1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets in Team Practice (January 29)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 29, 2008.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

So right after 1 day's absence due to the flu, Tracy McGrady and Bonzi Wells rejoined the Rockets in team practice morning of January 29 in preparation for the game with Golden States Warriors.

Only Mike James missed the team practice, as his wife is going to deliver any time now, and he is back home to be with his wife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

they should all be in line behind the free throw line and make 20 in a row before they are allowed to practice.

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

You want them to miss the game?

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

LOL. Nice one. ;)

5. pryuen

Photos of the other Rockets during the team practice......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

Is that all they are doing? Shooting free throws? Francis I could believe cause his quads and knees are probably still hurting.

7. pryuen

I could be wrong. But judged from the photos that I saw from the past on either sohu.com or sina.com, most probably the team practice would only be open for media right after they completed the walk-thrus or team scrimmage. And probably that is why you only got photos of the players either shooting from the free throw line, practicing their 3-pointers, sprinting to-and-fro on the court, or just standing around doing nothing.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

With the way they've been shooting FT's, I hope they do spend a lot of time shooting those. We can't win without knocking down freebies.

9. pryuen

Or better still, why can't Rick Adelman appoint Yao Ming to be their free throw instructor? :D

Or Rick Adelman should revert to what Jeff Van Gundy used to do during his tenure. And that is every player is to hit 7 out of 7 free throws before he is allowed to leave the team practice. Or else, he has to stay behind until he completes his 7/7 assignment.

10. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

If so, I bet Chuck Hayes would never get to go home.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

lol we ran these kind of drills in high school. After awhile if you can't hit your shots and everyone else is in the lockeroom getting their showers and it's time to turn the lights off. Coach just says go hit the showers. Keep working on that shot...and shakes his head and walks out.

12. pryuen

It seems that Yao Ming endorsed my idea !! :D

13. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

You know JVG likes the players who work hard and stay late ;)

14. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Or maybe they have done that today, since you can see they shot much better at the line tonight. :D

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Bonzi was 3-4? Scola got both??

Head 5-5???

26-32 for 81% is pretty good in my book. And the reason we won the game.

Too bad Aaron Brooks missed every shot he took tonight including the last 2 FTs.