1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets should trade Francis - this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 31, 2008.

1. jasona88

jasona88 Member

i say give him one more chance with yao and mac

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yeah, I don't think we'll be able to trade Francis. He's either gonna contribute or get waived.

3. poprocks

poprocks Member

He hasn't exhausted all his options yet either. He still hasn't opted for surgery.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is the problem if the Rockets waive him, he can excercise his option for next year and sign with a new team.

If his tendinitis is that bad, and it sure sounds like it......the Rockets medical staff should be questioned for even allowing this signing.

DD

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

SF won't play anywhere else.

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You really think he is done?

DD

7. saleem

saleem Member

I'm very concerned about the extent of his tendinitis too,but if it is very bad I wouldn't be concerned about him signing with another team. I hope he will be able to give some useful minutes per game as we get nearer the end of the season.Adding him as a filler to get a good player is highly unlikely.

8. mbiker

mbiker Member

The Knicks, who are one of the worst teams in basketball, didn’t want him. The Blazers bought out the remaining two years of his contract for $30 million. The Rockets place him on the bench behind Rafer and a rookie. Who in the world would want him? Acute tendonitis can be career ending, especially for someone that plays in the style that Steve does. The Rockets took a gamble even though it was a long shot. Steve’s career is probably over.

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

Steve chose to come here with low pay and to help the team to win. He proved his value in the phoenix win. And now you want to trade him? :confused:

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He got paid, I have no loyalty to anything other than the Rockets organization.

Whatever is best for the Rockets as a whole is the way I lean.

DD

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

IMO Francis has got too much pride for that. He'll retire or get his minutes elsewhere, ie opt out.

12. KKick

KKick Member

Steve could have gotten more from other teams, but he chose to come here for cheaper. We cannot turn on him and trade him. Besides even he cannot play, he means a lot for the fans to see him on the Rockets.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

Well. Steve has loyalty for this team. Is this the way the team treat him? I don't think any GM will do that. He got only one-year guarantee. If he doesn't feel love here, he certainly could option out after this season.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Before he got hurt in the game against GSW, he fit fine. Made quick passes, found Scola on numerous occasions and always got Yao the ball when he was in position. Not to mention that the Yao and Francis pick and roll was very effective in its limited time. Him and Yao have great chemistry together so it feeds off nicely. It wasn't until his two starts where he stunk it up. To be fair, that was during the stretch where nobody could hit a basket.

He isn't pouting or causing trouble behind the scenes. Everyone gets a long with him. Also, him and Deke are our biggest supporters off the bench. They literally cheer, clap, and stand up every time we make a big play. Stuff like that gives the guys on the court confidence. It doesn't hurt to keep him, especially if we end up trading Mike James.

15. Lumix

Lumix Member

Though Morey is only a rookie GM, he won't be so stupid to have some loyalty stuff prevent him from trading someone, including steve, if the future deal is good enough. Mind, they are only businessmen.

16. Sextuple Double

Steve Francis for Sam Cassell. This cannot fail. If money is a problem throw in Mike James and have them give us a 2nd round pick.

- Steve gets back with boyfriend Mobley and possibly resurrects his game to at least a productive level.

- Sam Cassell comes back to cover every weakness we had at the PG position and probably as a team, which is mainly scoring and being clutch.

- Less shots for Rafer.

17. solid

solid Member

I was never a Francis fan. I never thought he was as good as the hype. I never thought he was a max player. BUT, it is really sad to see his rapid decline. Really sad. No doubt he made a nice living. How much did Portland pay him to NOT PLAY? He is really like Moochie Norris to the 10th power. I thought he could be a contributor here as a role player. I don't think he is seriously injured, I think this is his way of saving face. Personally, I don't think Adelman gave him much of a chance, but maybe he just stunk, hard to say.

18. LAYGO

LAYGO Member

I think the tendinitis is a ploy, kinda like Bonzi's knee last year. SF3 is Bonzi 2008. ;)

19. xishi

xishi Member

keep francis!!!! love the guy! even tho he hasn't done anything yet. :D

20. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

better trade Mike James first before moving the player formerly known as franchise.. ;)