1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The silver lining

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fuzzybear, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

Putting aside my general disdain for all things Battier...

I have to say that Yao looked phenomenal all things considered. Just the very fact that we are having discussion about how he should have his time limit removed, how he would have made a difference, and how he was more importantly aggressive are all something that give me a great deal of hope that was not there when he was wobbling around in preseason.

The Yao we are seeing now looks more mobile, less tentative, and more importantly - just further along than I think anyone could have hoped.

That being said, the idea that we should somehow exceed his limits already are just :rolleyes:. At this point, if we don't take every precaution with Yao, we are simply one of the dumbest franchises out there. After all of the injury history that we have had with having players come back too early or without enough precaution, I really wouldn't mind sticking for once to the doctor's orders for the entire season.

Maybe then we might actually watch Yao peak at the right time for once, in the playoffs when we need him most.