1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Those ol biddies have that stereotypical honest to goodness Middle America vibe that was exhaulted Up until the early 90s.

I don't think they'd be as half angry if:
    1. Pension funds and rust belt jerbs weren't drying up, if not already
    2. Younger smarter folks fled to cities or coastal areas with immigrants filling up the cracks
    3. Fox news streaming nationally into their homes describing why it happened, with their patented brand of not-news-entertainment-only coverage that wins lawsuits filed against them.

ROCKSS, Andre0087 and Reeko like this.
  2. Xopher

Xopher Member

So your parents came here ILLEGALY and applied for asylum. The same thing the people people who DeSantis shipped off did...

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like one of those....."It's ok if it's my family but not yours" philosophies.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

also known as a hypocrite

jiggyfly, Xopher, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Civil War.... My Parents did not just cross the country because Joe Biden said it was ok and that an attorney would be waiting for them at the border....
    They fled because there was an extremely violent war going on at the time. It was totally different time and situation in this country.

To be clear, I am not against immigration. But you guys love to focus on a particular opinion and then shape it to fit your narrative. This is where most of the things conservatives are accused of come from. From the hivemind that pretty much just blatantly lies to the world, to each other and then carry on living with it as a truth.

Because I disagree with the governments awful and irresponsible actions at the border does not make me racist and or a hypocrite. It does not make me a believer of rules for thee but not for me.

Immigration is important to any country, it is fundamental towards growth. It is fundamental towards success. Its one of the reasons why America has been the greatest country for long. While legal immigration is preferred and ideal, illegal immigration is unavoidable and also as impactful. When people see a great country people will gravitate towards it. Immigration also does not make the country, immigration is a product of a great country and immigration can fuel it towards greater heights.

So what's the problem? The problem is when government and their supporters are too naïve or too stupid to understand that immigration is a double edge sword. While it can strengthen a country, bad laws and lawmakers can cause an influx of immigration that no longer strengthens the country but holds it back. When you have a border crisis with millions of people pouring into a country this is no longer okay, along with the people seeking to better their lives due to poverty and crime in their countries you have criminals alongside them seeking new grounds to corrupt and destroy. Crime in certain areas of our country rise, so does poverty and housing becomes more and more limited. Not even this country can handle the millions of people crossing over.

Because Biden and co have failed to secure our borders and actually fueled the multitudes of people heading here does not make me a racist. It makes the president incompetent. Because I disagree with mass illegal immigration to this country does not make me hypocrite. My parents got in so the rest of the world should too? That's just plain stupidity to think that way. There has to be order, there has to be laws. There has to be a system in place. When there is none all we have is chaos.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You don't think any of these other immigrants seeking asylum, some of whom walked thousands of miles on foot were don't to escape violence in their home country?

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

no he doesn’t

Nook, mdrowe00, subtomic and 4 others like this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hence the word hypocrite.
    When it's his parents it's fine for them to seek asylum due to a nasty war. For other folks not so much.

U figured he would have more empathy for illegal immigrants since his parents were basically in a similar situation but nah, apparently his parents situation were more "unique"

#5108 DatRocketFan, Sep 25, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  9. Salvy

Salvy Member

How many people live in crime riddled countries? We simply cannot take them all in, it would destroy this country. And guess what? The criminals in those countries also want in if there are open borders... I'm not saying those people trying to find a better situation and future don't deserve it. I'm saying we are not prepared to take millions and millions of people in alongside the criminals also heading over to this country to find better hmm opportunity.

MS13, one of the most ruthless gangs in the world did not start out in El Salvador. Although of Salvadorian origin it started out in L.A...

We have to gain control of our borders first before we think about how we can help asylum seekers and people looking to integrate not just immigrate. The border crisis has to end. Its not a matter of hopefully, its a must. We are going to have to wait two more years before it ends thou.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Just like everything else, you stick to your safe zone... You just don't care about opinions or perspectives. You don't care... Sure, call me whatever you want. I've stated my support over immigration. I however reject the incompetency shown by Biden to handle a border a crisis. So that's why I don't want others to have the same opportunity my parents had? Stick to your narrative, its safe and you don't have to challenge any propaganda you already bought, consumed and consider truth...

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

You don't want illegal immigrants in our country. Your parents were illegal immigrants who came into the US seeking asylum. They already breached the US border and then applied for residency. But oh no folks who are doing the same thing, no way Jose that's wrong.

