1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Score] Report: Nuggets willing to deal Ty Lawson this offseason due to soured relationship

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fullcourt, May 7, 2015.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I'll post that when I get home from work :cool:

2. mercy road

mercy road Member

Lawson is not coming to the Rockets. Just my opinion. For the many varied reasons I have posted here and many more that I have omitted. His complete lack of defense is probably the major reason. He was exposed on defense every season in his career and on the Rockets he would be attacked unmercifully as the weakest link. Much like Prig in the play offs. The Rockets, like most true contenders, cannot have such an obvious weakness on their roster.

Lawson in all probability will be earning three times as much as Bev next season. It he worth such a cost? If Morey had wanted a Lawson type player why did he not jump at one of the many point guards available this last trading deadline? There was one "explosive" PG without a molecule of defense who ended up in Boston that rumor had it could have been had for a song. At a fraction of the price of Lawson. But Morey never took the bait. Don't expect Lawson in Houston next season.

3. mercy road

mercy road Member

I look forward to it good sir. I may learn a lot.

4. Rox42012

Rox42012 Member

Know what your talking about.

The Kings statistically had one of the best starting units in the league before their starting point guard got hurt and coaching changes disrupted chemistry

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/...gs-lineup-starters-ty-corbin-demarcus-cousins

DeMarcus Cousins is becoming one of the best players in the league, Rudy is a borderline all star caliber player, and Collison is an underrated solid PG. The problem is their bench was garbage, and they really had holes at starting SG and starting PF. The draft will probably address one of those needs, while a lot of Kings fans are expecting McLemore to continue to show the improvement he did from year one to two. They will be aggressive in FA too

Coach Karl is also going to get a year to implement something with this core, and the core needs to be together for more than a year or two.

The Kings will add to what they have, as they should, and no Lawson is not worth the 6 at all for them. Collison fits because he is an off-ball, defensive, PG that can stretch the floor. He isn't coming

5. larsv8

Here is one option:

Don't tie up long term money with Beverley, Smith or Brewer. Ask Howard to take a slight paycut in his option year in exchange for a massive new deal the following year.

[​IMG]

Here is another option:

Don't tie up long term money with Beverley, Smith or Brewer. Trade Ariza traded away for cap space.

[​IMG]

And this is easy stuff.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

If the Kings do get Lawson, maybe they'd be willing to give up Darren Collison for fairly cheap. We may be able to get him for the Pels pick and Pumpernickel. Not sure if we would want to do that though.

7. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Looks like a perfect fit for the Kings!

8. mercy road

mercy road Member

Sir, pardon my ignorance but you have D-Mo toiling for slightly above $3M in 2026-2017? I sort of hit that piece of information and stopped reading. Sorry.

9. larsv8

I forgive your ignorance. Perhaps had you continued reading, you would have gotten to the part where it identifies that number as a "qualifying offer"

Its what restricted free agents have as a cap restrictions.

That little gem from the CBA allows us to keep D-mo's low cap hold, use our cap space, then exceed the salary cap to resign him.

It's exactly what we were trying to do this offseason with Parsons and Bosh.

1 person likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He fits with George Karl. But does he fit with DeMarcus Cousins?

Lawson's strength is to push the pace by running the break at every opportunity. Is Cousins willing and able to go full throttle in this kind of a scheme? Besides, do you really want two of your best players to be guys with recorded attitude issues?

I'd take him on the Rockets in the right situation-- and in the absence of better options. He's a decent upgrade, but not perfect.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per Joe Kotoch of <a href="https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops">@sheridanhoops</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nuggets?src=hash">#Nuggets</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kings?src=hash">#Kings</a> have engaged in trade talks involving Boogie Cousins for Ty Lawson &amp; Kenneth Faried.</p>&mdash; Raj Sharan (@Raj_Sharan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Raj_Sharan/status/611562703665000449">June 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No way the Kings are trading Cousins for a midget point guard who plays no defense and is not a franchise player. If they do I will lose all my respect for the kings forever.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Can't believe that at all.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If true, that's embarrassing.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Agreed, no way on Earth would SAC ever give up Boogie for Lawson and Faried.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Three players and a pick for Lawson??? Yuck!!!

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

The owner on that squad is stupid enough to make that move. Nothing would surprise me coming out of that team's camp.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The talk of Lawson to SAC for #6. I thought it was reasonable. Two GM's laughed at me, hurt my feelings type of laughter. Ty stock is low...</p>&mdash; Russillo (@ryenarussillo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/611551442642554880">June 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If that's the case, there's no way in hell the Kings trade the best all-around big man in the game right now for a PG who can't play defense and a garbage-man type player.