1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have possibly the WORST practice facility in the league.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

It could help draw FAs

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Does it really matter that they’re two steps behind Hofheinz in the grand scheme of things

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

They can have nice things if they start winning

our facility helps build character and keep you humble

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the fact that you're calling it Hofheinz and they're even behind that is that pathetic lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Roc Paint

I would say you’re pathetic for not catching my drift

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh i got it. I wanted to further clarify it because plenty of folks aren't going to get it. most of the folks probably believe it's Hofheinz

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Better practice facilities=better practice=bad for tank

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

Most folks on here are stupid

megastahr and tinman like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well said.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

it seems like if they're scrimmaging full court, anyone not playing basically has to wait and watch... which is stupid.
    Needs an upgrade in the biggest way...

Little Bit and fckbandwagons like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder if this is even on Tilman’s radar anymore. Rockets practice facility is like a connected to the wall landline house phone…How about we finally upgrade to the latest iPhone?

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. marky :)

marky :) Member

All we need is a poll or two in the middle and we've got ourselves a 24hr fitness basketball court.

[​IMG]

kdchilds likes this.
  13. TimDuncanDonaut

There are gyms.
    Then there are performance centers.

Air filtration system in locker rooms. Shot tracking for the analytics department. Hot/cold tubs. Sensory deprivation chamber (guys like Curry uses). Smart TV, whiteboards. Underwater treadmills for rehab. Executive chef.

Doesn't have to be phoenix nice; at least get bigger courts with more sideline space.

NBA athletes are like fine tuned sports cars. You give them the best for the competitive edge.

Invest in players, invest in practice facility.

#353 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    Richie_Rich, BigMaloe, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

From the moment Hakeem was traded to the moment Harden got Dwight Howard on team we were mediocre and a non contender.

15 fucvking years.

15. i3artow i3aller

How awesome would this be? Looks like the sort of facility our young core would gravitate to. Well past time to build a cutting edge performance center these top flight gym rats can finally be excited to hang out and train in. Invest in their future.

Reeko and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Underrated post

Roc Paint likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I agree but let's not let thieving Les off the hook. He never built a facility and designed Toyota Center without a proper one.

Yes Tilman is responsible for sitting and apparently doing nothing for 5 years and counting on this front but Les had years and all he ever did was threaten to leave.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Exactly NBA is supposed to be world class. When in a field, where talent is key, attracting them, retention, and most importantly development. The facility absolutely matters. Is Rockets a mom/pop shop or is it the +billions company that Forbes say it is.

Yung-T and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I remember when I was a kid I thought it was a good thing that the practice facility was inside the Toyota Center, but then now I realize it was Les being cheap and saving some money instead.

ipaman likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

“PeOpLe ArE JuSt LoOkInG fOr A rEaSoN tO b**** AnD hAtE oN TiLmAn”

Take it from the horse’s mouth himself.

WE DO NOT HAVE A PROPER TRAINING FACILITY.
    ONE TIGHT COURT AND YOU CAN’T EVEN STAND NEXT TO THE WALL.
    IT’S BAD.
    [OTHER TEAMS] HAVE BETTER FACILITIES.

[Fertitta] said he considers it a priority to have a facility with multiple courts, rather than the one practice court the Rockets have used since moving into Toyota Center in 2003.

"We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive," Fertitta said. "We only have a one-court practice facility. When there's a concert or another event going on, they can't use the other (arena) court. So, you're down to this one tight court that you can't even stand next to the wall. It's bad.”

“I've already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities. We also need the facilities for our players and coaches that are as good as anybody else's in the league.”

Though Fertitta said the priority is on the facilities, the project would also be valuable over the years in recruiting of players.

"I think it's important," he said. "It's all still a reflection on the team and players and ownership. You always want people to see this isn't a hobby. This is a business. We're going to give you the best facilities for any free agent to see."

"I have no desire just to build a practice facility," Fertitta said. "We would turn it into 100 percent some type of entertainment facility built around the practice and training facility. It will be an entertainment venue. The practice facility will be part of it. We will look at what's the best place for us to put it so it's convenient for our coaches and players and financially."​

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe, Yung-T and 4 others like this.