1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the democratic party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 27, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Okay but that's an irrelevant point to what we are going back and forth about.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I only give my points, and I do not like to go back-and-forth with anyone on here. I was horrible on the debate team

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what the fuck.gif

4. Roc Paint

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

At this point it’s obvious @MojoMan is partially banned. He hasn’t posted anything but cartoons in nearly a year.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bite me.

7. Roc Paint

Everyone in this section can do that except for a handful

J.R. likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

If clutch becomes too successful he should be not allowed to moderate his website right? That's what you wish? Or am I strawmanning your position?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Holy ****. It can type.

10. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

And yet the Babylon Bee did, and other people did understand it. You didn't understand it. It isn't hard to put two and two together.
    Both are pretty commonly referenced. Perhaps you have a blind spot. Anyone who has watched even a little right leaning comedy has probably heard both the Clinton Body Count conspiracy theory. Harris ran for president, so it is obvious she wants to be president.
    Satire is never "actually news". Actually news is real, satire is fake that makes fun of something that the satirist observes or believe they observe.
    It makes sense if you understand the references. I exaplained it in a perfectly coherent way.
    Satire is supposed to comment on something by adding absurdity. I don't think the Babylon Bee is very good at it, but it was not difficult to understand or explain. I think everyone understands the bit if they know the two premises, it just isn't a very good bit.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

But can it come up with any original thoughts.?

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

He could be drawing his political cartoons for all I know. But I find that unlikely. @MojoMan are these originals or do you just copy pasta?

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It wasn't easy for him, but god damnit he did it

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Are you sure about that?

I guess the fringy folks that they are targeting but not random people on the internet and no I don't have a blind spot.

Commonly referenced by who? The people in your bubble?

I did not say satire is actually news I said said satire is based on actual news.

Where is the absurdity here,the people who they are targeting actually believe this kind of stuff.

You realize how **** the Babylon Bee is at comedy and satire yet for some reason you still defend them.

Hmmm?

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

related

J.R. likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

Comedy is less funny when you have to utilize strawmen to convey the punch line.

jiggyfly likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

J.R. likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

I don't care for corporate virtue signaling also. I don't think anyone here does. We all know it's to maximize profits.

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Well, I'm pretty sure Os understood it, since he posted it. I doubt we are the only two people in the world to get it, since as far as I know neither of us wrote the Clinton Body Count wikipedia page.
    Bill Maher has heard of it:

Bill Clinton has heard of it:

Yeah, I am pretty sure other people can understand it.
    You said none of this is in the news. Certainly Kamala Harris being vice president and the Clinton Body Count conspiracy have both been in the news.
    The absurdity is that of course Harris cannot get the Clintons to murder Joe Biden by telling them that he knows some secret about them.
    I'm not defending them, I am saying that it is not incomprehensible to anyone that has been aware of America for the last 30 years and is smart enough to put two and two together. At no point did I say it was good or well done, I just explained it to you because you didn't get it.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bill Maher is supposed to be an example of what?

He is not watched by the masses.

The Clinton Body count has not been in the news WTF are you talking about its been talked about on segments on certain networks.

The Clinton Body count is a conspiracy theory that is talked about in a certain subset of the U.S. you act like this is front page news.