1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Score] Report: Nuggets willing to deal Ty Lawson this offseason due to soured relationship

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fullcourt, May 7, 2015.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Two overpaid disgruntled guys for a top-5 big man? Sounds legit

3. Nook

Nook Member

Lawson isn't worth the #6 pick. He has a lot of baggage off the court, and on the court did not have an especially strong season; he also is limited defensively and has a history of bad ankles.

Part of the appeal to the Rockets is that he wouldn't cost much to trade for and has a lot of upside.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This is what we like to hear, Denver trying to move Lawson and a limited PG market.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No way Sacramento should be so stupid. I wouldn't put it past them, mind you, but they better get the #7 pick in there somehow. Sacramento can throw in a sweetener to get "back to equitable", but you just don't hand over filet mignon, asking for $4.25.

This is probably a way of getting other teams to jump in. Which I would, if I were Morey, just to see if there's any substance (and the whole thing might be apocryphal).

6. Fantasma Negro

Morey get your ass in here and do your job. Get us Cousins and Lawson for Jones and Dwight

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried? Seriously?! Man, you'd think Morey could put together a package comparable to that. We don't have a PG to offer, but I'd give up D-Mo, Jones AND Capela for Cousins.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Lawson & Faried for Boogie Cousins is laughably bad for the Kings. NO WAY that happens.

Kings would be better off trading Cousins to the Lakers for the #2 pick.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Is Sheridanhoops even a credible site?

My bet is that Denver and Sacramento have engaged in trade talks involving these players in the sense that a stalker has engaged in sex talks with [insert name of female celeb] by tweeting her a dick pic.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am still laughing at the stupidity of it. It is the funniest thing I have heard in months.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If it was any other team in the league I would write this off like most of the nonsense rumors that get reported, but dammit...this is the Kings we're talking about. I will never write off anything with that team.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If you're not confident that he makes us good enough to beat the Warriors, then why do it? We were 2nd place with our current roster.

Harden is our PG, but he's not a good point guard. He turns the ball over between halfcourt and the three point line more than any Rocket I've ever seen. This is where real PGs shine. It's not sexy, but taking care of the ball until you get into your offense is huge. Harden is a playmaker, not a point. Give me a guy that can get Harden the ball just above the 3 point line consistently and I'll be happy.

Well said.

I read most of this thread and there seems to be this underlying belief that Harden is a great point guard. The Golden State series proved he's not. If he doesn't work on his skills of getting the ball into the play without turning it over, we need a PG to go any further. Teams know how to stop Harden and they all do it before he gets to the 3 point line or wait for games when the ref swallows the whistle. A PG helps both situations. Ty Lawson isn't dreamy, but he's a legit PG.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, that's a ridiculous move, for both teams. The Nuggets will remain in that "just good enough to not get the first pick but not make the playoffs" place that they're in now, and so will the Kings.

Neither team gets to rebuild or compete.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Kings are stupid enough to be shopping Cousins, Rockets should be all over it.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That trade proposal leaked on twitter is too stupid to be legit - it's one of those bush league "someone leaked it intentionally to see if another team is gullible enough to believe Lawson is that valuable". Nothing to see here - really.

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of these rumors, you are only hearing from one side. So reporter gets a call from his source in Denver who tells him, "we made a very serious offer of Lawson and Fried for Cousins, and they told us they'd get back with us ASAP". But the reporter doesn't have a source income Sacramento's front office, to tell him about the side splitting laughter that ensued as soon as they hung up.the phone

With trade rumors, you're mostly only hearing from one side of things because most reporters don't have relationships with high ranking front office personal on every team in the league.

18. i3artow i3aller

Free i3oogie
    [​IMG]

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

The luster has really dulled on Faried. I remember a time when he was mentions along with Kahwi Leonard as one of Morey's biggest drafting mistakes.

He's like Draymond Green without the Bball IQ or semi reliable jumper.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like Lawson could be the next J SMOOVE

Cut for nothing and then picked up for scraps

Rocket River