1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hell yeah

the game theory of bitcoin is undefeatable

bitcoiners will have all the wealth and all the clout, and more voters will inevitably become bitcoiners (you can't argue with the asset appreciation)

so politicians will eventually bend the knee, if not for votes, then to protect their own bitcoin holdings

AZ Senate candidate saying something similar.

It starts at the margins, electing the few bitcoin promoters and defeating the few bitcoin enemies at first. Then capturing the mainstream.

#1342 Commodore, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  3. Commodore

Dems don't need any GOP votes to raise the debt ceiling

4. dmoneybangbang

They don't..... but they did it for Trump anyway.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. Let's spend actual money on building a reserve of something backed only by hype. The US might as well build a strategic reserve of collectable miniatures.

Just because the PRC doesn't like something doesn't mean the US has go all in on it.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. SuraGotMadHops

You called me out so I'll reply, although if I had to guess you will categorize my answer as "flippant bulls***"

I am not going to support a bill that is going to raise my taxes, adversely affect consumer prices, and lead to even more inflation problems. On top of that, the idea that the IRS, which is POWERFUL as all hell, will be weaponized in a way to where middle class people's personal accounts, venmos, and zelle's are going to be subject to even more taxation is just wrong.

There, I said what I said. I know you disagree and I'm not going to debate anybody on this. You asked for my response and I answered.

Go Astros!

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So then you support eliminating the filibuster? You want the Dems to have the power to pass things like a voting rights bill, or a climate bill with only 50 votes?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's your income tax bracket? Or do you get most of your wealth from capital gains.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I don't think that's BS, for whatever its worth. That's a legit position on fiscal issues. We need more of that so the issues can be discussed. It's not tribalism. It's thinking, reasoning and good for the country.

Of less importance: my post was aimed at the republican vote against raising the debt ceiling (the subject of Deckard's original post to which I was responding), whereas yours appears to be a reasoned fiscal discussion about either the infrastructure bill or the Biden BBB bill that's being negotiated among dems. Perhaps you're also not too happy with the republicans who voted against raising the debt ceiling to keep the government functioning.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It won't affect him, he is just mouthing the talking points of the uber rich who it will effect.....unless you make 400k per year.....

DD

IBTL and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Commodore

yes

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

No. Bad. It should never be easier for the government to do anything. The default should be nothing and in extraordinary cases they do something.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

400K is like the 200K 7 years ago which makes it even worse. Until liberals understand why , conservatives will keep winning. It really took someone as stupid as trump for Biden to win

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with what you said, I’ve disagreed with your cult level trump nut hugging but any American should be appalled by what the dems are/have been doing

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look, the rich need to pay their fair share - they pay less proportionally than the poor, yet get the benefits of free society...

People are selfish you are right, the GOP is all about selfish - me first, over society, but as societies mature, and education raises, smart people realize it is better to have everyone succeed - it creates a much better society.

GOP has to gerrymander to win, they can't play fair their ideas lost.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The poor pay net negative tax rates. The rich pay the majority of all taxes. What on earth are you talking about?

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The poor pay 13 percent in payroll taxes. The rich do not since it's capped. I'm all for keeping the brackets at it's current levels as long as we remove the cap on payroll taxes and apply them to capital gains.

#1360 rockbox, Oct 2, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    Rashmon and DaDakota like this.