1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Ladies and gentleman... the show must go on...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

CNN needs to completely stop airing that narcissistic pig. He doesn't deserve any attention. The man should be charged and convicted already of a multitude of crimes.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

This is the true state of the republican party. Their overwhelming preference for candidate for President just was found liable for sexually assaulted a woman, and when that candidate demeans her on a televised town hall they laugh and cheer.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

If CNN and other "liberal" news sources stopped putting Trump on he and his supporters would claim that it was the Liberal Media silencing them. D&D would be full of more post crying "CENSORSHIP!"

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, well, who cares what Trump lovers want. All he does is spurt out like after lie after lie. He doesn't deserve a platform to utter his garbage. Let Fox do it. They are trash news.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

You have to have a sick mindset to laugh and make fun of a woman who was sexually assaulted. You have to have an even sicker mindset to cheer on and support the abuser.

She should file another lawsuit today. As long as he keeps demeaning her and lying she should hold his sorry a** accountable. He scoffs at the law. He always has, and he always will.

No Worries likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

I get it and I was on the fence about this. I wasn't sure how I felt about CNN having trump on, but what it did do is show more Americans (outside of maga) just what a narcissist this guy is. I thought Kaitlen Collins did a good job of trying to keep him in the rails but as we all know its not possible, the dude lies as easy as he breathes, its second nature to him. Maybe it changes a few swing voters to the left but as we have all seen, this will not change his base...........the dude just got found guilty of sexual assault and is on the hook for $5 million which I am sure his base will pay for thru new merch. From here to the election if you were on team trump this will not sway you nor will any of the lawsuits that are coming down the pike. I will say this, I would rather take on trump in 2024, the silent part is being yelled from the rooftops now so Amercians need to pick a side, do you want a lying grifter as your president or do you want Biden. I will sya this, if trump gets back in the white house, he will burn it down

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. hooroo

hooroo Member

Fake Christians

No Worries and astros123 like this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Absolutely, since when do Christians mock and laugh at a woman who just proved that the ex prez sexually assaulted her..........fake ass Christians

No Worries likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

One of the republicans leading voices shares this morning...

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Further evidence of the state of the GOP...

Texas Rep. Bryan Slaton expelled over ironic groomer allegations

Congratulations are in order for the now-former Texas state Rep. Bryan Slaton, a Republican who just became the perfect face of his party’s purported crusade against “groomers.”

And by perfect, I mean perfectly hypocritical.

The Texas House of Representatives voted unanimously on Tuesday to expel Slaton, who’s 45 years old, over allegations of sexual misconduct with a 19-year-old staffer. Slaton preempted his expulsion by stepping down from his position on Monday. In his resignation letter to Gov. Greg Abbott, Slaton made no reference to the allegations, which were laid out in a detailed report from Texas House investigators that called for his expulsion.

Nonetheless, the unanimous vote to give him the boot indicates the Texas representative had run out of helpful allies. Even the Texas Freedom Caucus, which is normally aligned with Slaton on policy, called for his expulsion after the report dropped.

What makes this moment so rich is that Slaton has led some of the Texas GOP’s attacks on LGBTQ-inclusive practices, which many Republicans these days baselessly characterize as “grooming.” Slaton, for example, introduced a bill seeking to ban minors from viewing drag performances, which he claimed was necessary to protect youths from “perverted adults.”

But the Texas House report detailing the Slaton allegations suggests he's the one engaging in manipulation for his sex. Or, put another way: behaving like a so-called groomer.

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

He's 100% right. The newsmedia ecosystem is desperate for more Trump. He brings them revenue. It's a perverse relationship.

15. adoo

adoo Member

In an interview with Birmingham-based radio station WBHM, Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala. criticized the state of the military and said Democrats were to blame.

"We are losing in the military — so fast — our readiness in terms of recruitment,"
    said Tuberville, a member of the Armed Services Committee. "And why? I can tell you why.
    Because the Democrats are attacking our military, saying we need to get out the white extremists,
    the white nationalists, people that don’t believe in [President Joe Biden's] agenda."

Asked whether he believed white nationalists should be allowed in the military, Tuberville said: “They call them that. I call them Americans.”

16. adoo

adoo Member

At the Pentagon, high-level officer nominations continue to stack up as first-term Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) continues his lonely hold, halting all high-level military promotions over concerns that military policies ensuring service members' access to reproductive care may potentially facilitate abortions.

From Secretary of Defense Austin,

Military promotions are usually done expeditiously and rarely require floor time. The pending military assignments include multiple senior positions in the Indo-Pacific, Middle East and NATO, and notably feature the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Austin also warned the pileup could “multiply” and affect the chiefs of the Army, Navy and Marine Corps.

“The effects are cumulative, and it will affect families,” Austin continued. “It’s a powerful effect and will impact on our readiness.”

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I lodge a lonely hold
    The only wad that I have now to blow
    Won't allow a vote,
    On advancement, but I hold alone

Navy and Marines
    Army too, I will stall their Dreams
    Even the joint chiefs
    No promotions, and I hold alone

I hold alone, I hold alone
    I hold alone, I hold a-

McCarthy, the only one that stands beside me
    My shallow base the only vote supporting
    Sometimes, I wish we didn't have elections
    'Til then, I hold alone

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
    Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

I'm holding back the crop
    admirals and generals at the top
    I will go on Fox
    Told I rock, and so I hold alone

Snort a couple lines
    get ****ed up, and flex my senate might
    Check my polling signs
    Alabama so I'm fine, and I hold alone

I hold alone, I hold alone
    I hold alone, I hold a-

'Til then, I hold alone

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah
    Ah-ah, ah-ah, I walk alone, I walk a-

Navy and Marines
    Army too, I will stall their Dreams
    Even the joint chiefs
    No promotions, and I hold a-

'Til then, I hold alone

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why that lying criminal hasn't been charged yet for the whole coup or the stolen documents, or all the other crimes he's been under investigation for. It's such a rigged system for people like him. I honestly didn't watch that town hall meeting. I can't stomach watching Trump lie his a*s off and brag about himself. I saw a clip on ABC news tonight and saw how that Putin lover refused to say anything against his puppet master.

ROCKSS likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Liberals are upset with Biden because he didn’t loosen immigration laws.

Meanwhile the asshat republicans.

FranchiseBlade likes this.