1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Silver Lining - Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T.Mcgrady, Apr 10, 2015.

1. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

My God, it was two games people against the SAN ANTONIO SPURS. The world isn't ending, we're going to the playoffs still.

That being said, one thing I've noticed is that Dwight has actually looked REALLY good in limited minutes. I'll go as far as saying he's been downright dominant. The Dwight from last year's playoffs.

Look at Dwight's +/-. When he's on the floor, we are outplaying the other team and doing so in spectacular fashion.

There's no chance in hell of his minutes being restricted in the playoffs.

It's not over yet.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Yea, when the team get a chance to play real basketball. Until then, rockets got themselves a mansion with those bricks at the FT line.

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Theres 2 games left and his minutes havent hit 30 yet....

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

it's over brehs. just accept it.

buy your tickets for games A and B, witness the sweep, and get ready for next year.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I have a feeling we will go to WCF minimum

probably championship

we will win going in as humbled underdogs rather than favorites

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

He looks great physically, just needs to work on his timing catching and finishing. He definitely needs to play a smarter game though. He's committing some really dumb fouls, using his arms too much in all facets of the game, including setting screens, fighting for rebounds, and posting up.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Stupid to restrict his minutes in the biggest game of the season. If a few more minutes really are that detrimental to him, then he's not healthy enough to begin with.

8. SeeingRocketRed

But we won't get to play any basketball. Let's just have free throw competitions.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how is this biggest game of the season, that is playoffs

realistically it doesn't really matter how you are seeded in the West, we don't particularly have good matchups with anyone. We lost with HCA last year and won without it in 2009

10. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I disagree. I am not willing to risk his health for seeding. A healthy Dwight this season and beyond is more important. The point of the minutes cap is to see if there are any negatives as the minutes are marginally increased. If that timeline puts him at full strength for the playoffs, then so be it.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I see what you're saying, but I like that Rockets are sticking to their guns. It was a HUGE game but Rocket still need Dwight in the playoffs. Look at OKC, they rushed KD back and now his career is in jeopardy.

I'm devastated, but the goal of WCF (or championship) is still alive. Harden's MVP candidacy is officially over though.

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

It seems like with so many stoppages for free throws, the minutes restriction hardly even applies. Not like anyone was actually playing basketball out there.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) I understand the no back-to-backs. I just can't fathom how playing Dwight a few more minutes is detrimental. If it truly is, then he shouldn't be playing at all in my opinion.

2) Durant rushed back, then immediately was playing tons of minutes and carrying the team again. Dwight's not doing that. He didn't rush back, and he's still on a serious limit. I just don't think the situations are the same, but I'm no doctor. I guess I'm wrong.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No silver lining when you drop from 2nd seed to 6th, and very possibly last year's champion in just 2 farking games.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

we went from the 2nd seed to the 6th seed

if we play sa in the first round we get run the **** over

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The world might not be ending but the playoff stint might be a short one

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would be per the usual for Rockets basketball. :p

<strike>MVP</strike>
    <strike>Deep playoff run</strike>
    Celebrate James Harden scoring title?

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

D12 has looked really good...but the minutes restrictions have really hurt our chances at HCA. A healthy D12 takes priority over HCA for sure, and if the minutes restriction means a healthy D12 in the playoffs, then its worth it.

Sure would have liked to see what this team could have done with everyone healthy.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Russell Westbrook will brick for that title, thrilling

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

yeah, if opponents start hacking, I'd put Howard in. Because Howard can defend on the other end of the court.