1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have possibly the WORST practice facility in the league.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It is lol. It is what it is. You getting worked up about this is a waste of time do you not agree? Lol geez. I’m on this **** because I’m bored. I asked you specific questions you couldn’t answer so we will leave it at that. Lol

roslolian likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

the rox are more than welcome to practice at my hs alma mater for their practices. it's much better than what the rox have now, with a real out-of-bounds that's not a wall.

goooo lamaaar (are we still the redskins?)!!!

@ThatBoyNick pls confirm

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

No I'm saying I cant see how a couple of extra courts are that big a deal.

You dont get it, its not that I want to save Tilman money that I'll never see, its that I dont care if he invests in practice facilities or buys a yacht with that money instead. Its his money he can do whatever he wants with it.

If I was controlling Tilman's money, I'd first divert it to myself and any extra I'll use on the Rockets. But I dont control his money so now my choice is accept that he isnt building a new practice facility or get upset that he isnt building a new facility.

Before I get upset that he isnt spending on a new facility I need to sit down and analyze what you are missing out on by not having a multimillion facility. From what I can it aint a big deal. So how can I get mad? If you can quantify that thise extra courts and new conference rooms and displays gives the team an ultimate edge then maybe I cam get upset Fertita isnt spending every spare dime on the Rockets. But I havent seen any analysis done here just a lot of whining other teams spent on practice facility and the Rox didnt.

4. DonatelloLimestone

"
    “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities.""

ashleyem likes this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

thats why we're all on here..did anyone get on this board as the productive part of their day? thatst why its a weird high horse people tlking bout htis is a waste of time while actually clicking reading writing that this a waste of time, theres some irony in that don't ya think

how did i not answer your quetsion? the owner himself:
    "
    “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities.""

so basically your position is to be more prudent for the owner thn the owner himself evene if smller market teams do it?

6. DonatelloLimestone

lol you act like you're controlling his money, you are more worried about his money than he is. are any fns in san antoinio a cheper mrket worried about the owners money?

ok, argue this...here is the owner himself saying its worth it, and important, and not upto par....this is 2017

"

please answer why you disagree with tilman enoguh that you feel tilman shoud save money on something hes reported when he first bought tht we have one of the worst ones.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's really popular right now so...

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities."

8. DonatelloLimestone

you gotta do it, otherwise they keep asking us to prove we need new facilities...only 4/5 fans i've seen care more about the owner pokcets then the owner himself! they lways get quiet when its his own quotes so its fun to wait to let em say its not worth it, then die out when tilman himself has said and emphasized it.

#268 DonatelloLimestone, Aug 27, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  9. DonatelloLimestone

from a fan perspective...hugeg money maker, people would love that environment, fun idea, tilman would like it.

players wont go for it during their practice and free time

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tell me whats youre perspective on shooting coaches?

if its the same money, is it better to invest in shooting coaches or the training facility?

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

like the spurs
    do both

theres a reason this is a billion dollar league, and the dudes like holt who bought in the 90s got a cash infusion from Dell.

This is not an anomaly, this is becoming the par in the leaguge. NExt tv deal will be even bigger money to be made and they will further increase investment in the team. From details and expensive machines for recovery, to building in house restaurants and meals, they are finding margins to give the players any little edge for those wanting to build the exemplary franchise.

Its just not a budget league, we can of course get by as we have for four years, btu we will lose out on talent both in staff, execs, and players when they have offers and are seeing other jobs have an enviornment that pursues excellence and for some reason rockets are trying to do most of it on a budget.
    Tilman himself has mentioned the training facilitiy was 'bad' and just 'not competitive'.

Likewise speciality coaches are just going to add more resources especilyl as we have a young team, i think its really a great time to invest in our infrastructure and development staff and resources. but yes that cost money, tilman has said he has offers for half the team and he regularly says no...so you just can't hve it botht ways, hurts our team, helps one guys margins...yet 4/5 dudes here are all for it even if the owner himself has said otherwise and smll market teams are doing it.

burlesk, peleincubus and hakeem94 like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Invest more into the future, yield better result. If our owner isn't cheap he should do both.

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

My Life, starring “We do not have a proper training facility with what you need today to be competitive,” Fertitta said. “We only have a one-court practice facility. When there’s a concert or another event going on, they can’t use the other (arena) court. So, you’re down to this one tight court that you can’t even stand next to the wall. It’s bad.

“I’ve already been to other facilities and have seen they have better facilities."

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This quote is relevant for the discussion in my opinion.

15. DonatelloLimestone

lets get it on the banner

burlesk likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

running an nba team in the 4th largest city in the US flush with young talent to build a future dynasty

on a budget

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  17. bmd

bmd Member

I’m the one who made this thread 4 years ago. I remember making it. Took me probably 20 minutes. And here you are 4 years later still spending time in this thread that I haven’t visited in 4 years.

You’ve wasted more time reading and replying to my thread than I did making it.

Reeko, ico4498, Easy and 2 others like this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

A lot of people in this thread are completely missing the point. It’s not that a new practice facility will lead directly to wins, just like upgrading the locker room has nothing to do with winning.

But you cannot fall behind in the NBA. It’s an arms race. Big-time college football programs do the same thing. Go check out all of the state-of-the-art training facilities, weight rooms, locker rooms, etc at schools like Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Oregon, etc.

19. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

It's never a waste of time to make wild assumptions about someone's mental functioning in a delightfully aggressive and mocking way, don't you find, though? One of the simple pleasures of the interwebs... I mean, that poo ain't gonna fling itself!

ico4498 likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Can't they just rent a high school gym to practice in?