1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets reach Mach 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Oct 14, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hope this is not the case and the Rockets have known the whole time.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have come to the conclusion that no matter what he does, you are going to hate. I understand, though.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

SO MUCH HATE I NEED AN AK

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Oh boy. This is somewhat uglier than i thought:(.

Jeremy Lin: 68 min., 3 reb., 14 asst, 6 stl, 7 to, 16 pts

Scott Machado: 37 min, 4 reb, 19 asst, 0 stl, 4 to, 11 pts.

5. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I'm in favor of Lin sitting out. He needs to be in a gym.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Oh my.

:eek:

7. King Boo

King Boo Member

Jeremy Lin had a bad game, but this comparison is pretty stupid.

-Jeremy plays against starters, Machado has been playing against either the bench or garbage minutes. (ex: He had 5 assists in garbage minutes after NO had given up)
    -These are preseason games. Lin is a guaranteed starter rehabbing an injury while Machado is fighting for a spot on the roster.
    -Lin's been playing great defense, doing a good job keeping his guy out of the paint and putting up a ridiculous steal rate. Machado is a huge weak link on defense and seems like he's just not equipped right now to defend at an NBA level.

I'm glad Machado is working hard and showing promise. I wasn't high on him before, but he's making me think twice with his play. It's stupid to get this far ahead of yourself over a few preseason games though, he's still the 4th string pg right now.

8. shoops

shoops Member

5 star thread, OP is right, look for Machado to start real soon.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm just sayin if Lin is not currently up to the task, he should sit out for the rest of preseason or until he is ready.
    Btw, does minutes played mean anything to you?

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I am a LOF, MachadoOF, JonesOF and WhiteOF. So who the hell am I? :grin::grin::grin: Rockets fan? :rolleyes:

11. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I agree with you. Machado only passes. Does he get into the paint for a layup? Does he steal? What about his defense and decision making? I guess I wasn't too keen on him after he continued to make those egotistical comments to the media.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DD was a 99er, this kid will never be that legend

1 person likes this.
  13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He has looked much better then you're lin in the last two games. No need to bas Little Rocket poscket to propup you're lin.

14. samylee1978

samylee1978 Member

Machado is a point guard Lin isn't..... Once everyone gets off the Lin bus and realizes we messed up the better. Start Douglas back up mini mac n send Lin to the D league

15. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Now, this over reacting. Give Lin his due. At this moment, disappointed as I am, I will go for Lin as PG.

There is something awful going on with Lin. Thinking too much? He plays like Bibby in NYK last year. Dribble, dribble, pass the ball, vanish in some area.. standing, just watching the ball.... shoot the ball occasionally... lucky if it hits.

If he continue playing like this, then doubters are right .... Linsanity is dead.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Look what the hate just drug in. :rolleyes:

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yes, Machado has good, maybe great, court vision, but for every good pass he gives up points on the other end. The defensive breakdowns start with him. The way to maximize Machado's ability is to start him in the D-League, develop his shot, defence, and give him PT, and then see if he can crack the rotation at the end of the year. I am not a Lin fan, but clearly, Lin is better and it is not even close.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

My Lin? Please, my favourite Rocket is Parsons, then Asik. Lin is nowhere close to my favourite. I love defence.

1: Speak English clearly.
    2: Machado getting eleven assists on 3rd stringers is nice and promising, but in no way shape or form is it better than anything Lin does against STARTERS. It is pre-season, and a player returning from injury has a bad game. How is that unusual? Seems like just a normal off-day to me.