1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Today, the turtle said this...

I am old enough to remember when he said...

NotInMyHouse and adoo like this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Delete

B-Bob likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does McConnell really believe that the much of the party will forget what he said on the floor of the Senate? I guess then again they seem to have forgotten when Graham called Trump a kook and Cruz said he would destroy the party.

The sad thing about this is that McConnell, Cruz, and Graham know how much harm Trump and his movement is doing but they are too craven to firmly and consistently stand up to it.

The state of the Republican party is Trumpist and cowards.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't there something in the Bible about a Golden Calf?

FranchiseBlade and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

They'll find out in 2022 and 2024 it was not stolen. Maybe then they'll move on after that but I suspect that they'll just make more excuses

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm confused. you surveyed 1000 people and your results have a variance on if they'd leave or not. Sounds like a yes and no answer that should give you a single percentage answer.

BTW Trump votes <> All republicans

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

These cattle will still believe that it was stolen 45 and his sheep will keep saying it till the end.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's during these odd times I wish the Christian god was real.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This was whoa moment for me.

Trump just big dicked him, I did not see turtle rolling over and surrendering.

Just when I think I cannot be more surprised at these people but I am happy there is no way they take back the House in 2022 with Trump leading the charge of the trump clones.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

CPAC is one giant convention for conservatives to trigger people they don't like. Imagine your ideology on how a society should be ran is fueled purrly by owning the other side rather than creating a event for the purposes of discussing actual policy positions and how to benefit common Americans. It's sad.

Like this is obviously all meant to "trigger the libs". It's so sad they have to create an entire convention for it.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My guess is there was serious strong arming going on to replace him as Senate minority leader. That call probably came from both the Mercers, the Kochs, and from a Trump person who told him he's out if he doesn't roll over. The donor money both big and small is what controls every single thing McConnell does in his role. The Billionaire right wing donors, and the Trump small donor marketing machine will control every single Republican from here on out.

This party is toast. It is 100% Trump's party. January 6th had the adverse affect of actually helping Trump codify the party because now 99% of the money that fuels the Republican party is coming either from Trumps small donor marketing machine, or the handful of nutjob right wing billionaires in industries that don't have a general public facing image to keep up with. The corporate donors that left the party after January 6th now have no say in keeping someone like Mitch McConnell in his role for the sole purpose of lining the pockets of billionaires. Now instead of serving just Billionaires, they only really serve Trumpism.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That statue needs a hamburder.

Shoney’s Bigly Boy.

rocketsjudoka and jiggyfly like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah that's what I think as well but that means McConnell made a serious miscalculation and that's something he does not do, that's what made me go whoa.

How the hell does ****ing Trump have that kind of sway.

It's actually really kind of scary.

dobro1229 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You nailed it.