1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

There is actual testimony before congress of people that actually work in hospitals in which seemingly viable infants are taken into "comfort rooms" and left wrapped in a blanket until they die. No care is given to the infants to keep them alive. One nurse said she observed a live baby put in a plastic bag and thrown in the trash. Another had the umbilical cord cut but left unclamped so that it would bleed out. Whatever one's views on abortion, certainly these are living, breathing human beings and everything doctors can do to save their lives should be done, shouldn't it?

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you provide a link to the incidences described? Was there investigation done of those incidences or charges filed? Also how frequent have those incidences happened?

DVauthrin likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

And don't forget the project veritas videos... because there are always pv videos as proof...:rolleyes:

6. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

There's no ****ing way StupidMoniker is a lawyer. Get the **** out of here. Then again that Rep that suggested moving the moon was a former judge in Tyler, Texas. Holy **** though. I fear for whoever you have legally represented in court.

#806 London'sBurning, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    DVauthrin and jiggyfly like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

Well, trump worshipped putin, so this makes sense...

astros123 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

BS.

9. StupidMoniker

I can't find video of her committee testimony from 2000/2001.

#809 StupidMoniker, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why do you believe her?

Jill Stanek (born 1956) is an American anti-abortion activist and nurse from Illinois best known for saying "live birth abortions" were being performed at Christ Hospital in the Chicago suburb of Oak Lawn and the premature infants were being left to die in a utility room.[1

Christ Hospital controversy[edit]
    Stanek gained initial prominence in 1999 when she testified that, while she worked at Christ Hospital, infants that survived induced labor abortions were abandoned to die in a utility room.[4][3][2][5][6] These allegations led to a formal investigation by the Illinois Department of Public Health, which stated that the hospital violated no state laws. A Christ Hospital spokesman admitted "that between 10 percent and 20 percent of fetuses with genetic defects that are aborted survive for short periods outside the womb."[7] Shortly thereafter, Advocate Health Care changed its policy on induced labor abortions, barring its use against fetuses with non-lethal developmental issues.[8] Stanek was fired by Christ Hospital in 2001,[6] for allegedly "taking photographs inside the hospital and misrepresenting the hospital on a television program."[2]

At the signing ceremony for the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act in 2002, President George W. Bush named Stanek in his speech, publicly thanking her for being in attendance.[2][9]

Stanek ran for the Republican nomination for the Illinois House of Representatives in 2002, on a pro-life platform,[6][10] but was defeated.[5][11]

Since 2003, Stanek has been a regular columnist for WorldNetDaily[5] and her analysis and opinions are frequently referenced in the context of the abortion issue.[12][13][14][15][16][17]

As of 2017, Stanek was the national campaign chair of the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion organisation.[18]

Criticism of Barack Obama

VooDooPope and DVauthrin like this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Woh, that would be child abuse and murder. Do you have link to investigation and/or prosecution of these cases? I would be very surprised if they were not investigated at the minimum, unless it was found to be not credible.

DVauthrin and jiggyfly like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do they have more than testimony for these claims. It's very easy to avoid perjury as a witness as long as you say something along the lines of "I thought I saw". It's impossible to prove that you intentionally lied or were mistaken.

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Did he just...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. StupidMoniker

I have not seen any evidence that she is not telling the truth. She is essentially describing more graphically the same thing that Gov. Northam was describing when he said the child would be made comfortable and, if the parent so chose, they would try to save the child. The obvious implication being that when the parent didn't so chose, they would not. Do you disbelieve her?
    I don't know if they were ever investigated or prosecuted. The witness described what she had seen and participated in 20 years earlier. Gov. Northam described it more recently as something that was seemingly ongoing.
    I don't think you can avoid perjury if you say, "I went into the utility room where they had put the baby and held him until he died." Either that is true or it isn't, it isn't a claim of hearing about something or thinking you saw something. That she was testifying about something far in the past would make it very difficult to either disprove or corroborate her story.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I read the piece about the witness after my post. I take it with a huge grain of salt.

I think as gov, he has the power to request prosecutors to investigate and should do so given the statement that it is ongoing- if I’m understanding you correctly that the babies are left to die after delivery was the statement. Is he doing that?

#815 Amiga, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    fchowd0311 and DVauthrin like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Wow, combines crazy republicans, florida man, russians, and hawt all in one...

In secret recording, Florida Republican threatens to send Russian-Ukrainian ‘hit squad’ after rival
    “I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America. ... But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done," William Braddock says in the clip.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/17/secret-recording-florida-republican-threat-hit-squad-494976

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Thanks for reinforcing my point. She is recalling something that happened allegedly decades ago. Impossible to prove or disprove or whether she mistakenly recalled inaccurately.

So there was no potential consequence from the witness if they straight up lied.

So I'll ask again. Anything beyond the testimony?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Have you seen any evidence that she is telling the truth?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not Guilty.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Ya. For a an alleged lawyer @StupidMoniker doesn't understand basic concepts such as the onus is on the claimant to prove their claim rather than the other way around.

jiggyfly likes this.