1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets this season...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moneygetjealous, Dec 15, 2008.

?

How do you think the Rockets are doing?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Excellent, Championship here we come

8.0%
  2. Good, just as expected of a team with a big 3

5.3%
  3. Average, but could be a lot better

62.7%
  4. Questionable, whats wrong with them?

22.7%
  5. Horrible, rebuilt this freaking team

1.3%
  1. Moneygetjealous

This is the most talented roster the Rockets ever had in a decade. The Rockets could have done a lot better or they could have done worst.

How do you think the Rockets are doing so far?

They have spurts of a great playing team that can go all the way but sometimes watching them play is more frustrating than watching JVG coach. I believe the Rockets are a better team than Celtics, Lakers, and definitely the Cavs. It is frustrating to me that they are not as successful as those teams.

What is wrong with them? I wish I know. I wish they would know. We are no better than the Washington Wizards the way our team is going right now. Injuries.... I think this team is cursed somehow.

2. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I am just waiting to see where we will be right after all-star break in terms of health, where we will be in top 8 in west before I make any decision.

I'm praying like everyone else that Rockets will be healthy and at their best after all-star break if not before. sigh...

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

interestingly is that, with all those bad loses, ugly wins, injury problems, rox is still in the playoff, if it starts today, and rox will be seeded 5th. And currently have the 9th best record of the league.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Average. We arnt doing terrible, but could be doing alot better.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we've shown we can play against the best even when we're not at our best (v. a determined boston team earlier on). but we've also shown we can play our worst (blowout loss v. lakers and bad losses to the bad teams).

but i remain optimistic. we just have to weather this stretch of injuries right now and try to remain at least within 3-4 games of the #2 seed. i think we'll get everyone back together by the end of december. then i give them around another month to find their groove. by february, we should know how good this team really is.

i mean, defensively, we should be REALLY scary (if we resign deke, we'll be ridiculously scary). our perimeter defense should be top-notch with big guys like artest, battier, and tracy outside and being able to switch everything (we're the only team who can do that outside of the lakers and celtics).

offensively, we will be better. we're just inconsistent right now b/c we have different players every night. it's hard to develop a team rhythm when that happens. it's like football (you plug in a different QB, or RB, or WR every week, it's not gonna work).

offense is more than just effort and ball movement and body movement. it's about rhythm not just with yourself (for the players who have been injured) and with each other. that will take time.

as long as we get a top 3 seed, i'm very happy.

6. djimi

djimi Member

at the moment they can be considered average but come on, lets have some faith in this team, if they're all healthy, this is one heck of a team!! i say they make it past the 2nd round this year :)

7. battousai

battousai Member

on paper, we should be on top with lakers, Cavs and celtics in terms of the winning losing ratios. However we are not and partly due to not knowing the system, playing with each others, and injuries.

That's not a bad thing given that besides those top 3 teams, every other team is struggling in the beginning. Granted that Spurs and others has turned this around now.

One thing I do want to question the coaching team is what are they doing? look at the spurs, see how quickly they turn things around? even without parker or manu, they were still playing with hearts and disciple. they lose, but not losing ugly like us.

It seems like the way we are playing now, we will end up being a number 4 or 5 seed again. we win every other game it seems like.

It got to do with our coaching staff, It appears that our players lacks motivation and hearts.

8. redao

redao Member

Now I know what's wrong with the team.

Our players thought they were on par with best teams.
    They were creating excuses after excuses for keeping the hope alive.
    They thought it was not a bad thing to struggle with other teams.
    They thought they could still be a number 4 or 5 seed again.

in the end,
    They blamed the coach for their lack of motivation of hearts.

9. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Fire RA :D :D

RA does NOT fit the current players ;) ;)

10. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Because Ra does not have motivation and heart

Most of time whatever our players play, he does not react at all. Dont adjust. Where is his system going?