1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Sugarland Murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jul 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I was driving down Oilfield one night and saw a bunch of boulders in one of the ditches just off the road. Thinking that was kind of odd, I slowed down to take a closer look, at which point I realized that the boulders were moving. It ended up being a herd of around a dozen pigs, babies and all.

They had pig traps out behind Elkins when I was there and would catch them periodically. The pigs used to always tear up our fields. That was back when the land around Elkins was considered to be wetlands.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I saw it on channel 26 and thought the same thing. fwiw I think I heard that the girl was having problems with her family.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Member

Maybe she is just insane right now as I can't imagine what she's going through...God bless the family...

4. rocketsinsider

did any of you notice the people around the mother when she was giving those statesments at the church, none of them looked sad, and iam pretty sure i even saw one of them crack a smile.

5. macalu

macalu Member

map please? :D

6. candlegreen

candlegreen Member

It's actually just across from Lake Olympia Blvd. at Highway 6.... It's really not much of a sightseeing spot or anything like that. The name changes to Oilfield after awhile down the other way.

There was all this folklore back then when we were in H.S. about that being a haunted area, where the church was. We used to try to dare people to walk up to that dim lighted area just because it was that freaky.

I wanted to see the reactions. From the MySpace, it's kinda weird on her MySpace how everyone just seems so much better that they got'em instead of mourning the loss. But maybe that's just cuz I don't know her. Maybe if it's someone I know, I might react the same way....

7. Austin70

Austin70 Member

My wife has always said if anyone hurts the kids, they better run. So I can see the pissed off and happy emotion in all of this.

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I'd like to know what the motive was. Where is video of the mom?

9. thadeus

thadeus Member

It's like they found the people who stole her favorite fashion accessory.

p.s.: Dear Yuppies - it's no longer rugged or individualistic to give your daughters masculine/outdoorsy names. It hasn't been rugged or individualistic since the first batch of you stole the idea from more interesting people.

10. thewaterox

thewaterox Member

This is just speculation, but it sounds like these two guys drove this girl back to a secluded area with the intentions of raping her and it escalated into murder. I'm sure the facts of the case will come out later, but it unfortunate that this happened.

11. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

Is that the little church that's about the size of a garage and was like a 100 years old?

Also, anyone from the area remember a story about a haunted coke machine?

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Yep. Never heard of a haunted coke machine though.

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

What, can you see the ghosts of Dr.Pepper and Mr.Pibb?

14. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

It's the white building across the T-intersection that leads to Elkins. Never heard of the haunted coke machine, care to share?

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Haven't ya'll seen Maximum Overdrive?

I haven't seen the clip in question, but two of my co-workers agreed that it was very very odd.

16. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Funny. Two punk 18 year olds killed a girl and dumped her in a dark secluded place and now all of the sudden the place is spooky, and has been haunted for years, and one guy won't go play tennis near there anymore. This is how ghost stories get started.

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Oil Field road doesn't creep me out, but I understand how it could get to some at night. It's basically a little country road surrounded by the suburbs that doesn't have street lights and often gets pretty foggy. The old church seems kind of out of place.

I heard ghost stories about the church five years ago when I was in high school. You're right though, people are just saying the place is spooky because of the recent, albeit unfortunate, events. :rolleyes:

18. candlegreen

candlegreen Member

I actually read some books at Barnes and Nobles before that listed the church as haunted. Yes, it's that 100 year old looking white building in the middle of nowhere. There are houses behind the area since. The tennis courts I play at are close to commonwealth and university area... I just drive through oilfield. Going through there at night is scary mainly cuz of deers and stuff running across the street.

I won't go through the street to play anymore... no way I give up my sports for pretty much anything. Besides, all it tells me is to not drive there at 11PM at nights cuz you never know what kind of people are there.... That's one pretty sick act.

I agree with the assessment that the 2 guys were probably looking for something in the secluded area and it escalated into murder. In this case, one of the guys are probably pretty freaked out as the other knew what he was doing. Either way, i'll leave it at that until more details come out. However, considering that there are no substantial proof of what really happened, the two guys could really change the story around....

19. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

When I was in highschool we use to take little trips past the Hampton House and just walk up to the fence and stand around staring at it. On a night where we visited the house someone told the rest of us about an old coke machine near Sweet Water/oildfield that wasn't plugged in anywhere, but its light used to come on randomly. Stupid I know, but I always remembered that story for some reason.

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I live around the corner from the Hampton house. That place definately used to have ghost stories among the neighborhood kids. One of the heirs moved into the home six months or so ago. I've lived in the neighborhood for 20 years and this is the first time anybody's lived there in that time.

I can't tell you how many people I've seen stopped there looking through the fence at the house over the years. :D