1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Ryan Lochte incident in Rio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

http://www.espn.com/olympics/swimming/story/_/id/17349947/gunnar-bentz-says-never-lied-robbery-rio

This sounds like a reasonable account of things. It seems like a shake down. Maybe they deserved it, but it sounds like they were being held for cash.

2. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Good call; I hadn't seen that.

3. TL

TL Contributing Member

A generation ago, David Duke ran for governor of Louisiana. 25 years later, he's running for Senate. Sometimes time passes without progress. The continues segregation in many parts of the country inhibits progress.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There has been a lot of progress over the last 25 years. In 1991, Duke won 55-60% of the white vote. This time, he is completely irrelevant.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

What is funny is that his hair turning green ( due to the pool water ) instead of remaining blue, was probably a sign that the pool water was about to turn green itself, but nobody really connected it.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm watching some of the interview on NBC right now with Lochte and this is just pathetic. Most of this is him just feeling sorry for himself.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The swimming pool never turned green. That was just the outdoor diving and water polo pools.

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Maybe I don't have the story right but a security guard pulled a gun on Lochte because he pissed on a wall? WTF? I don't understand why the pulling a gun on someone isn't more of the story. Lochte is a douche but holy hell what is with this security guard? That's nuts.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It is Brazil. Violence is incredibly common; especially against law enforcement. Lochte really is lucky that is all that happened. Why having the Olympics in Brazil was an incredibly stupid idea. Maybe the OC can give Venezuela a summer Olympics or Afghanistan... I hear Syria is nice too.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Right, but all of the water was treated the same. Whatever was in the water was working on his hair too.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's every day in America. . . .. . . . Hell .. you have guys killing people for looking urban next to their yard . . .. . .

Guns? That is probably the most American part of the story

Rocket River

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Just heard about the Aussie swimmer who was mugged too.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/19/sport/aussie-swimmers-party-discipline/

And I guess some other Australian athletes were also arrested for trying to get better seats at one of Australia's basketball games.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/20/sport/australian-athletes-detained-olympics/

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Statement from Speedo, ending its relationship with Ryan Lochte <a href="https://t.co/dT0F9WwxSR">pic.twitter.com/dT0F9WwxSR</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/767739921750601729">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Dafuq?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Lochte is an idiot and Brazil sucks.

That's my takeaway.

16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Damn, gonna miss seeing him wear those tight breifs

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: Ralph Lauren official says company will not be renewing Ryan Lochte's contract. Lost Speedo deal this morning.</p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/767767026156785665">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  18. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

My favorite is the way he said (paraphrasing) "I was intoxicated, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse."

(He then proceeds to use alcohol as an excuse for the entirety of the interview)

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Who gives a fuq about this tool? I might go see his new movie though

[​IMG]

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What's nuts? They damaged private property and tried to leave. Oh, you don't wanna stay and pay for what you broke? This gat says you do.

Not complex. In some places you can't just **** folks stuff up and bounce. I mean, we live in a city where you can legally shoot someone for being on your property without permission.