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Only qb that would make sense is Bridgewater.

Maybe fleece the Browns?

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I still INSIST that the Texans draft Teddy Bridgewater.

I have no control what the Texans do. If they pass on Bridgewater, I hope he ends up in JAX so we get 10+ years of a royal a** kicking.

5. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Not gonna lie, I would be fearful of the Jags if they went with Bridgewater (if we didn't pick him)

6. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

One thing to have to put up with Luck, but with two potential elite qbs?????

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

have no feeear, blake bortles is heeeeere!!!!!!

i'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Really think we will regret not drafting Johnny Football but as if now im down with Clown.

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I keep seeing every QB in the top 10 linked to the Texans except for Teddy. If he isn't even on their board, I'm seriously going to wonder if we hired the wrong guy.

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't get too worked up about anything you hear leaked at this point. If BOB is letting the true inside info out at this point, he's already proving himself incompetent, and drafting Bortles won't make a difference in the imminent flame out.

Personally, I think the fact that we've now heard everybody but Bridgewater to the Texans is interesting. We'll have to get a Bridgewater rumor soon, just to keep the balance. If not, I may begin to actually believe that he is the guy.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Calm your @** down... You sound like an LOF.

12. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Crazy to think they like bottles more than teddy. I just don't buy it.

13. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yup, can't let the teams ahead of them in the draft know what they want to do.

14. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Im not worried about Manziel, I am worried about having Bridgewater in the division for the next 10 years

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

I would worry more about Manziel, one of the most electrifying college players ever who has the it factor with something to prove and his will to win. This could haunt us for years, but then again who can predict the system and injuries that is in his future.

16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Teddy 6'2 1/8 214 lbs manziel 5'11 207 lbs manziel with bigger hands but teddy is not that small at all

17. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Some interesting reports the last few days (in regards to owning the #1 pick):

Raiders poised to land coveted QB -- or elite prospect
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders-poised-land-coveted-qb-195556596--nfl.html

Minnesota Vikings willing to move around to draft a QB
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/2/20/5430592/minnesota-vikings-willing-to-move-around-to-draft-a-qb

Lovie: Bucs to look at drafting QB

Interesting that all these teams are coming out and saying they're looking at QB, specifically, we weren't too sure if Bucs (Pick 7), Raiders (Pick 5) or Vikings (Pick 8) would since they have a QB in place, although not very good ones. You can obviously add Houston (Pick 1), Jacksonville (Pick 3), Cleveland (Pick 4 and 26) and Arizona (Pick 20) to the list of those that could go QB in the first round. I wonder if the number of teams looking at QB early will cause a team to offer us a nice package to trade down.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry,

Any one of four (yes Carr) quarterbacks could be taken depending on the personal evaluation of Coach BOB and his staff. None are slam dunks, none are dogs. If you hate Bortles, did you hate Roethlisberger? Hate Manziel? Do you even know about Fran Tarkenton? Are Teddy's cerebral skills Manning-like? Is Carr the more complete package?

And every team is going to float pick rumors, it's trade bait to make teams below you think they have to trade up. SOP for the next two months.

19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I wouldn't forget about Jimmy Garappolo either.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>MANZIEL – 5’11 and ¾, 207 with 9 7/8 hands.BRIDGEWATER – 6’2 1/8, 214 with 9 ¼ hands.BORTLES – 6’5, 232 with 9 3/8 hands.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/436848547401457664" data-datetime="2014-02-21T13:03:04+00:00">February 21, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>