1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Scoop on the new season of SNL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Oski2005, Sep 26, 2003.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

That may be, but Sandler and Farley could easily get away with it (and make it funny). Fallon and Sanz just look like unprofessional idiots when they try it.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I just want SNL to be funny again

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Keenan was the fat one, right?

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Yes

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

But the difference is Farley and Sandler were really laughing. Fallon uses fake laughter to save a dead skit, kind of like the old Carol Burnett Show.

I remember when the great cast of the 90's made a mass exodus and Tim Meadows was the only one left. I thought the show was D-O-N-E. I mean, who were these unknowns like Ferrell, Shannon, Oterie, Hammond etc. Of course, they went on to save the show, so who is to say it won't happen again.

As long as Lorne Michaels is in charge, this show will never die.

6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i agree.

he is an adam sandler ripoff w/ all his cute little "songs"

and i would love to see him make it through a skit without breaking character by laughing his way through his lines! it is really a distraction. its like he thinks that hes sooo hilarious and cant contain himself.

and he sucks on the news, but tina fey is a sexy lioness and makes up for him.

the women on the cast right now are as strong as ever. id put them up against v. jackson, jan hooks and nora dunn.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

100% agree with that statement. I could not STAND Morgan. He's a no talent who routinely appeared in terrible skits with little to no humor, whatsoever.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I never realized this, but Sandler and Farley were actually FIRED.

Bring back Norm.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

From what I understand, there was a lot of resentment towards Sandler from the other cast members, especially the women. They would work all week on a skit and it would always get bumped at the last minute because Adam wrote a song the morning of the show. I think that's why Jan Hooks left the show.

And yes, bring back Norm!! His Weekend Updates were my favorite. Such a dry delivery, it always took the audience a few seconds to laugh. :D Oddly enough, his Tommy Lee character was dead on! Great Burt Reynolds too.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

agreed, he is horrible.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

[​IMG]

Two words:
    Knuckle Puck

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

bite your tongue...go from this place and never speak of this again!!!

13. MrsDarkHorse

MrsDarkHorse Member

That just goes to show that the only time the show was actually funny, the higher-ups thought it was a mistake.

14. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Honestly, SLN has not been consistently funny since the early days, and not all that funny even on occassion since the days of Myers, Carvey, Hartman etc.

Will was occassionally funny, but too many times in the past few years they have been at least as much miss as hit. Other shows have replaced this once proud legend. I am not predicting it's death, I am saying bury it; it's been dead for years.

15. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

It used to be a great show with the top comedic talents. Now it is a one or two semi-funny people bunch of people who couldn't make it on in theater now trying their hand at comedy.

As time went on they had fewer and fewer funny people.

Does anony remember the 2 guys that would try to one up the other or say:

"One time I put a nail in my nose and started beating it with a ballpen hammer...."

The other would respond "yeah, I hate it when that happens."

PS-
    Mr. Bill was the best.

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That was Billy Crystal and Christopher Guest. In the book, Crystal said it was something they actually did in the NBC offices and elevators as a joke and then it became a sketch.

17. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I remember Crystal's name right after I posted it but would have never gotten Guest. That was a funny little skit.

Saurai Bakery
    Hamburger Ketchup
    Mr. Robinsons Neighborhood
    Land Shark

...and any number of Chris Farley's skits.

As a matter of fact, I think Farley may have been the last really really funny person to be on that show IMO.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Looking back the good ol' days of SNL don't seem as funny to me now as they did then.

"I'm Chevy Chase, you're not." ?? C'mon.

There has been good and bad in every season. Some better and some worse than others.