1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I think it is unlikely the guy that pulled out a gun and shot someone in broad daylight for no apparent reason was a law abiding citizen until that point. That is not a pattern I typically see. Usually the people that pull out a concealed weapon and murder someone that is just talking to them have committed numerous other crimes.
    You don't need specialized gun safety training to know it is illegal to pull out your gun and shoot someone in the face. Are you joking? Muscle memory? You think if he had more range time he would not have shot that guy?
    No. You have repeatedly mentioned the guys race (and that he was at Whataburger, for some reason). I assume that because he is the type of person that would pull out a gun for no apparent reason and shoot someone that he acquired the gun illegally, having nothing to do with his race or the restaurant he was near. if it was a half-Asian half-white woman at a Shake Shack, I would still think someone that is standing there talking to someone and suddenly pulls out a gun and shoots them probably has some felonies on their record. That is not the typical behavior of your run of the mill law abiding citizen. Most gun crime is committed with illegally possessed firearms.
    I think you misunderstood the point. People that suddenly murder someone on the street were probably criminals BEFORE they did that.
    The check an FFL does looks for criminal history. Anyone with a felony on their record will fail that background check. It isn't looking for terrorists, it is looking for criminals (and people with certain reported mental health holds).
    National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) — FBI
    The gun show loophole is not a real thing, that is a Democrat talking point. This supposed loophole (which applies everywhere, not just at gun shows) says that a private individual can sell a gun to another private individual without doing a background check assuming the seller is not in the business of selling guns and has no reason to believe the buyer is prohibited from buying guns, nor does he have reason to believe the buyer is making a straw purchase. So, if you want to sell your dad's old shotgun to your friend Larry, you don't have to run a background check on him.
    I only ever say I am not a Republican when people a) claim that I am, and b) are using that as part of their argument. What you are doing is called a Kafka trap, where you make an accusation and the act of denying the accusation is used as proof that the accusation is true. It has no validity.
    I also believe in following science and agree that the 2nd Amendment doesn't say what you think it says.
    Of course it is. I should know, as I have voted for Libertarian Party candidates.
    I live in Californa. Here, a third party vote is basically a vote for a Democrat.
    Don't tell the Communists, the Greens, etc. that. They certainly don't support Republicans.
    I don't care what Tulsi Gabbard does.
    I engage on topics that interest me.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No one is forced to read any post here. I don't have anyone on ignore but frequently scroll past a lot of posts.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ignored posts show up when people respond. Of course it's always the same trolls over and over getting people to bite. If only people didn't bite?

You aren't looking for my compliment but you are one of the best here and I seek your comments.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks I appreciate it.

I'm just saying for me I scroll past a lot of stuff and don't read everything. There is plenty of stuff here that I don't find interesting or even worth reading. I'm not going to say that any posters shouldn't post here. As long as Clutch is fine with it they can post what they want, just don't expect me to read or even respond to it.

IBTL likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The beauty of the ignore feature... you don't see responses, and better still, you don't see new threads posted by people you would otherwise choose to skip past. Much more efficient. And its not determining who can or can't post. But it does cut way down on long threads that devolve into name-calling and offensive language.

IBTL likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Most of the time when I see a response like this
    I openly wonder if the poster seriously expects me
    to go back and check the context of the ongoing back and forth
    in order to figure out if everything is on the up and up
    but at some point you gotta figure
    the train has come off the rails and
    the Alien mothership is on its way.

#1946 No Worries, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    IBTL and VooDooPope like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Unvaccinated Sarah Palin eating at a restaurant in NYC two days after testing positive.

While delaying a court appearance because of said covid

[​IMG]

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

adoo likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

Covid "as ignorant as i want to be" Sarah

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The Kite Runner...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

gotta love the waiter's response about the Palin thing . . . "We are not the border police."

NYC sanctuary city status to Palin's rescue

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Can we talk about the obnoxious level of heat lamps being used here??? You are going to use that much energy for just one table? You don't have a better system for heating a patio?

IBTL likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha apparently some were trying to argue it was ok since she was sitting 'outdoors' and NYC has all this 'outdoor' dining to circumvent the law.

All the while casually overlooking SHES POSITIVE and also using it to delay court. TRASH

I guess I will pose this to you in that besides newt and maybe some I'm forgetting is Sarah palin the real beginning of the scumbag trash era for the repugs?
    She is like the opening act for orange and she started the party ( and derailed ) the party if you will. Ironically blame mccain here even though I think of him a fine man that got bamboozled

dobro1229 likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well the whole point of outdoor dining during Covid is airflow. That patio looks pretty damn closed in. Those space heaters are some of the least energy efficient appliances known to man. Change your air filters and go inside. Greezus.

….

To your other point about Palin:

The beginning of Trumpism started with Nixon, and his Cronies like Roy Cohn, and Roger Stone. FoxNews then came around and brought that to prime time with Bill O’Reilly who worked hand in hand with Newt inside the government.

So really Trumpism has always been there. It’s just prior to Trump it was just a faction of the party where the Mitt Romney/John McCain majority of the party could court their voters and use it to their advantage while staying in their lane as “reasonable” Republicans.

Those days ended with Trump and the nail in the coffin really was when McCain died and Trump was legitimized by Bill Barr. Before Bill Barr nobody was afraid of him in the party. After seizing that level of power in the “right wing deep state” of government, Trump suddenly became the party.

Sorry but that’s just a long winded way of saying no Palin wasn’t a pioneer of Trumpism but it is a valuable lesson in understanding the factions in the party and how they worked with each other (see McCain and Palin) before Trump seized the deep state level of power that truly put him on the map and makes him a true threat to democracy if he’s elected or heaven forbid “installed.”

IBTL likes this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

@tinman

I'm curious what your thoughts are on this. You're on this weird rampage against "wokeness". How does this fit in? Are you cool with book banning because some dumbf***'s think they're p*rn?

dc rock likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

17. NewRoxFan

trump and dan patrick continue the big lie tour...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...endorsing-candidates-to-reinforce-the-big-lie

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't see the ignored posts when they are quoted. I just see a seemingly weird post and then realize they are responding to an ignored poster.

#1958 bobrek, Jan 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    No Worries and NewRoxFan like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Of course she is supporting the republican nomination for president... party before country, even if the party runs a criminal again...

20. NewRoxFan

At Texas rally, Trump all but promised a racially charged civil war if he’s indicted
    https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/donald-trump-rally-conroe-texas-pardons-20220130.html