1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the republican party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a flat out lying weasel of a man. Vote this hypocrite out!

FranchiseBlade, ROCKSS and edwardc like this.
  2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yep that's the sad part these old jokers are losing there mind.

3. adoo

adoo Member

The Repugs are supposed to be anti-tax; but that was before 2022

Fla has no state income tax; yet its two Senators are pushing for tax increases targeting Seniors/retirees. Senator Rick Scott plan would force seniors to pay more taxes (palmbeachpost.com)

Senator Rick Scott recently introduced a plan for the Republican Party that would raise taxes on nearly half of all Americans, forcing seniors and working class families to
    pay more when they file their taxes every year. His plan also includes provisions that could sunset Medicare and Social Security, jeopardizing the health care and
    retirement benefits that millions of Florida seniors have spent their entire lives earning.

Republicans across the country have begun echoing Scott’s calls to raise taxes for those who can least afford it. Our other Senator, Marco Rubio, has been too weak
    to rule out Scott’s agenda. It’s no mystery why Rubio won’t disavow Scott’s plan: he advocates cuts to Social Security and Medicare. He’s even gone so far as to say
    Republicans should look into cutting these essential programs to help pay for the $1.9 trillion tax cut that he voted for as a handout to wealthy corporations.

Rubio and Scott represent more seniors than almost any other U.S. Senator. But instead of backing plans to deal with the real problems retirees are facing —
    from high healthcare costs to rising rent to fraud schemes targeting seniors — they’re leaving us behind.​

#2763 adoo, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

The problem with the Republican Party is not that the majority of them are closeted homosexuals, or that they believe ridiculous conspiracy theories and whine incessantly about their victimization. The real issue is exactly how unchristian they are…

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And you can't shame them on this either.

The Bible says what they say it says, even though they don't read it.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hot take but I get the sense that the coalition electoral of 2018 and 2020 that put Democrats in the majority is starting to wake back up, and will still be able to hold majorities in November.

I think the issue that has made winning so palatable at these local off cycle elections like School boards, etc. is the left and the middle just simply don't know when important votes are happening. It's SOOOOO hard to know in my area myself because there are constantly signs everywhere all the time so you really don't know. Then you have to go to 4 different websites, try to find where you vote this next week, and then try and find out what the hell is actually on the ballot then try to understand what the hell they are talking about.

Come November everyone is going to know that this election is coming up, and should know where to go. That alone is good news for Democrats.

Will inflation, gas prices, etc. truly flip any voters though in the middle???... I still have a hard time thinking there are people out there that voted against Trump in 2020 and for Dems in 2018 that are going to say to themselves that the reason why the economy was ssooooo much better was because of Donald Trump and down ballot MAGA candidates like Ted Cruz, etc. As long as Republicans are doubling down on who they were in 2018 and 2020, and as long as Democrats simply know when and where to vote, I think it's going to be tough to beat the Dems in November.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think the same but that would be common sense and I have no faith in common sense anymore.

ROCKSS, dobro1229 and VooDooPope like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Unsurprisingly former employees disparage Colorado congressperson Lauren Boebert, expose lousy business practices

Former Shooters employees say that the high school drop-out turned Congresswoman frequently failed to pay her employees on time.

"Multiple employees say that they were paid in cash, either out of the register or from Boebert's husband's wallet, without any taxes deducted," according to the report. "While many workers were struggling to make ends meet, they say Boebert spent exorbitant sums on breast implants, private schooling for her sons, and a new Cadillac Escalade. They describe her as alternately absent, showing up only when news crews were at the restaurant.

"The second the restaurant blew up, her head blew up, and it became something entirely different," one former waitress says. "And I got to meet a new version of her that is a monster."

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wait, Trump raped a 13-year old? tell me more

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Apparently “The State” of the Republican Party here in Texas is you pay more for your energy so that you have the ability to not use you appliances and have to sweat your a$$ off in your own home all summer when it’s 96 degrees so that oil billionaires can make more money.

Got it!! I know which party has my back.

#2779 dobro1229, May 14, 2022
    Last edited: May 14, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Why doesn't it surprise me that Trump is backing Far Right QAnon candidate Mastriano in Pennsylvania's Governorial race?

Trump’s statement Saturday reiterated his lies about a stolen election. It said Mastriano “has revealed the Deceit, Corruption, and outright Theft of the 2020 Presidential Election, and will do something about it.”

Mastriano worked with Trump to overturn the result and organized bus trips to the U.S. Capitol for Trump’s Jan. 6 “Stop the Steal” rally, where he was later seen in footage with his wife passing through breached barricades set up by Capitol Police.

This guy is also one of the GOP candidates who attended the
    “Patriots Arise for God and Country” far right Christian conference this month.
    Organizers played a video claiming the world is experiencing a “great awakening” that will expose “ritual child sacrifice” and a “global satanic blood cult."

Now that's some kinda crazy.

VooDooPope likes this.