1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Heh.

...they must still think that self-deportation is still a thing.;)

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank God the White Christian Nationalist isn't imposing his beliefs into laws like DeSantis and Abbott.

#7123 deb4rockets, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

In other non-surprising GOP news indicative of the cancerous blight within their collective souls...

'Don't Say Gay' lawmaker pleads guilty to COVID relief fraud
    [​IMG]
    FILE - Florida state Rep. Joe Harding listens during a Local Administration and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee hearing in a legislative session on Jan. 13, 2022, in Tallahassee, Fla. Harding has been indicted for defrauding a loan program offered by the federal government to help small businesses during the coronavirus pandemic, officials said Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2022. (AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack, File) (ASSOCIATED PRESS)
    Associated Press
    Tue, March 21, 2023 at 5:48 PM CDT·1 min read

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The former Florida lawmaker who sponsored the controversial law critics call “Don’t Say Gay” pleaded guilty Tuesday to committing $150,000 in COVID-19 relief fraud.

Joseph Harding, a 35-year-old Republican, pleaded guilty in Gainesville federal court to wire fraud, money laundering, and making false statements in connection with COVID-19 relief fraud, according to court records. He faces up to 35 years in prison at a hearing scheduled for July 25.

Harding resigned from the Florida House in December, a day after federal prosecutors announced his indictment.

According to court documents, Harding made false statements to the Small Business Administration while applying for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan for one of his dormant business entities. After obtaining $150,000 in COVID-19 relief funds, prosecutors said Harding conducted three monetary transactions, each involving more than $10,000 in fraudulently obtained funds: a transfer to his joint bank account, a payment to his credit card, and a transfer into a bank account of a third-party business entity.

The Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program is designed to provide economic relief to small businesses that are experiencing a temporary loss of revenue.

Harding became nationally known last year over his sponsorship of a law that forbids instruction on sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, as well as material that is not deemed age appropriate.

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Seriously? Millions? Because of braces? LMAO

Not only that, she was concerned that Americans only own 40% of the guns in the world and said we need to get our numbers up. The only numbers we need to get up are the Democrats replacing these nutjobs!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Seriously? Millions? Because of braces? LMAO

Not only that, she was concerned that Americans only own 40% of the guns in the world and said we need to get our numbers up. The only numbers we need to get up are the Democrats. These nutjobs need to get out!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

She's trying to be hyperbolic and sarcastic in that dullard tone-deaf synthetic way GOP types have because they understand the concept of humor but don't really understand what funny is.

I bet she says SYKE!, AS IF! and NOT! a lot.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. Xerobull

Not a surprise, not even funny anymore. I would be more shocked if a GOP politician was actually honest....and now that I think about it, I don't even think that's possible according to the laws of physics.

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  11. Xerobull

Pathetic. You can tell the lie about the 'women want to be raped' is coming when he brushes his nose.

12. Xerobull

Lol, ok, that's funny.

mdrowe00, dobro1229 and deb4rockets like this.
  13. Xerobull

Well, thanks, Deb. I hit my limit for one daily dry-heave. Wtf am I supposed to do with the rest of my day?

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

It is a joke about a meme.
    BoatingAccidents.png
    Instead of turning in their now illegal guns to the ATF, people will claim the guns were "lost in a boating accident".

JuanValdez and Xopher like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ah so another persecution complex aspect of white right wing fascist ideology.

mdrowe00 and VooDooPope like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanks for the explanation. Also, can't you take a brace off of the gun instead of surrendering the whole gun?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can't generate a persecution meme

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Oh good, MTG is leading a group to the capital jail tomorrow to show off the "political prisoners".......this is such a joke, she is the same person who said DJT didn't commit any crimes, she is one big "show" with little to no content. I wonder what prearranged gimmick they will show....maybe they can visit the horned dude or one of the other insurrectionists who also plead guilty and blame trump for being "called to action" :rolleyes: Load up the clown car

The Georgia Rep. has long campaigned for those imprisoned for their role in the January 6 insurrection. She has made it clear she views them as political prisoners and has suggested they are facing overly harsh conditions in jail while awaiting trial.

Earlier this month, reports emerged that Greene was working with House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-KY) to arrange a trip to the DC jail to meet with defendants and staff.

Greene said at the time, “We’re going to be addressing the human rights abuse, such as the fact that they’ve been held in solitary confinement up to 23 hours a day, denied the ability to see their families.”

Who will be joining Greene on her jail tour remains unclear. Rep. Clay Higgins (South Carolina) co-signed a letter Greene and Comer sent to DC Mayor Murial Bowser raising the issue. Rep. Lauren Boebert indicated during a recent speech that she would be joining Greene.

more at the linkhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...p&cvid=ade6aef7a20b4f63b4f33c0f45a7540e&ei=11

astros123 likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

For those keeping score at home, MGT has visited the capital jail, while Trump has not.

Of course Trump might not want to visit the jail in case someone comes up to him and says ... "Hey, you are just the person that we have been looking for ..."

#7139 No Worries, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Meth heads have the same rights as Doctors.

DD