1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Summertime "Random Trade Idea" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, May 5, 2008.

1. rterry

rterry Member

Francis will probably never play again. They aren't so desperate for a pg that they would want him. S&T won't work for FA's, restricted or otherwise.

Atlanta is already loaded at PF, Zaza is a very serviceable backup C and is better than Hayes and nobody wants Head (insert joke here), much less give up a decent draft pick in the deal. Also, with Dorsey we no longer really need Zaza. We have much bigger holes to worry about.

You could probably get away with it, but I don't believe you are supposed to make wink/wink I won't match type deals under the table. I said that one might be the most doable, though. I don't know much about Sessions. I am really high on Landry, what makes Sessions better for the Rockets? (not arguing, just asking).

2. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Are we trying to win now or later? I'm not that big on Rafer but we all saw what he means to this team, and trading him and giving the ball to Brooks will be taking a step back. Any trade involving Rafer better bring us a legit PG or we will pay for it.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

I think you'll find most S&T players are free agents. S&T won't work for players signed with the MLE. GSW hold early bird rights to Azubuike so they don't need to use the MLE to re-sign him.

Woodson and Zaza fell out badly last season. We'll have to disagree about Hayes and Zaza but from Thibodeaux's opinion on Hayes I'm just guessing other teams will value him too. As for Head, the league loves shooter. Despite his unpopularity here he was still one of the Rockets better shooters %-wise among the guards. His 3P shooting in JVG's last season the previous season is also a selling a point to teams looking to take a punt. Re-signing Smith and Childress will probably put them near LT. Head and Hayes two primary starters on a 50+ win team allows to get value by splitting Zaza's salary to fill out their bench.

Sessions is an outright gamble. He put up some great numbers in the last month of regular season this season. He could turn out to be Alston's replacement, he could end up being the worst PG on the roster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4333/gamelog;_ylt=AoGbOM06V.rAq7c5N4wdTuSkvLYF

4. Shay

Shay Member

Stephen Jackson , thats the guy we should be going after.
    He is big , strong athletic , can slash and will slash aggresively to the basket.
    He has no fear in him and he is clutch.
    Perfect off the bench at the 2/3 spot.

GS are looking to get younger and I see both him and All Harrington being traded.

Bobby Jackson , Luther Head and a 2009 1st round pick for Jackson.
    Giving up a 1st won't hurt us so bad beacuse we have Memphis' 2nd rounder which will be a high pick.

after that trade we re-sign Landry and Deke and sign Brent Barry.

Yao/Deke/Dorsey
    Scola/Landry/Hayes
    Battier/Jackson/Greene/Novak
    T-Mac/Barry
    Alson/Brooks/Francis

If Brooks doesn't show enough we still have pieces like Francis , Hayes and Memphis 2009 2nd to get a backup point guard.

5. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

Bulls got Rose and Hinrich is available.He is a perfect PG for Rox!
    Defense ,passing ,and pace.

6. Aemon

Aemon Member

Good idea 睡皮打滚要啊. Now we need to find a way to convince the Bulls to take scrap for him.

7. verti89

verti89 Member

Maggette AND Artest AND Barry...here's how

Maggette AND Artest AND Barry...here's how:

I know this has a .0001% chance of happening but just entertain me...

First we offer Maggette a long term deal with the 1st year being the MLE and the latter years being for more. We could do this because at the end of next season Francis, Jackson, Head (who won't be here if part 2 takes place) have expiring contracts. That is a total of 9.5 mil more we have to work with.

Second we trade Battier, Head, and whatever picks we have to Sacramento for Artest. Artest is a better defender and a much better scorer, but the risk is his attitude. Fortunately its only a 1 year risk.

Third we sign Brent Barry to the Bi-annual exception that we have this year using the legacy of his family as leverage over San Antonio.

Now all of a sudden we have Yao, Scola, Artest, Tmac, and Rafer starting, with Maggette, Tmac, and Artest sharing time. Tmac still gets the most minutes but gets rest too, we can go small against anyone by bumping scola up for yao and putting Mags, Artest, and Tmac in there with rafer. We replace Novack with a better but older Novack. And at the end of the year we should be able to swing a deal with Artest, assuming we want to keep him.

I realize its a stretch but it is possible and we have 1 maybe 2 years left in this tandom. What are your thoughts?

8. cwebbster

cwebbster Member

IBTL........

9. Tornadoofsoul6

Artest + McGrady + Maggette = Logjam..

10. ClutchCityReturns

11. Erichstolz

Erichstolz Member

i doubt maggette wants to share time with tmac. what maggette would get 10-15 minutes a game?? yea right

12. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Member

We could also trade Chuck Hayes for Beasley, their salaries match up.

Then we trade Bobby Jackson and Novak for Brandon Roy.

We give Hakeem the LLE to come back.

13. Laozi

Laozi Member

Yeah but then we'd loose Novak's energy and hustle

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Contracts don't work like that. MLE deals are locked in and cannot be adjusted, otherwise it'd just be too easy to circumvent the cap. The knicks are a bajillion dollars over the cap? No problem! Just sign Maggette to a 1-year MLE deal and give him $15 million next year because Marbury is expiring! Yeah, that can't happen.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

no logjam at all just simply put TMac at point guard because he is our best facilitator, Maggette at the 2 and Artest at SF. This leaves Scola and Yao in the front court. Bench may be weak but who needs one with that starting lineup

16. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

trade tmac for chris paul?

17. Tornadoofsoul6

And watch Devin Harris, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Baron Davis, Monta Ellis, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, and most other point guards constantly blowing past Tmac to the bucket? A 6'8" 223 lbs SG/SF should not be guarding 6'0-6'3 speedy point guards.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Member

Yeah we need someone to wave a towel around the air when we score

19. Laozi

Laozi Member

Dude, don't let facts get in the way of trades

20. Yetti

Yetti Member

I dont care as long as the ball get put into the basket at a higher percentage!! :p