1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

And the hook is attached to a diamond tensile strength line with the force of a United Launch Alliance rocket pulling opposite direction into the vacuum of empty space. It's just an offensive thought to take in that makes my face cringe. Like why? Why do that?

#1021 London'sBurning, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

But is the thought not the same when someone says, "N-word"? You know what that means. It means the same thing.

3. London'sBurning

Yea I tend to not reference that way either. Sorta like the "C-word". Christ.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Did you libtards even consider that they may have been playing wheel of fortune?

[​IMG]

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

R.Which party is is that believes the election was fraudulent without any evidence?
    D. Which party is it that is fighting for more access to voting and strengthening democracy?
    R.Which party is it that has more members unvaccinated and is allowing the spread of the virus and new variants to arise which harms our economy and puts small businesses in particular at rest?
    D.Which party is it that has gotten more vaccines and helped stopped new variants and helped our economy open up again?
    R. Which party is purposefully trying to enact voting restrictions that target minorities?

Neither party perfect by any means. But one party is far and away better than the other party.

VooDooPope, mdrowe00, Rashmon and 5 others like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No … just stop. Stop.

Using Louis CK to make this point is not really reading the room. He’s not really making sense either because when people on TV or whatever say literally “The N Word” they are almost always referencing something that happened like the other day when that state legislature guy said it to a black woman or talking about what Bill Maher said or talking about Tarantino’s use of the word in him movies by white people etc etc.

Nobody is using the phrase as a contextual replacement like Louise CK is trying to make it seem. Like using the word darn instead of damn or shoot instead of sh$t. That just doesn’t happen when people use the phrase “The N Word.”

There’s a lot of bizarre things that right wingers fuss about not being able to do anymore but not being about to say the N Word is the worlds weirdest hill to die on.

7. StupidMoniker

LOL, did you read the thread. It literally came up in the context of a city council member quoting a mayor. Louie CK also explicitly references "a white lady with nice hair on CNN" using it in the same context you are talking about. No one is trying to say "the N-word" as a slur.

8. London'sBurning

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Councilman using the n-word in a public and televised government meeting and then *claiming* he was quoting the mayor.

10. StupidMoniker

Yes. In fact, this entire thread may not exist and we may all be the imagination of a god in a computer simulation created by an invisible dragon to fool the teapot orbiting the earth exactly on the other side of the moon.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just more shenanigans

12. NewRoxFan

You know... when you are simply wrong, best to admit it and move on. And pro-tip, defending someone who uses the n-word is not the hill to die on.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. StupidMoniker

Am I simply wrong? Do you have evidence the councilman was lying? I would love to see it. So far you have just tossed around accusations of racism, which is meaningless to me. Pro-tip, baseless accusations without evidence are the tactics of the callow and those without integrity or intelligence.

15. NewRoxFan

Yes, you are wrong. Much like the guy you supported (trump) you never admit you are wrong. The use of the n-word in a government building during an official government proceeding is wrong and offensive. You keep trying to excuse it, which again, is wrong. You seem to thing its baseless, but there was a recording of the meeting with the councilman saying it. Then reports where he admitted to saying it, but coming up with the sketchy allegation about "I was just saying what the mayor said" in a private meeting. Much like his sketchy claims that the mayor threatened him (the mayor denies that too).

Calling a black man "boy" is also wrong and offensive... something the councilman also admitted he did.

And read through my original post that reported the incident and subsequent posts (mostly arguing with you). Find the word racist. I simply reported what happened. Again, another example of you being wrong. And you know it... hence you resorted to name calling.

16. London'sBurning

Am I simply wrong? Do you have evidence the councilman is truthful? I would love to see it. So far you've just tossed around accusations of racism, which is meaningless to me. Pro-tip, baseless accusations without evidence are the tactics of the callow and those without integrity or intelligence.

17. StupidMoniker

You are unfortunately wrong again. I supported Rand Paul in the primary and Gary Johnson in the general in 2016, then Amy Klobuchar in the primary and Jo Johnson in the general in 2020.
    I never once claimed he didn't say it. I said he claimed it was a quote of the mayor for which he was calling him out, and that in context that certainly seems to be the case. There was no coming up with a sketchy allegation after the fact, in the meeting he is saying that the mayor called the female councilwoman a house n****r, which again, is specifically an insult that black people use for other black people that they feel are trying to get the approval of white people, and it not generally a slur that white racists use.
    He actually said that he called him a little boy, not that he called him boy. One has racial connotations, the other is an accusation of childishness.
    I never said you used the word racism. I said you tossed around accusations of racism. I (perhaps wrongly, though you did specifically raise the context that the mayor was black) assumed the issue you had with a particular word (two if you throw in boy) was the racial connotation, and not the sound itself of some other factor unrelated to race.
    I would say the very nature of the sentence he uttered is evidence that either the mayor said it previously or he believes the mayor did so. Without that context, the only explanation would be that he was trying to establish a ruse wherein he tried to get people to think that by making an outburst in the middle of a city council meeting. Because I don't have a lot of evidence though, I am not making accusations about anyone. I am not condemning the mayor or promoting a video trying to tar him. All I did was make a comment that, based solely on the words used in the video, the most logical explanation to me was that the councilman was making an accusation against the mayor and quoting what he alleged the mayor said.

#1037 StupidMoniker, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

party of racists, conspiraycy theorists, sore losers, insurrectionists, and anti-vaxxers

mdrowe00, IBTL, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  19. London'sBurning

20. StupidMoniker