1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

**** her. No really, please someone **** her so that she learns sex is fun.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Obama tried to tap the grassroots but they can't deliver consistently or efficiently when it really matters. He ended up courting biz leaders and industrialists to get money and power through for his causes.

People want **** done, but no one wants the weekend work involved to make it happen. That's like two reservations and a shopping trip canceled.

Priorities.

jiggyfly and mdrowe00 like this.
  3. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Easy: poor economic conditions help the minority party before elections.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This sex trafficking sleazeball "Stop the Steal" Traitor is the last person to be telling the military what they should or shouldn't be doing.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

If teachers are gonna now be expected to handle school shooters, is their pay gonna increase dramatically as well since they’re no longer just teachers, but armed security as well?

How about double the pay for all teachers and an extra hazard bonus?

11. Xopher

Xopher Member

The definition of SPAM is unsolicited mass emails. Maybe they wouldn't be classified as SPAM if they weren't SPAM.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Tax dollars don't even pay for all the necessary school supplies. Are folks gonna suck it up to fund all of these proposed measures?

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Add that to over 30,000 other lies. It's pathological with him. He can't stop lying.

VooDooPope likes this.
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

My niece just completed her first year teaching first graders and I could never picture her carrying a firearm in school. She wanted to be a teacher to help kids but asking a teacher to carry a gun is a bit nuts......hell in that analogy everyone should be packing, what about the folks who work at HEB, should they be carrying a weapon to after what happened in Buffalo, hell lets just go back to the wild wild west and everyone can wear a sidearm :rolleyes:

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's such a 3rd world country mentality. Armed people everywhere, and not knowing who the bad guys are because it's legal to walk around armed and carrying. It's certainly not a Norman Rockwell portrait of America.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a teacher, I appreciate almost all of my colleagues. But there are very few of them I would want armed at school. I have guns and would never want to bring them to work. It would be far more dangerous with armed teachers.

Gun accidents happen way more than good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns. That is in just normal situations. Add to that hundreds or thousands of students running around and it is a recipe for disaster. Also, should a shooter go after a school, and teachers and the shooter are running around with guns, how will Law Enforcement know who the 'bad guy' is when they arrive.

It is a very short-sighted and poorly thought out idea.

If I was in a brainstorming session, I wouldn't be upset if someone volunteered the idea in a stream-of-conscious flow. But I would hope that there was enough ration and reason in the room to shoot the idea down quicker than armed intruder.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Fascist tactics. Instate your choice to power regardless of the vote.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Looks like a terrible bill to me, honestly. Gas prices are high because worldwide oil prices are high. Putting domestic price controls on gasoline won't make it cheaper, it'll make it scarce as the oil products are sent to other markets that will pay the going rate.

jiggyfly likes this.