1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Good for him, I never cared for 95% of the things he did but that man at least had character, all the good moderates seem to be heading for the door these days, I assume because they are tired of the BS from the extremes. After trump made the jab at turtles wife, I actually felt bad for both of them, I hope he sides with his wife and does not endorse trump.......................go enjoy your golden years Mitch....you have earned it

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think there is any universe where Mitch McConnell can be considered a "moderate". Even thinking of using that word to describe him shows how wildly Trump has swung the political pendulum.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Yeah............no. His shenanigans with the Supreme Court and much of everything else he did as Majority Leader earns exactly 0 respect from me. I do appreciate that he finally stopped rolling over to trumpybear but it's too little too late.

Reeko, ElPigto, Agent94 and 2 others like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know most people recognize 2016 - 2020 as the Trump era, but in reality, I felt that at times, Trump was a puppet of what McConnell wanted to do. McConnell recognized the value of federal judges and he made sure to pack the courts during his tenure. He also refused to allow Obama's nomination to go through after Scalia had passed stating that we should wait until the voters decide the next election, which was total horseshit.

So no man, **** him. His **** stain is being felt pretty heavily right now. Women have been one of the biggest losers in this whole ordeal. Our Supreme Court is also heavily conservative which is allowing for "christian values" to infiltrate our society.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except for Trump. He might hold a bible for props, but he's more like a devil in disguise, and they stand behind him. (Kissing his rear)

ElPigto likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just because McConnell wasn’t MAGA does not earn much respect from me either.

His denial of even a vote on Garland while rushing through Barrett’s confirmation was very damaging to the institution of the Senate that he claimed to uphold.

Also his refusal to convict Trump even after Jan 6 led to where the Republican Party is now. A party that he dedicated his life to. It’s fitting he leaves it despised by most of this very party.

DaDakota, Reeko, Phillyrocket and 7 others like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

fox news continues to trot out coach idiot to spout out his disproven positions...

cdastros, ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The Democrats are trying to save our Democratic Republic, while the Republicans are trying to sell our country out to the highest bidder even if it is our sworn enemies.

DD

deb4rockets and ROCKSS like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

11. NewRoxFan

And why is a general in uniform at a political campaign event?

ROCKSS likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

that guys ears are gigantic.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

People are unaware how quick this country can turn into a dictatorship overnight. Trump will fire the fbi director and other law endorsement and hand install these MAGA loyalists. @Nook it'll create a constitutional crisis and the right wing Supreme court will decide the future.

He'll form a private militia made from rednecks in red states that will do his bidding if military refuses. And these @LosPollosHermanos donkeys talk about Trump in some positive light.

You can hate wokism and all the other bs left has but Trump is sincerely a dictator

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Private ... army ... from red states?

Any bets that this private army of true believers will recklessly roundup everybody with brown skin and/or a non-anglo last name, to be put into a detention camp before they are sent back to ... Mexico?

This should scare every US born Latino if they had any sense in their head.

#11114 No Worries, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    ROCKSS, deb4rockets and astros123 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

While wheels sits there looking lovingly at trump like an idiot, trump claims he came up with the phrase "drill baby drill", as if he never heard sara palin say it constantly during the 2008 race (and she stole it from rnc chair Michael Steele).

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  16. astros123

astros123 Member

When those rednecks from Alabama and Montana come knocking on doors looking for brown people you think they care who's legal or not illegal? It'll create a crisis and we'll see mass shootings and civil unrest like we've never seen before.

I genuinely can't wait till some rednecks beats the hell out of @Salvy thinking he's illegal while he cries how much he supports trump

#11116 astros123, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
  17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

According to Trump, Salvy is illegal. His parents were illegal and Trump wants to get rid of birthright citizenship.

Andre0087, astros123 and deb4rockets like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

When I saw him m rolling along side Trump at the border on the news last night I thought about how well he's positioned to actually kiss Trump's butt from where he's sitting.

Agent94, astros123 and ROCKSS like this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

His parents were illegals? Seriously? That Trump lover?

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@Salvy