1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I don’t like Kavanaugh at all, but it just doesn’t make any sense that so many tips could be credible. This kind of thing just fuels the fake news folks.

Here is a National Review article - https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...hack-job-in-the-world-called-into-that-thing/

there was a summary of all 4,500 tips in the FBI’s report, which was available to all 100 U.S. senators.

“Every whack-job in the world called in to that thing. That’s why there were 4,500 [tips],” says Davis. “Grassley’s team went through the entire tip-line. It was nonsense.”

A Republican senator who reviewed the FBI’s report confirms Davis’s description of the tip-line summary. “There was nothing in there . . . nothing anywhere providing a shred of corroboration” of an existing allegation or a new allegation, the senator tells National Review.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. That was called for by one member. I mentioned the Democrats had outliers.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reagan also was very much for immigration and his farewell speech was dedicated to immigrants. Even in the 1980's there was a Nativist streak already in the Republican party and Reagan spoke out against that and even signed the last major bill that gave a pathway of citizenship to millions of undocomented immigrants. What many have derisively called "Amnesty."

Reagan while being known for making the GOP party of Tax Cuts effectively raised tax rates when he agreed to the 1986 budget.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I still don't understand how it's impossible for the FBI to receive that amount of tips?

How does that make them look bad?

What am I missing here?

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The sheer number of tips might make some people skeptical about how truthful the tipsters really are and whether these tips are being manufactured by a political campaign against Kavanaugh. That's how I understood it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't you know the GOP voted no on capping insulin prices, lowering prescription drugs for seniors, healthcare for veterans from burn pits, lowering insurance premiums, etc..

They don't care. Thank God we have Democrats who do!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I can believe that.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

the father of the modern Republican Party, before Trump,

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

in 1986, Reagan signed a bill making any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982,

gainfully employed, as well as having
    paid all taxes due and committed no crime,
    eligible for amnesty.

~2.9 million undocumented residents came forward and applied for amnesty​

#3289 adoo, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, after reflection I realize that is a hell of a lot of tips even my point was that those were not all tips on individual incidents but even then that's a hell of a lot of tips.

I get what you meant now @bobrek

durvasa likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fear and Bullshit, bullshit and fear....come on GOP, where are your policies?

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. DaDakota

jiggyfly and cdastros like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. DaDakota

quikkag and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

They are making fun of the watering down of the term domestic terrorist to include people that attend school board meetings, stand outside the US Capitol and yell stuff, tweet, etc. Happy to clear that up for you.

basso likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not really clear?

Seems to me this referring to the 840 conservatives so far who have been charged in 1-6 attacks?

Occam's razor etc.

I mean why would you think it's anything different lol?

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Because not all the people at CPAC were at 1/6, but the sign says we are all domestic terrorists? The fact that there were recent stories about people at school board meetings being labelled domestic terrorists? That Project Veritas leaked an FBI training document indicating that things like the Gadsden Flag (which is not unpopular at a place like CPAC) is a warning sign of Militia Violent Extremism. Probably includes January 6 people too as those they believe are wrongly labelled domestic terrorists, even people who never fought any cops or set foot in the Capitol. Somehow that all seems more likely than that they really all believe they are actual terrorists and want to proudly proclaim it so.

18. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

It bears emphasizing that Manaforts admission is that the 2016 campaign he managed colluded with Russian oligarchs who carry out Putin's directives. Anyone who claims there was no cooperation between Russians and the 2016 trump campaign is thoroughly obtuse.

19. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

If you are claiming that unless one participated in the Jan 6 attempt to overthrow the elected government, they are not a domestic terrorist, your argument is utterly devoid of substance.

If you are quoting or referencing the thoroughly mendacious Project Veritas, you have no argument, and you're embarrassing yourself.

That banner at CPAC is a badge they were wearing with pride because that is their identity. No one who is serious makes such a claim so publicly unless that is an identity they embrace.

When people show you who they are, believe them.

jiggyfly likes this.