1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's very scary. I hope it makes you re-think some of those dress rehearsal moments I was referring to last year with the ways the Republicans can do some crazy things to take power, especially with the 12th amendment that Constitutionally just blows up our Democracy once and for all... and it would be Constitutional to a certain extent. I don't want to freak people out, but our Democracy is seriously in danger.

That being said, Trump at the top of the ticket will full control of the party at full QAnon/Proud Boy mode, should actually really help the Dems hold the House and Senate, and the presidency in 2024. The only real issue I see if narrowly losing the House and maybe the Senate too in 2022 due to Gerrymandering, and voter suppression State efforts. Then with the GOP in total control of certifying the election, it's a very scary proposition that winning the election at that point wouldn't really even matter if the GOP holds all of Congress, and can get the presidential vote in the House under the 12th amendment.

The Biden admin, DOJ, and FBI better be on high alert, and don't for a minute assume like Obama did that you'll get any sort of credit by not calling out efforts to un-democratically gain power using whatever efforts, legal or illegal, that Trump will try and use.

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm almost "almost" embarrassed for Cruz.

That's a lot of self ownage and Cruz lives in the equivalent of a country club as well.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not gonna lie it gives me pause but I don't think it's a winning strategy even with the flip flop of turtle that just shows its lip service for the most part on the Trump support, I don't believe they can win like this just to many Republicans don't like this.

I will say that democrats cannot become complacent and not turn out because that 35% is real, they have to continue to campaign on stuff like this.

I also still think the other shoe has not dropped on trump about his illegal dealings.

Somebody is gonna drop a huge dime on him.

deb4rockets and dobro1229 like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't imagine Trump surviving another primary season and election without exposing his growing dementia (keeping MTGs of the world normalizes that behavior??) but if that were to happen, I imagine Ivanka will be his running mate

For whatever reason, Trump is their new Reagan that they'll put all their chips on and rally upon when the stock bubble he helped create bursts.

It'll be an epic role reversal much like George Dub**** "he kept us safe" Bush.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree. It's basically the Democrats to lose at this point, but never discount the Democrats ability to lose an election they should have easily won.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Every action Republicans have done over the last six years is hinged upon "their world" or way of life going to **** and allowing "their people" (mostly the uber wealthy) to cut in front of line to plunder everything ...all while making the world even shittier so that it's hard for the opposition party to govern.

It's a race to the bottom for the Party of No. The party that allows Know Nothings to Destroy The Beast and for that to pass as Good "at least he tried" Leadership.

"Tried" to what...Tear down the government with regressively wishful "back to the 50s" social policies? Or is it the dangerously anarchistic No Government Gudder libertarian ideals that allows incompetence and cancerous infection to pass as a bona fide?

• Explosion of National Debt and decrease in revenues during boom cycle
    • Cutting off funding for sustainable industries that pays for itself in exchange for dead end tech that profits it's already rich land owners
    • Destabilizing the world order Americans put in place for over half a century while maintaining a safe haven for past adversaries and sanctioned states
    • Outright appeasement of known white supremacist movements and uprisings

#50 Invisible Fan, Feb 26, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been seeing this a lot that in many ways the Republican party either can't or won't define what they truly stand for except against Democrats and the Left.

This is why I've long been saying they've abandoned principles.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Ted Cruz was also the guy who took his family to Cancun on short notice and his wife considered $329 a night hotel stay cheap.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I was listening to Joe Scaraborough this morning and his take is that McConnell and most Congressional Republicans believe Trump has no shot at running for President again. That Trump is likely going to be consumed in legal troubles both criminally and civilly that will keep him out of playing a major role. For McConnell he's venal enough to play nice with Trump to keep his supporters while not considering he will be back in power.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is the CPAC stage the shape of a Nazi icon?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

London'sBurning, T_Man, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I saw some clips. Some legit dystopian nightmare ****. It would be funny if tens of millions of Americans didn't support it. This country is 200% ****ed can't wait till I'm out.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they all end up busted for felonies.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She and JR are the perfect couple.

18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

It’s a convention of **** suckers sucking ****. It’s not a surprise or a shock and I’m starting to wonder, as of others have said, if giving attention to the **** sucking is just feeding the **** sucking beast that’s sucking of all these cocks.

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

reminder, gosar's family tried to warn voters about him...

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

where you headed?