1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was watching some of the highlights of Trump speaking at Diamond's funeral. While it makes great fodder for late comedians it's a further indication of how hollow the Republican party and the Conservative movement is. You had a woman and her sister who dedicated so much of their recent lives to a man and a movement who makes a mockery of her funeral. Even to the point of claiming to not know Silk very well.

Diamond and Silk did make money and fame off of their support of Turmp but it's fitting then that the grifter honors her memory by talking about himself and grifting more.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Breaking...

Giuliani Praises George Santos: “The G.O.P. Must Pass the Torch to a New Generation of Liars”
    By Andy Borowitz January 23, 2023
    [​IMG]
    The Borowitz Report

Offering his full-throated support for Representative George Santos, Rudolph Giuliani said that “it’s time for Republicans to pass the torch to a new generation of liars.”

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's astonishing that a YouTube grifter could have a former president speak at her funeral. It's also poetic, as you said, that he used the opportunity to self-promote.

It'll never stop blowing my mind that so many people found common cause with a stupid Sharper Image salesman.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

The latest Gaetz thing sounds absurd but I can't tell if it's fake news or not anymore.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fascinating. Cell phones are adult pacifiers.

6. Xerobull

Context?

Dustin Diamond aka Screech?

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

He was cited when the incident happened (back in 2019). (1) Suspect Out on Bail from December Standoff Goes on Viral Political Tirade, Prosecutors Say - YouTube At least, that is what the discription of this video says. I'm glad we have someone to track down a guy that was yelling at people in Milwaukee four years ago.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

word on the street that Matt Gaetz has been having an affair with a male staffer getting his booty stuffed at work on a consistent basis

if ultimately shown to be true, it just shows once again that many of these republicans are a part of the LGBTQ community they hate so much

u can’t tell me Martin Taylor Greene isn’t trans

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Gaetz is the number one critic of intel agencies and DOJ, so naturally they will come back at him hard.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Matt Gaetz also has a close associate who has been convicted of sex trafficking and Gaetz was in a relationship with a 17 year old also. Gaetz's criticism fot he DOJ is pretty self-serving.

13. Xerobull

Got it. Two nobodies from deep in Trumpworld. RIP, lady.

14. Xerobull

Of course he is. He's a criminal.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Commodore

drawing this conclusion based on nothing more than leaks from anonymous government officials is exactly what they intended

16. astros123

astros123 Member

The crazy thing about MAGA world is these clowns forget that trump literally fired comey and hand selected Wray to overtake him. If the fbi is corrupted is because you clowns selected its leader FFS.

Trump claims he only hires the best but somehow all his picks become frauds and Maga world suddenly forgive him. Idiots

17. Commodore

even Trump's biggest supporters would not accuse him of hiring the best

18. astros123

astros123 Member

Yeah but when your argument is the fbi is weaponized against Trump and TRUMP SELECTED AND INSTALLED the current fbi head then what the hell is the point of voting for him? Trumps talking point is, "the current fbi chief is corrupt and against me so you should vote for me again so I can replace him even though he's the person I selected?"

Do you realize how utterly stupid this is? Imagine the rockets owner firing the gm and installing another GM then blaming that gm for being bad WHEN YOU SELECTED HIM!!!! Where's the responsibility?!

If biden had nominated Wrap and trump asked folks to vote for him to clean up the fbi then it makes a little sense. Trump FIRED comey and installed his OWN FBI head and now he's crying its rigged against him.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. edwardc

edwardc Member

20. Commodore

exactly, DeSantis 2024