1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Texans #1 Draft Pick Thread (2.0)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 3, 2014.

?

What should the Texans do with the #1 Pick?

Poll closed May 1, 2014.
  1. Anthony Barr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blake Bortles

0.3%
  3. Teddy Bridgewater

9.4%
  4. Jadeveon Clowney

56.8%
  5. Khalil Mack

1.9%
  6. Johnny Manziel

26.6%
  7. Jake Matthews

1.6%
  8. Greg Robinson

1.0%
  9. Sammy Watkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Undecided

2.3%
  1. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

I hope I can provide some more

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Shouldn't be that surprising. His physical attributes and disruptive nature might remind people of guys like LT, Reggie white, and the like, but his actual game is a DE/LB hybrid which IMO is just what the team needs.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Comparing Jadeveon Clowney To Current Pros

Ian Rapoport on 610, asked why Bridgewater is slipping:

His pro day wasn't good. In the minds of media people, that's probably why. I had a scouting director tell me during the combine, Bridgewater was easily his number one guy. I had a GM tell me he has him in the 2nd round and doesn't like him at all. Polarizing prospect.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I've got this weird feeling it's going to be Johnny. It's time to gamble Texans fans.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

But of course it won't matter if JJ shatters the sack record, because sack count doesn't matter, right?

6. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Whoa very polarizing.

Just polarizing as Manziel

Brandon Marshall says he can make all the throws and his timing and accuracy is Chad Pennington esque. (Elite)

P.S

Very good take in the last thread JR

7. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I've always thought of Clowney as a mix between Demarcus Ware (speed, agility) and Terrell Suggs (power, weight). He just strikes me as blend of those too. I am a big fan of his and will hope that he achieves greater things, but I would be very happy to have that mix of player alongside Watt.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you followed what I was saying. One person's sack count doesn't matter, what matters is disruption. I then said that if Clowney was as disruptive with the Texans as he was in college that Watt would break the sack record....you know, because disruption is what matters.

9. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Would love that

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Got it..i'm just thinking a sack is kinda the ultimate disruption. A literal end to the play, that sometimes leads to a turnover on the play or on the successive play when the opposing team punts. I think a sack is a pretty fair measurement of disruption.

A guy heralded as a once in a generation prospect for pass rush might want to finish a season with more than 3 sacks. But of course when you choose not to play some games and you take plays off...well...I guess that all factors in.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. When you have a beast like Clowney disrupting everything, he may not be the one that gets the sacks, but your team will. Whether Clowney had 20 sacks or 3, the Texans would ultimately be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league in total sacks. Just look at South Carolina last year. Sure, Clowney only had 3 sacks, but South Carolina was a total beast in team sacks in large part due to Clowney's disruptyness.

South Carolina was all the way up to 64th with other stalwarts Pittsburg and BYU. That's Clowney baby.

Disruption is what matters.

12. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Sarcasm?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH....I should have realized that you were intentionally not following along and that you still would be intentionally not following along even after I spelled it out for you.

I'm sure everyone else followed along, so I'll just end this now.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is ignorance.

15. justtxyank

ig·no·rance
    ˈignərəns/
    lack of conformity to the opinion of Bobbythegreat;
    "he showed his ignorance when he disagreed with Bobbythegreat."
    synonyms: intelligence, pleasant, quality posting ability

2 people like this.
  16. justtxyank

46 posts in this thread belong to Bobbythegreat trolling. The next highest is JR who we all know brings the most actual information to a thread at 24.

Think about that for a minute Bobby. Stop trolling.

1 person likes this.
  17. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

McShay's latest Inside mock. 2 rounds this time. Spoilered for size.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are literally the only person here trolling (other than possibly people I have already blocked).

It's funny how people like you who don't contribute anything intelligent to the conversation always post BS like this.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't see Tom Savage being a 2nd round pick

20. justtxyank

Yawn.

You sit around waiting for someone to post something about Manziel or Clowney so you can throw out the exact same things you've already said over and over. Someone says Clowney is good, they are a genius. Someone says Manziel is good, they are smoking crack that day or had a concussion.

Troll. Not because you think Clowney is the best prospect because he just might be, or because you think Manziel sucks because he just might, but because you are the equivalent of the person who has to shout his opinion at everyone until they just get tired of hearing it so they all walk away.