1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Stop eating fat boy. You're an embarrassing part of our country

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump's lawyers are now talking to the DOJ as they are looking into Trump's actions or inactions on Jan 6th. He is going to be charged, many around him will also be charged.

I still struggle with understanding how anyone could have voted for him, the evidence was out there for everyone.

DUE YOUR RESEARCH

1. Accused Pedophile
    2. Racist
    3. Convicted Money launderer
    4. Convicted Fraud through a fake university
    5. Accused by more than 25 women of sexual assault

If you voted for him you are part of the problem - as I said in the other thread.....SHAME ON YOU for putting our country at risk.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And you think middle school style put-downs that aren't good or original isn't an embarrassing part of our country?

VooDooPope likes this.
  4. King1

I think fat people are a problem. Continue to to like every liberal post though. One if the biggest shills here

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Okay.

6. King1

Facts

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I will accept that you believe fat people are a problem as fact.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

SamFisher and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Damn, Kavanaugh is putting up Wilt Chamberlain numbers. Basic math could tell you this is obviously not true.

ROCKSS, Andre0087, SamFisher and 2 others like this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I like how these Trump Jr. (DeSantis) fans try to pretend they’re somehow separate from the party of Trump. I mean, I understand it, but you’re not fooling anyone. We’re not all as dumb as you.

VooDooPope, ROCKSS, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. Whether it's DeSantis or Trump, it's still the party with the same agendas. it's still a party of election deniers, Insurrectionist defenders, hate group inciters, NRA blood money policy makers, QAnon conspiracy theorists, Dictator lovers, White Nationalists, gay haters calling themselves Christians, etc...

Tax the poor, give tax breaks to the wealthy, take away women's rights, take away gay rights, deny free or affordable healthcare, make voting harder in certain areas, arm the schools with AR-15's instead of making them illegal, spit on the military, blame BLM and Antifa for violence, make heroes of white thugs and criminals with guns, blah, blah, blah.

Oh, most important. Lie your as* off, deflect from the truth, pretend like you care, and carry on. It's the new Trump molded GOP.

VooDooPope, ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

She admitted a typo, but still shows 4500 which I assume you would say this is also obviously not true.

Why?

Are you saying that the FBI purposely inflated the numbers to make themselves look bad?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How is it mathematically impossible to receive 5400 tips about sexual misconduct?

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The funny part is, DeSantis is purposely modelling himself on Hungarian diktator Viktor Orban, currently presiding over a shrinking, not very wealthy agricultural country in Eastern Europe that is basically what Putin wants Ukraine to be. Orban bores people into submission (basically they leave bc they can freely emigrate) with a bunch of legalistic bullshit.

Basically "boring Hitler".

This is the kind of acharismatic stuff Trump - fat piece of traitorous **** that he is - absolutely wrecks in the absolute klown show that is the Republican primary because he acts the opposite way.

Now at his advanced age and with his long-decreased faculties, there's some real late stage Palpatine stuff about Trump, but is it enough to beat big boys who think it's their turn? Ask Chris Christie.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually 4500 (tweeter admitted a typo), but, regardless, that number came from the FBI which (if inflated) they are only making themselves look bad.

Nook likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The tips could be related to the same person or persons, from people who witnessed the misconduct.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

DeSantis seems to me a smarter Trump who actually knows how politics work. Yea no thanks, i rather not have a (debatable) smarter conservative extremist as president.

Problem with the republican party now is u have to b as extreme and ignorant on your stance as possible to win the nomination. Watch it's gonna b trump vs Desantis slinging extreme racist dog sht to turn the white folks on for the republican primary.
    I do not see any republican presidential candidate winning the primary if they come off pretending to b "moderate"

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Let's really take a look at the Republican party and what it has become.

I will preface this by saying I hated Reagan's policies both foreign and domestic.

There is a lot of disagreement I have with most things Reagan.

But the Republicans had a huge upswing with him.

1. He believed in Democracy at least as a concept.

2. He opposed authoritarian regimes at least across the Atlantic.

3. He gave Americans(in general) belief in their country. The national morale rose under Reagan.

4. Believed in the American dream and that immigrants who were willing to work hard were an asset and benefit to this nation.

5. Worked with and were friends with people with contrary ideas for how to better the United States (Reagan and Tip O'Neal)

The Republicans now -
    1. Elected and still support a leader who attempted a coup of our nation.

2. Still support candidates who don't belive in democracy.

3. Invited a racist bigoted eastern European authoritarian to hold a place of honor at their conference.

4. Refused peaceful transfer of power

5. Believe other Americans are worse than Authoritarian leaders of nations who electively invade democratic nations.

6. Fist bump each other for denying veterans health care.

7. Feel that harassing people of a different political party is something to be celebrated.

I understand not all Republicans agree with all of those things. But they've allowed their party to be taken by people that do.

Seriously, Republicans... Look at yourselves and what your party tolerates and supports. I'm not talking about just a few whackjob outliers. I'm talking about the majority or at least a plurality of the party. And the rest that disagree, don't disagree strongly enough to do anything about it.

VooDooPope likes this.
  19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oops, he left out a retort to your first 6 items.

Exactly. Majority of the party, and the top Presidential choices for the party is the difference! By the way, I'm not surprised for a second he picked a black person in his retort. Same guy that defending the killer of a black man by squeezing the air out of him and holding him down with a knee until he died.

SamFisher and FranchiseBlade like this.