1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The season is not over yet...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Daddy Long Legs, Sep 23, 2018.

?

The season isnt over

1. Let’s go

83.3%
  2. Fire deshaun watson!

16.7%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans about to be in a 3 way tie for the division after this week

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I want to say we r 2nd best In that 3 way tie, but we lost to the titans without their starting qb.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I say the Texans have to make a move for Arizona's Patrick Peterson, add him to the secondary (the Texans have the cap space to do it) and you could have an amazing defense, enough to do something since now it looks like the division is potentially winnable

red5rocket likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

This thread is aging well so far

ipaman and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

t*** down 14 and Jags down 24

DD

6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Only to get destroyed by a real NFL team when it counts? Sorry. Need to build from the ground up.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans have a ton of talent, in fact they only have a few holes, unfortunately one of them is at HC/OC. Bringing in a top tier CB would keep Kareem at safety and would plug by far the biggest weakness in the defense. The offense need some new O linemen, but that's not a "build from scratch" kind of situation either. Despite the results, the Texans are closer to a SB team than a "build from scratch" team talent-wise.

Sure BOB will always be there to put a cap on their success, but that's not to say they couldn't win the division despite him given the right talent.

red5rocket and oelman44 like this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Totally agree with the fact that the talent is there. Realistically though, dont NFL teams NEED a good coach to be successful? I think this is true for baseball and football more so than bball.

Look at Lebron and the Heat and Erik whatever his name was (sposltra or whatever).

I think NFL teams especially are all about the system, the culture and "buying in". I just cant recall any team being successful without a great coach.

Curious if any one can think of any examples who have done well in the NFL with a subpar coach.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Football is without a doubt the sport where having a great coach is the most critical. Basketball would be next, in my opinion, then baseball.

If the Texans can beat Jacksonville, I'll start to get excited about this team. I'll spend all week thinking we'll get blown out. I'll be surprised by anything else. Though Jacksonville looks pedestrian today.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they need a new HC to win a SB, but I think if their secondary problems were fixed they could win a playoff game or so. If I can have winning football in Houston, I'll take it even if I know they won't win a SB due to having the worst HC in the league.

red5rocket likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Football is crazy. The way the Jags and Titans started the season with big wins against legitimate teams, you wouldn't have thought the trash ass Texans would be in a position to lead the division.

The Giants only win is against the Texans. #neverforget

deb4rockets and jsingles like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

Bills beat the Titans. We beat the Bills.

Cowboys beat the Jags. We beat the Cowboys.

So by the transative property, we are the bestist!

Uprising and deb4rockets like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson is playing injured. All it takes is a few more of bob shtty play calls, oline miscue to protect him and watson will b in a casket and our season will then b over. For now gloat if u want lol 1st place wheeeee.

14. Daddy Long Legs

chill

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

certainly is a war of attrition.

The optics of this team don't look great now... but I'll still be optimistic that this line won't be playing at 2002 expansion level forever. In the mean time, I still think Watt's resurgence needs more attention given how he was left for dead around here. We're at the point now where people take his greatness for granted.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep! I was one who wondered if Watt still had it. Glad to see he does. Can't wait to see him sack Bortles or tip his passes right into Jackson's grasp

17. Daddy Long Legs

Since their 0-3 start, the texans have rattled off 4 straight wins en route to the division lead.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Best in da south. Bob might get extended if he pulls this off. 0-3 to division champ, wheeeee.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You are pure

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The first three wins were so close 2 took overtime... this win over Jacksonville was the first pure win this year. Thursday is a huge game.