1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets need to trade Steve (with apologies to MacBeth)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Nov 13, 2003.

1. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

A-Train, I don't want a 94 Rox. I want a 95 Rox.

Execpt younger (Yao and Francis are at the start of their careers, not the end -- which will extend the Rox's tenure) and a coach that actually has an offensive philosophy that IS NOT one dimensional (Thank you Jeff Van Gundy!!!).

We need to tinker with the team, not dismantle it. We need a EG replacement.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Francis has driven me crazy for the last four years. He still makes some of the stupidest turnovers I have ever seen. When he used to force the action, go one on five, and take a dipsey doodle shot for a turnover I had to leave the room. There were times last year I would have traded him for undisclosed small amounts of cash. Also, I have never liked his "perceived" attitude: whiner, arrogant, self-absorbed, etc.

BUT, so far this year, I have really come to appreciate his APPARENT ATTEMPT to comform to JVG's system. I predicted he would be much more resistant. He even seems more genuine in his comments. He appears in transition, and, for the most part, I like what I see, so far. A-Train, I love most of your posts. Some are classic comedy. As to trading Francis, I would say, wait and see. Right now, I am enjoying Rocket's BASKETBALL. (since we have seen much of that for quite awhile!)

You know things are going well when Yetti likes Jeff's comments!
    (actually, they were insighful.)

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

"conform!" "NO EDIT!!!" "Neuman!" "Jerry!"

4. DavidS

What Nero said! :D

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

everyone is just ready to start tearing a team apart after a great start. The front office knows it's a long season and want to see improvement over last season. if their is improvement look for the suits to keep this team in tact for several years down the road. SHUTUP ALREADY ABOUT TRADING STEVE! We are playing well.

6. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

Damn, why you americans are so inpatient? whatever you want and you want it now. why can't you wait in the line and ask politely like most of the rest of us did?

7. DavidS

I am hoping that some day they will meet in the middle. Francis learns fundamentals, efficiency and gains a higher bball IQ. And Yao learns aggressiveness, quickness and strength.

You can clearly see that turnovers drive Francis crazy. I like that it does. You can see it on this face.

Seems like the JVG's drive for perfection has rubbed off on Steve.

8. DavidS

Hey soild. I agree. It drove me crazy too. But guess what? Francis seems to be playing less of a PG role and more of a basketball player. Kinda like a shooting guard that also sets up the plays within the system. Less and "play maker" or "decision maker that creates shots for others" to more of a "system player."

So his role has changed. I'm glad. It's better for the team.

9. daNasty

daNasty Member

It been said all along from fans to critics, GM ect. that Stevie is a great athletic basketball player but very less basketball IQ. So what do you people preferred? IQ over athletic or vice versa? We would like to have both but Stevie is a great baller but basketball IQ is something that you have and hopefully Stevie can pick up on but I have a feeling he won't. Stevie need to play under control. I mean if he sacrifice himself this year and from now on play and listen to JVG, he's welcome to be teh leader. But if he continued to break rules and show big ego that his way is the only way, then he gotta go. 5-1 record doesn't mean anything at the moment. Some player(s) will never change their stripes and some do. I say let the season end and if it end in disappointment, then someone gotta go and pay the price.

10. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

do they have donkies in china? Perhaps black and white panda balls instead.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL!

12. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

i agree but only for steve nash

13. hdd

hdd Member

just do it...........

:D :D :D

14. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

It's too early to say this before Yao show his ANXIETY to dominate inside. We never see his desire to dunk over his opponent who is below 7 feet.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Does anybody know how the 7 million dollar trade exception we got in the Glen Rice deal would affect a trade of a BYC player like Francis? Does the trade exception come into play here and make it easier to trade Francis?

16. BigRay

BigRay Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Total BS!!!!!:rolleyes:

17. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

if shaq and kobe can co-exist, then im pretty sure SF and yao can. if we average 90 pts a game, there are PLENTY of points to go around for both. i can maybe see an argument for trading mobely, but i wouldnt do that either....

18. sweetie

sweetie Member

please dont trade Steve. You cant get equal value back,yet for Ming you could get more since he is overhyped. If anybody should be traded its Ming. You have to have heart and desire to atleast win and Ming is scared. Steve is dumb I admit but other teams know that thats why you cant get equal value.

I dont know why everyone thinks ming is a non tradeable. Averaging 16/8 is not what I call a dominating center to build around. If Danny freaking Fortson can neutralize Ming,then trade his butt before the memo gets out he aint improving.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt that Indiana would trade Tinsley/Pollard for Cato/Boki and a first round pick but if they agreed to this idea I would do it.

20. lalala902102001

What we really need to do is to get a true backup PG and to move Cat to the bench. We cant get equal talent back for Steve and thus we are not trading him.