1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The rest of the PA GOP is pissed about it, too. They said he's only backing someone sure to win the nomination days before the vote to look like he actually picked a winner...and that Mastriano is going to get crushed in the general. They're concerned this is costing them both the Governorship (something that would be beneficial to someone who likely intends to run for President in 2024) and likely the Senate seat as well.

jiggyfly and deb4rockets like this.
  2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

If he is picking someone that is sure to win the nomination (and therefor his endorsement doesn't matter), why would his endorsement cost them the Governorship? Would Pennsylvanians have supported this candidate but for Trump's endorsement? Is his endorsement not only going to take down this candidate but also someone in a Senate race he did not endorse? I suppose it is possible, if Trump was just so toxic in Penn that him endorsing anyone drives huge GOTV efforts on behalf of the Dems. Doesn't seem like they would need that extra trigger though, since the candidate was apparently already tied to Trump. That seems very unlikely.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Elise Stefanik is the 3rd highest-ranking member of the Republican party in Congress. She is spreading QAnon conspiracy theory. The highest and the 2nd ranking member is silent. Again, the leadership of the Republican party is not only silent about it but is using QAnon conspiracy theory for political gains. This is the kind of stuff that does matter - that lead followers to form such hatred toward the other side that they turn toward violence.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a few of those QAnon people in their party. I mean a few went to that radical right wing Christian rally where they believe the world is experiencing a “great awakening” that will expose “ritual child sacrifice” and a “global satanic blood cult." Then you add in some of the same ones that attend White Supremasist rallies and it's even scarier. Oh, and that stolen election lie is still coming out of their mouths. No telling how far they will go but the party has changed in a very bad way. I can't see myself ever voting for a Republican again. They are setting the stage to take power any way they can.

No Worries likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[​IMG]

**** everybody else.

#2785 No Worries, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    dobro1229 likes this.
  6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

#2786 dc rock, May 16, 2022
    Last edited: May 16, 2022
    No Worries likes this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Republicans - the party of short fat morons with small penises. Some of which came from money.

Phillyrocket, jiggyfly and No Worries like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Thats's a pretty scary right wing radical preacher. Doesn't sound like a church I would want to go to to feel God's love. Quite the opposite actually.

As for Nugent, I loved his music as a teenager but sure don't like the man he has become with old age. He can take his Marxists communists crap and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. That right wing radical garbage spewing from his lips is toxic waste.

dc rock likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

these people will politicize anything

kids are there for graduation, not to listen to your politicized drivel…if u don’t get your dumbass off stage…

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’s because they’re losing at life

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Does anyone else find it amazing that these crazy right wingers who talk about GOD and Country distort what it means to follow God`s teachings? YOu cant be a Christian and vote Democrat......oh my, talk about alienating people......but the Trump base eats it up....why, could it be because the majority are bigots and racists? The hard core trumpers who used to be my friends fit that mold to a T, they hid it for so long but trump made it ok for them to show there true colors.........just like this jack off of a preacher

mdrowe00, dc rock, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a distorted take on loving thy neighbor.

ROCKSS and VooDooPope like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

• Nearly half of the Republican party believes in "Great Replacement Theory".
    • More than half of the party believes that the election was stolen from Trump.
    • The party punishes members that speak out about these things.
    • The party has shown zero initiative to correct those fallacies and as was mentioned above is working to make sure others in the party are discouraged from correcting them.
    That is the state of the Republican Party. Instead of making those with these false, hateful, and sometimes bigoted beliefs, unwelcome in the party, the party is courting them and trying to appeal to them.

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is not the type of mentality to make America Great by any means. You wonder if it is a just a message to those who think America is better with white skinned European descent people who are straight. One thing is for sure, the extremist hate groups and radical preachers who like that concept have adopted the GOP as their party of choice.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes. When will there be Republican leaders that stand up and say, "This isn't welcome here. Our party doesn't want that."?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You embrace Bubba it is hard to get away when Bubba takes over.

Like Liz Cheney, the Lincoln Project, and Midas touch, it will take years to restore the party - it is the titanic heading towards an iceberg......the country is going 100% in the opposite direction.

DD

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Some have, and then the GOP radicals resort to shunning them, retaliating against them and calling them names.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't think the country is headed in the wrong direction. I think the Republican Party is headed in the wrong direction. I think they are collecting all of those that wish to claw and grasp onto the less enlightened ways of the past rather than catch up with modern times and knowledge.

ROCKSS and dobro1229 like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yup. What they have is a collection of losing policies. Increasing taxes on lower income earners, doing away with social security and Medicare?? Polluting the earth?? Lol... it's a losing argument which is why they all know the only way to stay in power is to take power in an autocratic way and then control the media the way Russia and Hungary has done.

I do think they can successfully take that power that'll last.... well awhile... but either way it won't be sustainable. I don't even think Russia and Hungary can sustain this long term. China maybe... but still. It's just the matter of if the Republicans are successful at throwing Democracy, how much worse will life be here in the US while we have to deal with it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D