Laws needs to b created to prevent that, but my (salvy) family could ignore it while others have to follow a strict process. Sounds like a hypocrite to me.

My own parents have to go through proper paperwork and years of delay for the paperwork to get approved while waiting in their own home country before coming to the US, u don't see me btching about illegal immigrants and your folks entering the country illegally and seeking asylum.

#5111 DatRocketFan, Sep 25, 2022
    jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL, the hypocrisy is astounding…this is why u just can’t take these people seriously

look at the all the twisting and turning to try and justify it too

the United States should’ve deported his illegal immigrant parents…keep that same energy

ROCKSS and Andre0087 like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Maybe words aren't doing your explanation justice. It seems like if your parents arrived during Trump, they'd get the shitcan by Conservatives with a one-way ticket to purgatory and the eventual boot back home.

Tell me there's more to it, and it's not about being a self-centered Con who's fine with breaking rules in Special Cases but also happens to get yours along the way.

Honest question, do you agree with the stunt de santis pulled here even if it could've been your parents being used as props and folks like Tucker glossing over the details in order to get to the Juicy Ownage?

There were plenty of ways to communicate the same point without using asylum speakers, Just didn't care, nor have any of the people who are cheering it on.

I'm fine with beefing up our borders...like spending real money on it while not pretending everything is fine. We should also relax visa policy with means testing. During Trump, we were deporting college grads and IT wokrers because visas were either drying up or not being renewed. This is actually a pro-business argument since we need more workers to prop up our min wage service economy and support boomers when they dip into entitlements.

#5113 Invisible Fan, Sep 25, 2022
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Nah nah his parents were escaping a special war that only impacted his family. They deserve to b here while these folks, the ones right now trying to escape wars of their own got to go through the proper procedures.

There needs to b more laws for those folks but salvys parents are special bc they are his parents

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is saying take them all in. They are allowed to apply for asylum. That doesn't mean they will be accepted.

It isn't because the countries are crime-ridden that causes them to risk their lives walking hundreds and thousands of miles to take a chance here. It is because they face the exact same kind of threat from political violence you mentioned in regards to your parents.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Let’s talk one of the actual worst Presidents ever: George W Bush who presided over two separate recessions including the worst economic downturn in the US since the Great Depression. Not to mention 9/11.

One of the most overlooked worst laws ever was the Medicare Part D act of 2003. It was a complete giveaway to Big Pharma since no cost caps were put in place despite the negotiating power and economies of scale of Medicare. This also created the donut hole issue. State Medicaid systems were getting better drug prices despite being much smaller. The law was passed along party lines and billions of our tax dollars were now being funneled to Big Pharma for whatever they wanted to charge.

Fast forward to 2022 and the Inflation Reduction Act passes along party lines again requiring that if Medicare drug prices increase faster than inflation then Pharma will have to rebate the costs back to Medicare as well as direct negotiation of many drugs.

In addition it caps out of pocket costs for drugs on Seniors as well as a host of other benefits.

Biden and the Democrats undid one of the most heinous tax giveaways in our nations history and lowered out of pocket costs for Seniors yet he’s the worst President ever?

Oh and of course the Republicans are wanting to overturn it since I’m sure the Big Pharma lobbyists are threatening to pull their money.

You should pay attention to the laws being passed and who is actually voting for what helps and hurts people. Turn off your Fox News Border Crisis echo chamber for once.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

his illegal immigrant parents would literally be the ones being referred to as the rapists, murderers, and pedophiles crossing our borders to try and steal all our jobs by the republican party

these MAGA clowns really have no shame with their blatant hypocrisy

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people DeSantis moved across country were Venezualans. It's funny how those on the Right will go on and on about how bad Venezuala is under Maduro but these are the example they use of people who are invading our border.

Yes the hypocrisy of many is what is so sad with this situation. Nearly every generation of immigrants there have been many of their children who say the same thing, we can't let all these people over because they are causing crime and poverty.. The same thing was said about Gerrman immigrants in the 1810's. Then the Irish. Then the Polish, Then the Italians and so on. The US has been able to handle those waves of immigrants and has been enriched by them.

The native born population of the US is declining and we have for the most part been at full employment the last decade with shortages of workers in many sectors. The country not only can handle much more immigrants it needs more immigrants.

Nook, jiggyfly, Xopher and 3 others like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

20. Reeko

Reeko Member